Ray Rice
Jordan Cameron

for

Reggie Bush
Frank Gore
Rob Gronkowski

Thoughts? Accept/Decline?

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

Post subject: Re: Trade Advice
PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:47 pm 

Not knowing the rest of your team, how does this make your team better?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
I think you have the best two players in the deal (Bush, especially if PPR, and Gronk), so I wouldn't do it.

Ridley and Rice are so so this season, and Cameron's value will decrease due to QB instability.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:27 pm 
Don't do it

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:43 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
I'd say no to this.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:31 am 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
Decline.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:47 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
First of all you've gotta post your whole team so we know what you're working with. Secondly you've gotta post your league settings so we know how to best maximize your chances of winning. Yes, fantasy football often has people succeeding because they're the guy with peyton manning and jimmy graham this year... but lots more teams go out and win because they have a bunch of quality options at every position week in and week out, so really the best way to gauge if a trade is worhwhile is to know what kind of a canvas you're working with.

So yeah, for your future reference remember to put that stuff out there if you want the question answered as thoroughly as possible.

anyways, that said, i don't have to even look at your team to ask "are you retarded?" cuz seriously, you're likely being fed lead chips by someone in your family trying to cash out your life insurance policy if you're even going to consider that trade for more than the 3 minutes it'd take to whip up a modified version of the Fantasy Football Trade page in dreamweaver if only so it could have a HELL NO button.

first of all ray rice is on the decline. you know how our radio hero bernstein often mentions how the NFL has been devaluing RBs because they come in, give you ~4 years, nad invariably break down and start to lose a step or two b4 being entirely out of football by/in their lower 30s more often than not. Ray Rice has been hurtin and gimpy, and quite honestly this ravens team is best suited to throw the football as opposed to giving you a heavy dose of ray rice. There's a reason bernard pierce is getting so many touches throughout the weekes where Rice is healthy and playing; Pierce is getting ~30-40yds/game and even vultured a touchdown or two earlier in the year (i think rice only missed one game but pierce has two double digit fantasy weeks.... so yeah just the mere fact that RAY FUCKING RICE has been pulled to allow somebody else to rush for a (presumably?) goal line TD, yeah, that should tell you that it ain't 2010 no more, toto!

dude's trying to dump stevan ridley on you because he's a maddening player. by the end of the year his overall #s have looked good enough to the point where you wanna forget all of those abysmally low 0-3pt games that he's capable of having. he's way more prone to having that kind of an afternoon/evening than his contemporaries amongst the upper tiers of fantasy RBs. stevan was absolutely KILLING you this season, i believe he even had a str8up -2 point game.... so now that he went out and dropped 23pts last week this dude is desperately trying to peddle him for whatever he can get cuz seriously man, i bet you that the guy who had ridley was 75% likely to not be starting him last week (cuz by now if you didnt figure out how to get more than 0-3pts from your RB2 position, god forbid having stevan ridley as your #1 RB on the team... then yeah, thats the only reason you start him: necessity. so basically by taking ridley you're solving some other guy's headache...pfft. let him roll with willis mcgahee or jason randle or whoever's getting a spot start or has just overtaken a low ~6-13pts/week starting RB gig.

and umm....jordan cameron?!! LOL WHAT?!?! in a trade where you're giving up gronk @ TE? seriously where the fuck is this guy's head at.... i mean yeah you wanna get the better of everyone in trades, but you don't wanna do it in such a way that you str8up jack someone. yeah gronk might not even be back this week, he might not be what he was.... whatever. fine. but considering you're already at week 7 of the season and you've made it thus far without gronk, why the hell would you trade him now for the privilege of downgrading your two RBs.... because you want jordan cameron?!!? HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA yeah he had his 15, 18, and 25pt weeks... and yeah he's also had a 9.60pts week. but you know what he's gotten lately? 3.60 and 6.40.... aka the kind of #s you can expect from him from here on out. also, wasn't it brandon hoyer throwing to him early in the year when he was dropping those 15/18/25pts? and umm... seriously, unless you're a cleveland fanboy who digs the #IWantToBelieve meme.... yeah really dude, jordan cameron isn't shit. he's had a few nice games and if you had a cosmic black hole @ TE then yeah he's stepped in nicely.... but you planned to have a premium TE by drafting gronk, so at this point to go through the 7-8 weeks of missing him only to turn around and trade him right b4 he starts playing..... for those three assclowns?

ha.

that's all i've got man. plz forgive me for my demonstrably psychotic behaviour here, as i know there is no place for actual fantasy football discussion in a fantasy football thread on a chicago sports fan message board. for penance i'll say 10 hail marys, 50 rosaries, and spend 5 days hanging out in the wisconsinite daily radio threads.... and i'll even put on the big show and see if i can guile my way into the DL homoerotic side of the CSFMB. no bitches allowed, but cerftainly bring all of your lady friends cuz we're gonna need some 'bait to get those tweeners in here! 1-2-3 YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYY BIG SHOW!

speaking of big fat pussies, no ironically named BFPs were harmed in the typing of this thread.

First of all you've gotta post your whole team so we know what you're working with. Secondly you've gotta post your league settings so we know how to best maximize your chances of winning. Yes, fantasy football often has people succeeding because they're the guy with peyton manning and jimmy graham this year... but lots more teams go out and win because they have a bunch of quality options at every position week in and week out, so really the best way to gauge if a trade is worhwhile is to know what kind of a canvas you're working with.

So yeah, for your future reference remember to put that stuff out there if you want the question answered as thoroughly as possible.

anyways, that said, i don't have to even look at your team to ask "are you retarded?" cuz seriously, you're likely being fed lead chips by someone in your family trying to cash out your life insurance policy if you're even going to consider that trade for more than the 3 minutes it'd take to whip up a modified version of the Fantasy Football Trade page in dreamweaver if only so it could have a HELL NO button.

first of all ray rice is on the decline. you know how our radio hero bernstein often mentions how the NFL has been devaluing RBs because they come in, give you ~4 years, nad invariably break down and start to lose a step or two b4 being entirely out of football by/in their lower 30s more often than not. Ray Rice has been hurtin and gimpy, and quite honestly this ravens team is best suited to throw the football as opposed to giving you a heavy dose of ray rice. There's a reason bernard pierce is getting so many touches throughout the weekes where Rice is healthy and playing; Pierce is getting ~30-40yds/game and even vultured a touchdown or two earlier in the year (i think rice only missed one game but pierce has two double digit fantasy weeks.... so yeah just the mere fact that RAY FUCKING RICE has been pulled to allow somebody else to rush for a (presumably?) goal line TD, yeah, that should tell you that it ain't 2010 no more, toto!

dude's trying to dump stevan ridley on you because he's a maddening player. by the end of the year his overall #s have looked good enough to the point where you wanna forget all of those abysmally low 0-3pt games that he's capable of having. he's way more prone to having that kind of an afternoon/evening than his contemporaries amongst the upper tiers of fantasy RBs. stevan was absolutely KILLING you this season, i believe he even had a str8up -2 point game.... so now that he went out and dropped 23pts last week this dude is desperately trying to peddle him for whatever he can get cuz seriously man, i bet you that the guy who had ridley was 75% likely to not be starting him last week (cuz by now if you didnt figure out how to get more than 0-3pts from your RB2 position, god forbid having stevan ridley as your #1 RB on the team... then yeah, thats the only reason you start him: necessity. so basically by taking ridley you're solving some other guy's headache...pfft. let him roll with willis mcgahee or jason randle or whoever's getting a spot start or has just overtaken a low ~6-13pts/week starting RB gig.

and umm....jordan cameron?!! LOL WHAT?!?! in a trade where you're giving up gronk @ TE? seriously where the fuck is this guy's head at.... i mean yeah you wanna get the better of everyone in trades, but you don't wanna do it in such a way that you str8up jack someone. yeah gronk might not even be back this week, he might not be what he was.... whatever. fine. but considering you're already at week 7 of the season and you've made it thus far without gronk, why the hell would you trade him now for the privilege of downgrading your two RBs.... because you want jordan cameron?!!? HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA yeah he had his 15, 18, and 25pt weeks... and yeah he's also had a 9.60pts week. but you know what he's gotten lately? 3.60 and 6.40.... aka the kind of #s you can expect from him from here on out. also, wasn't it brandon hoyer throwing to him early in the year when he was dropping those 15/18/25pts? and umm... seriously, unless you're a cleveland fanboy who digs the #IWantToBelieve meme.... yeah really dude, jordan cameron isn't shit. he's had a few nice games and if you had a cosmic black hole @ TE then yeah he's stepped in nicely.... but you planned to have a premium TE by drafting gronk, so at this point to go through the 7-8 weeks of missing him only to turn around and trade him right b4 he starts playing..... for those three assclowns?

ha.

that's all i've got man. plz forgive me for my demonstrably psychotic behaviour here, as i know there is no place for actual fantasy football discussion in a fantasy football thread on a chicago sports fan message board. for penance i'll say 10 hail marys, 50 rosaries, and spend 5 days hanging out in the wisconsinite daily radio threads.... and i'll even put on the big show and see if i can guile my way into the DL homoerotic side of the CSFMB. no bitches allowed, but cerftainly bring all of your lady friends cuz we're gonna need some 'bait to get those tweeners in here! 1-2-3 YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYY BIG SHOW!

speaking of big fat pussies, no ironically named BFPs were harmed in the typing of this thread.

ha.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:56 am 

Thanks for the thoughts gentlemen, you too Sini.

I was leaning towards declining it when I saw it, but figured I would check out some other opinions.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
Dude don't do it.

As an update I am now cruising safely in first. I got three healthy QB(Brees,RGIII and Stafford) Of Stafford and RGIII who do I trade for a WR or even a RB am secure in RB but weak at WR

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:53 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
trade rg3.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
chaspoppcap wrote:
Dude don't do it.

As an update I am now cruising safely in first. I got three healthy QB(Brees,RGIII and Stafford) Of Stafford and RGIII who do I trade for a WR or even a RB am secure in RB but weak at WR

How do you have Brees, RG3, and Stafford? Is this a two person league?

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:10 pm 

This trade didn't involve me, but I'm the commish in a league where this trade has caused a little bit of a fuss:
(Standard/Non-PPR)

Team A traded away A. Peterson and Golden Tate
-to-
Team B traed away MJD, H. Nicks, and P. Harvin

(Team A's starting WR's were Amendola and Wayne - so they were fairly desperate for WR depth).

Is this that lopsided of a deal?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
100% DECLINE

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:58 pm 

spanky wrote:
This trade didn't involve me, but I'm the commish in a league where this trade has caused a little bit of a fuss:
(Standard/Non-PPR)

-to-

(Team A's starting WR's were Amendola and Wayne - so they were fairly desperate for WR depth).

Team A is definitely getting the better end of the deal. I would have to know the managers involved, and where they are in the standings. If you know these guys, and you don't think B is definitely dumping players to A, then allow it.

Some people over-rate AP. I traded AP and Miles Austin for Beastmode and AJ Green. The guy with whom I made the trade, is not an idiot, nor was he dumping players. Bad trades happen in fantasy leagues, just like real leagues.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:13 pm 

Don Tiny wrote:
100% DECLINE

I appreciate the response, but which team do you think should decline?

Or are you saying as commish I should not allow this?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:17 pm 

Chus wrote:
spanky wrote:
(Standard/Non-PPR)

-to-

Team A is definitely getting the better end of the deal. I would have to know the managers involved, and where they are in the standings. If you know these guys, and you don't think B is definitely dumping players to A, then allow it.

Some people over-rate AP. I traded AP and Miles Austin for Beastmode and AJ Green. The guy with whom I made the trade, is not an idiot, nor was he dumping players. Bad trades happen in fantasy leagues, just like real leagues.

I'm glad somebody said all of this. It's a little more slanted than my own perspective, but I don't think that the person that got AP is getting a "steal" that is "bad for the whole league" as a couple people in my league are saying.

AP has been bad - really bad - the last couple of weeks. The show I was listening to this morning during my commute was saying everybody should pick up Gerhart if available because the common thinking is that something is clearly wrong with AP. I don;t know about all of that, he could break out for 150/2 this week and I wouldn't be surprised. But he has sucked lately.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:19 pm 

Chus wrote:
spanky wrote:
(Standard/Non-PPR)

-to-

Team A is 9th out of 10 (but not completely out of it yet - 2 games out of playoffs) and Team B is 6th.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:35 pm 

spanky wrote:
Chus wrote:
spanky wrote:
(Standard/Non-PPR)

-to-

Team A is 9th out of 10 (but not completely out of it yet - 2 games out of playoffs) and Team B is 6th.

Let it through. Sometimes people just make bad trades. A shrewd manager shouldn't be penalized, just because the other managers don't like it.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:06 pm 

Was offered Aaron Rodgers and Vincent Jackson for Cam Newton and Ashlon Jeffery

Would you do it?

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Immediately.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Tony Weed's
1039 Oliver Ave, Aurora
(630) 892-2772
DO IT!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:27 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Pray that your league doesn't veto that deal. Getting Rodgers means you don't have to think about your QB spot for 10 years.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:24 pm 
RFDC wrote:

Would you do it?

If you have to ask this you really might want to re-evaluate playing fantasy football...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:44 pm 

Baby McNown wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Would you do it?

If you have to ask this you really might want to re-evaluate playing fantasy football...

Fuck off

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:03 pm 
Truth hurts huh?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
I'm 0-2 in my PPR league.
QB: Brady
WR1: Julio,
WR2: Demaryius,
RB1: Gio,
RB2: Pierre Thomas
Flex: Crabtree
TE: Dwayne Allen

Bench WR: Terrance Williams, G. Jennings,
Bench RB: Joique Bell, Terrance West, Ahmad Bradshaw, Fred Jackson
Bench TE: Heath Miller
Bench QB: None

I acquired Crabtree for Cruz last week. A marginal improvement.

Framework of a possible deal:

Lacy/Wayne for DT/Jackson

I am tempted but I'm not deep at WR. I think I should be patient and wait for members to come crawling for RBs in desperation.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
No way. Thomas for a bum in Lacey? No way. Start Bell and enjoy having what is probably the best starting WR combo in your league.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
Trade Brady. His name will bring more in return than his actual fantasy value anymore. There is likely someone on the waiver wire that can put up comparable QB numbers now.

Also, that framework trade sucks for you. Don't get rid of Peyton Manning's #1 receiver for any reason. Pick up NYG's TE Donnell of the waivers (no one probably has him). He will be a high end PPR TE this season.