It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:19 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:21 am 

Demarco Murray gets over 40 on his own

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:31 am 

Jordan Cameron got his bell rung so it looks like I'll have to pick up my 5th TE of the year. TE's are almost as frustrating as closers.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:08 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
I'm 6-2 and in first place.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:31 pm 

I'm sitting here in the enviable position of having Murray, Foster and Ingram at RB. We do not have a flex position in the league so obviously the only time Ingram starts is on a bye or if someone is hurt. I could stash him in case of injury but I am 7-1, so what I really want is a powerhouse team for the playoffs. I need to move him. I have a big need at WR/TE where Dez Bryant is my only weekly must start. I cannot get these bitches to trade. One guy is starting Dixon at RB and he responded with bs trades when I sent him Stewart for Vincent Jackson, so fuck him.

Am I crazy to think I should be getting a top flight WR for Ingram? I would like Ingram for Julio Jones. It would be crazy at the beginning of the season but Ingram has put up great numbers even when his backfield was crowded.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
good dolphin wrote:
I'm sitting here in the enviable position of having Murray, Foster and Ingram at RB. We do not have a flex position in the league so obviously the only time Ingram starts is on a bye or if someone is hurt. I could stash him in case of injury but I am 7-1, so what I really want is a powerhouse team for the playoffs. I need to move him. I have a big need at WR/TE where Dez Bryant is my only weekly must start. I cannot get these bitches to trade. One guy is starting Dixon at RB and he responded with bs trades when I sent him Stewart for Vincent Jackson, so fuck him.

Am I crazy to think I should be getting a top flight WR for Ingram? I would like Ingram for Julio Jones. It would be crazy at the beginning of the season but Ingram has put up great numbers even when his backfield was crowded.

I don't think he is worth Julio Jones. I would aim lower at an Emmanuel Sanders or Alshon Jeffrey. Or possibly a top tier TE like Thomas or Gronk.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Chus wrote:
I have two teams that are 7-0.

2 teams are now 8-0.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:55 pm 

Big Chicagoan wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

I don't think he is worth Julio Jones. I would aim lower at an Emmanuel Sanders or Alshon Jeffrey. Or possibly a top tier TE like Thomas or Gronk.

I just threw out a informal request for Marshall and Sammy Watkins. I'd be willing to throw in one of my guys like Kendall Wright, Malcolm Floyd or Cordarelle Patterson. I want to keep Garcon as I think he goes back to being a viable starter with RGIII returning.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:46 pm 

down 45 points with Snatchez and Eagles DST playing tonight. I would have won easily if Rogers hadn't put up 88 points last night. Now I have to sweat this one out.

I don't need stellar nights from either to get to 45. Give me a solid night from Snatchez and a couple of picks from the D and I should be good.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
good dolphin wrote:
down 45 points with Snatchez and Eagles DST playing tonight. I would have won easily if Rogers hadn't put up 88 points last night. Now I have to sweat this one out.

I don't need stellar nights from either to get to 45. Give me a solid night from Snatchez and a couple of picks from the D and I should be good.

what kind of weird ass scoring do you use where a QB scores 88 points?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
billypootons wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

And Sanchez could easily score 40?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:37 am 

billypootons wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

6 for TD

1 for every 10 yards

bonus for 20+, 30+, etc plays

bonus over 300

It doesn't really matter as the generous scoring applies to all QBs so it is a wash

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:38 am 

Big Chicagoan wrote:
billypootons wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

And Sanchez could easily score 40?

He threw for 300+ yards which was forseeable given his offense, the Panther pass D and the scoring explosion we have seen on nationally televised games this year

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:48 am 

I lost for the first time this week and now stand at 9-1.

My other league I am 4-6 and that team is probably better than the other one.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:51 am 

8-2 and have lead the league in scoring five different weeks. I had a seven game win streak. I'm starting to break league records with this team in a league that has been around for a decade.

I still have Ingram as a chit with Murray and Foster as my RB. I am getting nothing at WR #2 and 3. These fucks don't seem to realize that Ingram would be a first round pick if the draft were re held today

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:34 pm 

11-0 in Nas' league.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:09 am 

I traded in Ingram for Kelvin Benjamin. That isn't quite the level I expected back in return but it was literally an 11th hour trade up against the deadline. I was getting no movement anywhere else and I really didn't want him to sit on my bench getting points when I could have a desperately needed WR picking up slightly less but in the lineup. I was really pushing hard on a guy who had Beckham, Watkins, Marshall and Demaryius Thomas at WR but was rolling out Jerrick Mc Kinnon at RB. I wasn't even looking for Thomas, just one of the other three, and this guy wouldn't pull the trigger. I noticed the guy with Benjamin was in a tough spot at RB and thought Benjamin is pretty much in the class of Watkins and Beckham.

I offered as I left the office to go to a meeting praying the guy would look at his computer that night. As I was driving home late after the long meeting I saw a text from the guy I had originally been dealing with calling it a bs trade. I just laughed. I needed that laugh.

8-3 after a weekend where Murray and Bryant were on and Foster was hurt. That was an ugly team I had to roll out. I still was competitive because Luck is good for 300 yards per start.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:11 am 

I am 10-1 in 1 of my leagues now, and I have no idea how it is happening.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:08 am 

cbs trade value index seems to indicate I got a pretty fair deal for Ingram, maybe even slightly more favorable to me. It didn't feel like that when I proposed the trade.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:18 am 

great start to the season but really kind of slogging through the end

I need 16 points from Kenny Stills tonight to tie. It's certainly do able with him moving up in the rotation after the Cooks injury. I'm not banking on it.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:54 am 

sorry, needed only 14 from Stills. I got 17. Playoffs!

9-3

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:12 am 

The Poopship Destroyers (12-0) are large, and in charge.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:06 am 

finished the regular season at 10-3.

My WR group suddenly looks fantastic with Bryant, Benjamin and now Stills emerging as the top WR in NO.

My weakest link is TE. I will have to treat that as a week to week waiver position during the playoffs.

My league is stacked this year. I have no confidence that I will get out of the semifinals even being the #1 seed with a good sized lead in points scored this year.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:10 am 

I need Jarvis Landry to have the game of his life tonight or I'm out of the playoffs....again.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:28 am 

I had a first round bye in the playoffs, so the money round really starts for me tonight.

I play the 4th seed, who is better than the 2nd seed. I think I have it this week. His two QB are both in difficult matchups. Really, his areas of strength all have difficult games. My opponents are all middle of the road and I think Luck is going to explode after his turnover prone game last week.

Win this week and I am assured good money.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:02 pm 
1000 CLUB

My team started out the season great, tailed off in the middle, and we ended up in the playoffs as the 6th seed. I beat the #3 seed last week and I'm playing the #1 this week. Projected to win by 10 or so, but in our league that's a 40 yard completion with a TD.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:29 am 

good dolphin wrote:
great start to the season but really kind of slogging through the end

I need 16 points from Kenny Stills tonight to tie. It's certainly do able with him moving up in the rotation after the Cooks injury. I'm not banking on it.

Very similar situation this weekend.

I trail by 7 points with the only guy left to play on either side being Stills. All I need is a moderate game from him. 4 catches for 50 yards would get it done. NO FUMBLES.

As an aside, I went to sleep last night with my game tied. I own the tiebreakers and had Stills, so I was in celebration mode. I wake up today to readjustments in scoring. FUCK YOU CBS.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:02 pm 

Chus wrote:
The Poopship Destroyers (12-0) are large, and in charge.

And now we have vanished, like a fart in the wind.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:50 pm 
1000 CLUB

I need Jimmy Graham and Kenny Stills to be held to 47.94 points total tonight.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:56 pm 

I am up 26, he has Forte and I have the Saints kicker. It still scares me as bad as the Saints defense is.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:51 pm 

You cannot win tomorrow's game today but that Demarco Murray injury will probably sink me next week

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next