It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:08 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Adrian Peterson Backup
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:16 pm 

I cannot imagine if Adrian is gone long term that they will go with Asiata. The pickup has to be Jerrick McKinnon, correct?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
good dolphin wrote:
I cannot imagine if Adrian is gone long term that they will go with Asiata. The pickup has to be Jerrick McKinnon, correct?

Asiata is a plodding non athletic RB. McKinnon clearly has more talent & upside. I grabbed both of them on a coupe of my teams.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Scorehead wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Asiata is a plodding non athletic RB. McKinnon clearly has more talent & upside. I grabbed both of them on a coupe of my teams.

If it is so clear, why is McKinnon third on the depth chart?

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:01 pm 
Much fun as it is to make fun of Scorehead dealing in absolutes, Devonta Freeman is also 3rd on the depth chart. When (I won't even say if) S Jax goes down, it won't be the Jaquiz Rodgers show.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:03 pm 

Baby McNown wrote:
Much fun as it is to make fun of Scorehead dealing in absolutes, Devonta Freeman is also 3rd on the depth chart. When (I won't even say if) S Jax goes down, it won't be the Jaquiz Rodgers show.

Rodgers has shown that he can't be the lead back. Asiata scored 3 TDs in week 17 last year.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:37 pm 

Chus wrote:
Scorehead wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

If it is so clear, why is McKinnon third on the depth chart?

Because he's a rookie & Asiata is a Viking veteran. There isn't a person in the world who has seen both play who would say that Asiata is the better RB. Google a scouting report on these guys & pretty much everyone has the same take on the situation.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:55 pm 

Here's a scouting report from Yahoo.

Jerick McKinnon's SPARQ score of 147.5 was one of the top scores among all running backs over the last 16 years.

Advice: As you can read in the Zach Whitman column linked below, SPARQ is a metric developed by Nike to apply a single composite score to a player's athleticism. An elite NFL athlete is around 140 and the 150+ range is reserved for the Calvin Johnson types. The point is that although McKinnon is very raw as he comes out of Georgia Southern and has very little pass pro experience, he's a freak. "Backs with McKinnon's speed, lower-body explosiveness and upper-body strength just don't exist," wrote Whitman. He'll be a change-of-pace back behind Matt Asiata to start, but his fantasy ceiling is far higher. McKinnon is a solid stash while we see where Adrian Peterson's case goes.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:41 am 

Yet the coaches who see them everyday have Asiata ahead of him on the depth chart.

The yahoo "experts" are wrong far more often than they are right. No wonder you are quoting them.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
this thread reads like a christine michael thread... best player ever.... yet cant move up the depth chart

i spent $22 FAAB on asiata... he was suitable last year. I doubt the rookie can pass pro so there is value with asiata IMO. probably will be a 2-1 ratio of carries in favor of asiata this week.

read a blurb peterson could be subject to the new violence policy... so i believe looking at 6 games minimum....

i dont doubt the rook is an athletic freak per the reports...

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:41 pm 

Scorehead wrote:
Because he's a rookie & Asiata is a Viking veteran.

McKinnon isn't starting because he is a rookie, and Asiata is a Viking veteran? He has barely gotten on the field in his three years in Minnesota. That's just an awful thought.

Is it possible that he can't pick up a blitz, and that's why he isn't starting? It's not just about speed at that position.

Scorehead wrote:
There isn't a person in the world who has seen both play who would say that Asiata is the better RB.

Except for the Minnesota coaches, who see him everyday.

Scorehead wrote:
Google a scouting report on these guys & pretty much everyone has the same take on the situation.

Bleacher Report says Asiata is the guy. Rotoworld says Asiata is the guy.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2197 ... and-beyond

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6958/matt-asiata

Quote:
ESPN Vikings reporter Ben Goessling says Jerick McKinnon "could get some carries too, but Asiata figures to get the majority of the work." It's not a surprise, as the plodding yet reliable Asiata ran ahead of the third-round rookie for the entire preseason. Asiata also started two games last season (for the old regime), totaling 44 carries for 166 yards and a flukish three touchdowns along with five catches for 13 yards. If you need a plug-n-play for this week, he's your man. If you want to stash a true freak athlete who might eventually get a big chance, McKinnon is the add.

McKinnon may very well be the better back eventually, but he is not CLEARLY the guy now. That is absolutely false, no matter what a yahoo scouting report says. This is a prime example of Scoreheading.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:41 am 

Chus wrote:
Scorehead wrote:
Because he's a rookie & Asiata is a Viking veteran.

McKinnon isn't starting because he is a rookie, and Asiata is a Viking veteran? He has barely gotten on the field in his three years in Minnesota. That's just an awful thought.

Is it possible that he can't pick up a blitz, and that's why he isn't starting? It's not just about speed at that position.

Scorehead wrote:
There isn't a person in the world who has seen both play who would say that Asiata is the better RB.

Except for the Minnesota coaches, who see him everyday.

Scorehead wrote:
Google a scouting report on these guys & pretty much everyone has the same take on the situation.

Bleacher Report says Asiata is the guy. Rotoworld says Asiata is the guy.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2197 ... and-beyond

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6958/matt-asiata

Quote:
ESPN Vikings reporter Ben Goessling says Jerick McKinnon "could get some carries too, but Asiata figures to get the majority of the work." It's not a surprise, as the plodding yet reliable Asiata ran ahead of the third-round rookie for the entire preseason. Asiata also started two games last season (for the old regime), totaling 44 carries for 166 yards and a flukish three touchdowns along with five catches for 13 yards. If you need a plug-n-play for this week, he's your man. If you want to stash a true freak athlete who might eventually get a big chance, McKinnon is the add.

McKinnon may very well be the better back eventually, but he is not CLEARLY the guy now. That is absolutely false, no matter what a yahoo scouting report says. This is a prime example of Scoreheading.

Look...I am starting Asiata in 2 leagues this week. He will be given the opportunity to be the #1 RB in Minny, but I am of the opinion that if AP is done for the year, McKinnon will become the #1 RB in Minny by week 8 . In the meantime, I am hoping that Asiata tears it up.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Early returns indicating Asiata is the man.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:22 pm 

Looks like I guessed wrong.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:12 pm 

Pretty good day for Asiata. He should help lead 2 of my teams to victory today. I still have McKinnon stashed on the bench for a few weeks from now.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:13 pm 

Scorehead, your guy is getting some carries.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:15 pm 

Chus wrote:

My guy is Asiata but McKinnon has more upside and a higher ceiling.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:11 pm 

Scorehead wrote:
Chus wrote:

I thought McKinnon was your guy?

Scorehead wrote:

<º)))><

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:24 pm 

Chus wrote:
Scorehead wrote:
Chus wrote:

Scorehead wrote:

I have Asiata on 2 fantasy teams. I picked up and started Eddie Royal on the same 2 teams.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
Scorehead wrote:
Chus wrote:
Scorehead wrote:
Chus wrote:

Scorehead wrote:

I have Asiata on 2 fantasy teams. I picked up and started Eddie Royal on the same 2 teams.

Did not happen.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
I've been wasting a roster spot stashing McKinnon until the dumbass HC Zimmer finally recognized Asiata sucked ass.

Just when I thought I weathered the storm and was going to experience daylight I get kicked in the dick with:
1. Zimmer giving Asiata 3 goal line opportunities & subsequent TDS when McKinnon did all the work
2. Peterson buying his way out of being thrown in jail

I'm confident Peterson plays. No doubt. I've put in a waiver claim but I'm middle of the pack so I doubt I'll be able to roster him. Gosh, Zimmer is such a dickhead.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:29 pm 

I picked up AP in a league that has no waivers.

I put a claim in for him in another, but it is second priority. I need Mohamed Sanu much more than I need to stash a running back, who may, or may not play.

<º)))><