It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:37 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:05 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
satire aside, nobody really cares about all of your rules. just say it's 0.5ppr and you gotta pick 5 out of all of those nicknamed heroes.

i like the concept of terrelle pryor in a 2013's cam newton type of role. in his first 2 seasons cam was able to drop 20+pts (the # i aim for with my QBs) without his best games thanks to the rushing yards/TDs... after his rookie season he was a last-ditch-effort for a QB1 aka a rather proper championship-caliber QB2 for his second year. pryor has some of that going on, he's able to get ~25-50 rushing yards every week along with some good enough passing numbers, although he isn't (yet?) the presence on the goal line that cam newton has been since he came into the league. furthermore, KC is playing much better and now it's a vaunted defense with a super cornerback for your guy d-moore; regardless, i'd still take my chances with pryor being so much of the offense that the worst case scenario is something like the ~10-12pts you've seen him get in his one non-concussed off week this season.

with henne you're basically hoping that cecil shorts and/or justin blackmon can go off. the latter is a solid WR pickup right now (semantically speaking, it would have been "slick" b4 his success last wknd) cuz last year from mid-november on he was a ~50+ yds / week WR, with a couple flares into the triple digits and a handful of touchdowns down the stretch. this year he came out and put up yards and a touchdown.... obviously jacksonville sucks, but figuring that they'll be trailing by so much by the 2nd half there's a decent chance of henne/shorts/blackmon being a solid trio going forward, but i'd think that blackmon has the upside now (relative to the price you'd pay trading with the guy who's got cecil shorts)

so yeah, i'd go with pryor, bernard, mcgahee megatron cruz and d-moore.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:03 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
I picked up Mcgahee for a bye week this week as Detroit gives up rushing yards. I have Denarius and Golden Tate. Can't decide who to start.