It is currently Tue May 21, 2024 8:40 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: kicker strategy
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Been toying with a new strategy the last few weeks....picking the kicker from the team that my opponent's starting QB comes from. Gives you a discount every time your opponent QB gets a TD.

This week I have the NO kicker, but my opponent has Tannehill starting at QB. The Miami kicker is available and even though he is projected to not do much, I'm still tempted to make that switch rather than pick up one of the kickers being projected for big days.

Post subject: Re: kicker strategy
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:14 pm 

interesting philosophy but I would rather shoot for the 3 rather than trying to recapture 1 from my opponent

It is probably a wash overall.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
shakes wrote:
Been toying with a new strategy the last few weeks....picking the kicker from the team that my opponent's starting QB comes from. Gives you a discount every time your opponent QB gets a TD.

This week I have the NO kicker, but my opponent has Tannehill starting at QB. The Miami kicker is available and even though he is projected to not do much, I'm still tempted to make that switch rather than pick up one of the kickers being projected for big days.

kicker is so random... not sure i would go with that strategy. i bet its been tried so maybe you can read up on it if some internet site posted something on it.

espn's site lets you sort kickers by opponent points allowed to kickers... so i try to finds a top 15 in season scoring kicker who has a plus matchup...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
I play a kicker who is playing inside, or in a warm city with little wind.

Greg Zuerlein is a great kicker for fantasy. He has a strong leg, he plays indoors 8 times per year, and his team struggles to put the ball in the end zone. He is relatively unknown, so you can usually get him in the last round of the draft.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
Chus wrote:

Greg Zuerlein is a great kicker for fantasy. He has a strong leg, he plays indoors 8 times per year, and his team struggles to put the ball in the end zone. He is relatively unknown, so you can usually get him in the last round of the draft.

he's 23rd in season points in my league

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Our league has no kickers. Not even allowed on the team plane!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:34 pm 

bigfan wrote:

Last month I emailed the league and suggested we get rid of kickers and defenses next year and to replace those with an extra flex and starting QB. They were receptive and we're gonna talk about it after the season.

I listen to fantasy sports on XM every morning on the way to work and getting rid of kickers and defenses is an up and coming trend amongst those that play fantasy for real money.

I like the idea of adding a second starting QB to force people to have to think about the position rather than just draft a top guy be done with decisions the rest of the year. I think there would have to be a 2 QB limit on rosters though, that's the only way it would work. Force people to have think hard about dropping their #2 guy to grab someone off the wire, but would also keep the wire active since people wouldn't be able to horde QBs.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
shakes wrote:
bigfan wrote:

Last month I emailed the league and suggested we get rid of kickers and defenses next year and to replace those with an extra flex and starting QB. They were receptive and we're gonna talk about it after the season.

I listen to fantasy sports on XM every morning on the way to work and getting rid of kickers and defenses is an up and coming trend amongst those that play fantasy for real money.

I like the idea of adding a second starting QB to force people to have to think about the position rather than just draft a top guy be done with decisions the rest of the year. I think there would have to be a 2 QB limit on rosters though, that's the only way it would work. Force people to have think hard about dropping their #2 guy to grab someone off the wire, but would also keep the wire active since people wouldn't be able to horde QBs.

Essentially a kicker is a reward for a team that cant put it in the endzone. To have that one kicker getting 10-20 points sucks.

Defensive players are quality, team defense I dont like. We go S/CB, LB, DT/DE....I do not like our scoring for them, way too much emphasis put on a guy who gets 3 sacks....

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:12 am 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
Go with a kicker kicking indoors in warm weather at home.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:37 am 

shakes wrote:
bigfan wrote:

The back end of the #2 QB group would be an absolute black hole in a 12 team league. That doesn't make the league fun. I'd rather have an extra flex.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:00 am 

billypootons wrote:
Chus wrote:

Okay. But, you get him in the last round, while others waste mid round picks on Gostkowski and Vinatieri.

The difference between 1st and 23rd in kickers isn't as great as 1st and 23rd at other positions.

<º)))><

Last edited by Chus on Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:01 am 

Scorehead wrote:
Go with a kicker kicking indoors in warm weather at home.

Is there an echo in here.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:02 am 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
Chus wrote:
billypootons wrote:
Chus wrote:

Okay. But, you get him in the last round, while others waste mid round picks on Gostkowski and Vinatieri.

Who in the fuck spends mid-round picks on kickers? Seriously? It's the last round or two at best.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:03 am 

shakes wrote:
bigfan wrote:

Getting rid of kickers and defense? At what point is a team only going to be a QB, RB, and WR? Why is fantasy football so lame? Just draft everyone. I thought football people were VERY SMART.

O-Line, All defensive positions, special teams, punters. Everything should be worth points.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:03 am 

shakes wrote:
bigfan wrote:

It sucks losing because the other guy's kicker nailed five field goals, but kickers and defenses are a part of the game, and should be a part of fantasy.

I hate when kickers get bonus points for long field goals. A 50+ yard field goal is only worth three points. It shouldn't be worth five in fantasy.

<º)))><

Last edited by Chus on Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:04 am 

My league does three IDPs. I've been politicking for drafting every defensive position, but most guys in the league say no.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:07 am 

redskingreg wrote:
My league does three IDPs. I've been politicking for drafting every defensive position, but most guys in the league say no.

My fantasy baseball league is going to get rid of catchers next season to make the game easier.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:12 am 

redskingreg wrote:
Chus wrote:
billypootons wrote:
Chus wrote:

Who in the fuck spends mid-round picks on kickers? Seriously? It's the last round or two at best.

I am looking at my leagues now.

12 team league -- Gostkowski and Vinatieri went in the 9th round, before Jeremy Maclin, DeAndre Hopkins, and Mike Evans.

12 team league -- Prater went in round 6, before Tom Brady, Tony Romo, and Jeremy Maclin

<º)))><

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:13 am 

shakes wrote:
bigfan wrote:

2 QBs is so much worse than having a kicker.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:24 am 

Chus wrote:
redskingreg wrote:
Chus wrote:
billypootons wrote:

I am looking at my leagues now.

12 team league -- Gostkowski and Vinatieri went in the 9th round, before Jeremy Maclin, DeAndre Hopkins, and Mike Evans.

12 team league -- Prater went in round 6, before Tom Brady, Tony Romo, and Jeremy Maclin

You play with a bunch of dinguses.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:26 am 

redskingreg wrote:

No doubt, and yet I missed the playoffs. Drafting Brandon Marshall, Cordarelle Patterson, and Doug Martin ruined me.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:27 am 

Chus wrote:
redskingreg wrote:

No doubt, and yet I missed the playoffs. Drafting Brandon Marshall, Cordarelle Patterson, and Doug Martin ruined me.

Should have drafted 2 kickers.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:40 am 

you guys are idiots. Every post in this thread besides mine is dumber than the last.

IDPs? Anyone playing with IDPs shouldn't be allowed to vote, dress themselves or drive.

have fun with your kickers and defenses, I'll be over here with the people who actually play this game for a living laughing at you.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:41 am 

shakes wrote:
have fun with your kickers and defenses, I'll be over here with the people who actually play this game for a living laughing at you.

:lol: :lol: Playing fantasy football for a living? Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. You'll be the ones laughing at us. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:43 am 

shakes wrote:
Super Bowl bound!!

$500 on the line and a shot at only my second ever fantasy football championship and the first one where actual money was on the line :)

By the way, your "living" sucks, (one time in a free league) champ. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Keep doing what you're doing, Shakes. That $500 should go a looooooooooooong way.

Last edited by redskingreg on Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:44 am 

By the way, who the fuck plays in a free league? Can't imagine what those who "play fantasy football for a living" would have to say about that.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:47 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
redskingreg wrote:
shakes wrote:
Super Bowl bound!!

$500 on the line and a shot at only my second ever fantasy football championship and the first one where actual money was on the line :)

By the way, your "living" sucks, (one time in a free league) champ. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Keep doing what you're doing, Shakes. That $500 should go a looooooooooooong way.

ya, he's the middle school kid who was the 1st of his group of friends to get a handy by the school slut. All off sudden he's the female expert.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:02 pm 

shakes wrote:
you guys are idiots. Every post in this thread besides mine is dumber than the last.

IDPs? Anyone playing with IDPs shouldn't be allowed to vote, dress themselves or drive.

Admitting that you listen to fantasy football talk everyday was the low point of the thread.

Most fantasy "experts" just throw a ton of shit at the wall, and brag when a turd sticks.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:56 pm 

redskingreg wrote:
shakes wrote:

:lol: :lol: Playing fantasy football for a living? Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. You'll be the ones laughing at us. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You don't think there's people who play fantasy football for a living?

Wow, you are really behind in the times.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:59 pm 

Chus wrote:
shakes wrote:

Admitting that you listen to fantasy football talk everyday was the low point of the thread.

Most fantasy "experts" just throw a ton of shit at the wall, and brag when a turd sticks.

Fantasy sports on XM every morning on my way to work. Love it. When FF ends I switch it up to NHL or PGA.

And I'm not talking about experts, I'm talking about people who earn money PLAYING fantasy football, there are quite a few of them now. Daily fantasy is taking over the industry and some of those sites have started offering up games without kickers and defenses as well as leagues with two starting QBs.

Beats listening to fucking Bears talk on the Score like you neanderthals have to do.