It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:48 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 261 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:02 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Great drama on television last night. 3 man playoff with guys having a chance to sew up victory on the first two playoff holes. Spieth draining an almost
30 ft putt to clinch it. I actually thought that bunker shot by Patrick Reed was one of the best bunker shots I have seen. His first bunker shot out of the
lip and his chip on #2 were amazing as well. I have never been a big fan of Reed but those were some impressive shots.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:06 am 

T-Bone wrote:
Great drama on television last night. 3 man playoff with guys having a chance to sew up victory on the first two playoff holes. Spieth draining an almost
30 ft putt to clinch it. I actually thought that bunker shot by Patrick Reed was one of the best bunker shots I have seen. His first bunker shot out of the
lip and his chip on #2 were amazing as well. I have never been a big fan of Reed but those were some impressive shots.

It was very good, glad to see Speith win, but my goodness he struggled hitting fairways yesterday and really struggles when having to hit a left to right shot. He is a happy guy that Augusta is designed the way it is. His short game yesterday was ridiculously good yesterday also.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:21 am 

pizza_Place: Dino's
Not being able to hit a cut did Reed in.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:25 am 

Furious Styles wrote:

I want to hit the ball as low as Reed does off the tee.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:28 am 

T-Bone wrote:
Furious Styles wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:30 am 

Hawg Ass wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
Furious Styles wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:cry:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:57 am 

pizza_Place: Dino's
T-Bone wrote:
Furious Styles wrote:

It's pretty crazy to see his ball flight off the tee on the TV tracker.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:58 am 

Reed doesn't care about winning, he can just steal the trophy out of Spieth's locker later this week

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:33 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Agreed, that playoff and the events leading up to it were really enjoyable to watch.

Somebody needs to teach Ryan Moore how to putt.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:15 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Watson withdraws last minute and it screws me in the Yahoo setup. I change to my backup but it seems I will get no score for today.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:21 am 

pittmike wrote:
Watson withdraws last minute and it screws me in the Yahoo setup. I change to my backup but it seems I will get no score for today.

I saw that when I got home yesterday. That sucks but it has probably happened to everyone at some point.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:30 am 

Withdrawing to go to a funeral of a childhood friend is way better than withdrawing for seasonal allergies like Vaughn Taylor did seemingly every other week a couple of years ago.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:38 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Yeah. I am not getting on Bubba I am getting on Yahoo.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
How about Furyk withdrawing because he brushed his teeth wrong and hurt his neck?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:21 am 

Pretty low scoring yesterday, I wasn't able to watch any of it but I suspect there will be a bit more today and then things will tighten up over the weekend
as it should.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 1:00 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Going with Bubba, Day, Spieth, and Keegan Bradley this week. Got Rory, Snedeker, Fowler, and Reed on the bench. I think Bubba or Day is going to take it, but if Snedeker gets hot with the flat stick he could make some noise, and it seems like Spieth is at or near the top of the leaderboard almost every weekend now.

I am also looking forward to hearing Jim Nance say "Fred Couples is making a run" at some point on Friday or Saturday as well. That is kind of like an annual thing at Augusta

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 1:08 pm 

Already looking forward to the Wednesday par 3 contest.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:46 am 

Should be some pretty low scoring this week, I'd expect in the low 20s under par if the weather is decent. Not the strongest
field for this one but there should be some big names near the top of the leader board with DJ and Jason Day among the
superstars. I'll be watching and rooting for Stricker to continue his comeback.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:16 am 

WGC Match Play this week so should be fun to see something different. New format this year as well which is kinda interesting.

TPC Harding Park in San Francisco hosts the usual field of 64, but they are segregated into 16 groups of four. Each golfer gets three matches, one each against the others in his group. Overall records will determine who advances to the round of 16, which begins the traditional knockout phase on the weekend. So, the man hoisting the Walter Hagen Cup will have played seven matches, one more than the old format.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:18 am 

T-Bone wrote:
WGC Match Play this week so should be fun to see something different. New format this year as well which is kinda interesting.

TPC Harding Park in San Francisco hosts the usual field of 64, but they are segregated into 16 groups of four. Each golfer gets three matches, one each against the others in his group. Overall records will determine who advances to the round of 16, which begins the traditional knockout phase on the weekend. So, the man hoisting the Walter Hagen Cup will have played seven matches, one more than the old format.

I knew there was a format change, but hadn't heard how it was going to work, thanks for posting. How were the groups chosen, just off of world rankings?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:25 am 

Hawg Ass wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

I knew there was a format change, but hadn't heard how it was going to work, thanks for posting. How were the groups chosen, just off of world rankings?

This is the first year that the WGC-Cadillac Match Play will open with a pool format. Soccer’s World Cup may be the closest comparison. The Cadillac’s 64-man field is divided into 16 four-man pools, with each one headed by one of the top 16 players in the Official World Golf Ranking. The other three members were randomly drawn, with one apiece coming from the Nos. 17-32 seeds, Nos. 33-48 and Nos. 49-64.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:42 am 

T-Bone wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

This is the first year that the WGC-Cadillac Match Play will open with a pool format. Soccer’s World Cup may be the closest comparison. The Cadillac’s 64-man field is divided into 16 four-man pools, with each one headed by one of the top 16 players in the Official World Golf Ranking. The other three members were randomly drawn, with one apiece coming from the Nos. 17-32 seeds, Nos. 33-48 and Nos. 49-64.

That is pretty damn cool, but I still don't like having this the week before the Player's and having it across country.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 8:37 am 

Found this interesting enough to post below...

Two of the PGA Tour's sartorial stalwarts are considered by their peers to be the most overrated.

A Sports Illustrated anonymous survey of PGA Tour players recently found that Rickie Fowler and Ian Poulter are considered to get too much hype given their perceived talent level. Both Fowler and Poulter received 24 percent of votes on the question of which player is most overrated on the PGA Tour.

The 26-year-old Fowler has just one PGA Tour win, a playoff victory over Rory McIlroy and D.A. Points in the 2012 Wells Fargo Championship. However, he became just the third player (Tiger Woods, Jack Nicklaus) in golf history to finish in the top five in all four majors in a season. Then again, he was also the first player to accomplish the feat without winning one of the majors.

Poulter hasn't won on the PGA Tour since 2012 either. He lost control of The Honda Classic in March, paving the way for a surprising Padraig Harrington win. He has eight top-10 major finishes, but some have been considered "back door" in that the 39-year-old Englishman made his charge on Sunday from well back of the lead.

Two-time Masters winner Bubba Watson came in third at 12 percent. Hunter Mahan was in fourth with 8 percent. Given the Golf Boys' representation in the survey, it's somewhat surprising Ben Crane, despite winning five times on the PGA Tour, didn't get fifth place.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 8:46 am 

T-Bone wrote:
Found this interesting enough to post below...

Two of the PGA Tour's sartorial stalwarts are considered by their peers to be the most overrated.

A Sports Illustrated anonymous survey of PGA Tour players recently found that Rickie Fowler and Ian Poulter are considered to get too much hype given their perceived talent level. Both Fowler and Poulter received 24 percent of votes on the question of which player is most overrated on the PGA Tour.

The 26-year-old Fowler has just one PGA Tour win, a playoff victory over Rory McIlroy and D.A. Points in the 2012 Wells Fargo Championship. However, he became just the third player (Tiger Woods, Jack Nicklaus) in golf history to finish in the top five in all four majors in a season. Then again, he was also the first player to accomplish the feat without winning one of the majors.

Poulter hasn't won on the PGA Tour since 2012 either. He lost control of The Honda Classic in March, paving the way for a surprising Padraig Harrington win. He has eight top-10 major finishes, but some have been considered "back door" in that the 39-year-old Englishman made his charge on Sunday from well back of the lead.

Two-time Masters winner Bubba Watson came in third at 12 percent. Hunter Mahan was in fourth with 8 percent. Given the Golf Boys' representation in the survey, it's somewhat surprising Ben Crane, despite winning five times on the PGA Tour, didn't get fifth place.

Apparently there is more of that survey coming out this week by S.I.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 10:46 am 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
T-Bone wrote:
Two-time Masters winner Bubba Watson came in third at 12 percent.

That's just dumb. The guy has two majors. The list of current players with multiple majors is short. He loses control of his emotions at times, but when he is on, he is as good as anybody.

The correct answer is Sergio Garcia. He always falls apart when the chips are on the table.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 10:49 am 

Chus wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
Two-time Masters winner Bubba Watson came in third at 12 percent.

That's just dumb. The guy has two majors. The list of current players with multiple majors is short. He loses control of his emotions at times, but when he is on, he is as good as anybody.

The correct answer is Sergio Garcia. He always falls apart when the chips are on the table.

I agree, when I saw this yesterday and saw Bubba, I couldn't believe it. I think the players just hate on Bubba for any reason now.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 11:13 am 

Here are the current PGA Tour golfers with multiple majors. I can't stand Bubba, but to suggest that he is over-rated, is ludicrous.

Tiger 14
Phil 5
McIlroy 4
Els 4
Harrington 3
Bubba 2
Cabrera 2
Goosen 2
Kaymer 2
Daly 2

<º)))><

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 10:00 am 

Anyone else see this last weekend? I found it quite interesting....

Keegan Bradley concedes that Miguel Angel Jimenez got the better of him during their ugly fracas last week in San Francisco, but vigorously denies that his caddie goaded his Match Play opponent into the fray by mocking his Spanish accent.

"I got schooled by a great gamer," Bradley told Golf Channel’s Todd Lewis earlier this week from TPC Sawgrass, where he’ll contend in The Players Championship come Thursday. "I let him get under my skin."

The 2011 PGA champion referred to an incident that began simmering on the 13th hole Friday in the new-look Match Play and boiled over into a near-fist fight on the 18th. Both players were already eliminated from weekend play and were going around Harding Park for a few world ranking points, but the competition was clearly not inconsequential for either.

On No. 13, Jimenez eventually conceded the hole to Bradley, but not before asking for two rulings and then dropping his ball. Five holes later, the Spaniard took issue with a drop that an official OK'd for his playing partner, after Bradley yanked a drive left of the fairway and over a fence considered a temporarily immovable obstruction.

Jimenez sauntered over to the scene and objected to official Russell Swanson’s ruling that Bradley could take two drops, one from the fence and the other off a cart path.

The episode escalated from there and was left unsettled as both golfers left the property.

Fast forward to this week and the excitable Bradley’s emotions had abated. He was not quite ready to let things go but contended he had come away from the imbroglio a wiser man.

"I was trying to get a ruling on 18 with an official and I kind of fell for his distraction," said Bradley, who will likely run into his nemesis a few times before the season’s over. "Honestly, it’s genius on his part. I noticed now what I did wrong and I’ll use it next time."

About that next time? Bradley was clearly consumed by whether he would suck it up and try to clear the air.

"I’ve been thinking a lot about that," he said. "I haven’t got that far along. I see him four or five times a year. It’s going to be interesting. As of right now, I’ll have to think about it. … I’m sure it’s not a big deal."

As for suggestions that his looper, Steve "Pepsi" Hale, egged on Jimenez -- who told the caddie to "shut up" -- by imitating his speech and accent, Bradley adamantly stood by his man.

"That’s 100 percent false," he said. "I spoke to (Pepsi) man-to-man and … he absolutely, vehemently denies doing that."

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 10:01 am 

Yep and he is full of shit about his caddy.

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 10:14 am 

Hawg Ass wrote:
Yep and he is full of shit about his caddy.

There was a whole lot of wrong in that situation. Jimenez should not have gotten involved. The rule official was there. The caddy shouldn't have spoken up, and Bradley should have a doctor check his medication levels. That guy isn't right.

I still can't believe he won a major.

<º)))><

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 261 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next