It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:36 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: kicker strategy
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:05 pm 

$500 to the winner of the league?

I'm sure there was a waitress thrilled to work your draft.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
PGA talk! :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
shakes wrote:
redskingreg wrote:
shakes wrote:
have fun with your kickers and defenses, I'll be over here with the people who actually play this game for a living laughing at you.

:lol: :lol: Playing fantasy football for a living? Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. You'll be the ones laughing at us. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You don't think there's people who play fantasy football for a living?

Wow, you are really behind in the times.

I'm sure there are. I'm even more confident that you aren't one of them.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
redskingreg wrote:
shakes wrote:
redskingreg wrote:
shakes wrote:
have fun with your kickers and defenses, I'll be over here with the people who actually play this game for a living laughing at you.

:lol: :lol: Playing fantasy football for a living? Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. You'll be the ones laughing at us. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You don't think there's people who play fantasy football for a living?

Wow, you are really behind in the times.

I'm sure there are. I'm even more confident that you aren't one of them.

Are you sure? He listens to fantasy football radio. He's an expert

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:20 pm 

Shakes, to quote the great Jim Calhoun, "my best advice for would be...shut up." The more you spew here, the dumber you're sounding. Though, I do give you some credit. I haven't laughed this hard at something CSFMB-related in a long time. Can't tell if you're serious with all this stuff.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:22 pm 

shakes wrote:
Drafted last night in my 10 team PPR lawyer league. Having never drafted above #8 that didn't change this year when I got #9. Don't really follow NFL anymore and did zero research other than watching the first episode of Hard Knocks. So, how bad is this....

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
good dolphin wrote:

no waitress service at in the conference room at my friend's law firm, but there was free pizza and beer.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:35 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
shakes wrote:
Drafted last night in my 10 team PPR lawyer league. Having never drafted above #8 that didn't change this year when I got #9. Don't really follow NFL anymore and did zero research other than watching the first episode of Hard Knocks. So, how bad is this....

and yet here I am in the Super Bowl.

I should probably be in the commercial for fantasy sports radio.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:36 pm 

redskingreg wrote:
Shakes, to quote the great Jim Calhoun, "my best advice for would be...shut up." The more you spew here, the dumber you're sounding. Though, I do give you some credit. I haven't laughed this hard at something CSFMB-related in a long time. Can't tell if you're serious with all this stuff.

I feel the same way about you and the other morons posting in this thread...except the laughter part, I don't think downs syndrome is funny.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:37 pm 

They must let anyone be a lawyer. Between Trestman, shakes, and his terrible fantasy football lawyer friends I think I'll represent myself in any legal matters going forward.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:50 pm 

Shakes is a lawyer? God help me if I ever need one. :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
shakes wrote:

Fantasy sports on XM every morning on my way to work. Love it. When FF ends I switch it up to NHL or PGA.

I have Sirius. I choose to listen to commercial free music, not fantasy talk. I enjoy playing fantasy sports, but I just can't sit and listen to dorks talking about them all day. I know who is good, and who isn't. I know who has a good matchup, and who doesn't. I can read a weather map, and see which games might be affected by the weather. I can read injury reports and depth charts.

shakes wrote:
And I'm not talking about experts, I'm talking about people who earn money PLAYING fantasy football, there are quite a few of them now.

Same thing. We are both talking about people who make their living from fantasy football.

shakes wrote:
Daily fantasy is taking over the industry and some of those sites have started offering up games without kickers and defenses as well as leagues with two starting QBs.

And the majority of leagues employ kickers, defenses, and 1 QB. It's just a matter of preference. There are tons of leagues set up in many different ways. Proclaiming that no kickers and 2 QBs is far superior is sillier than listening to fantasy talk on the radio everyday.

shakes wrote:
Beats listening to fucking Bears talk on the Score like you neanderthals have to do.

I listen to far more music, than I do the Score.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:42 pm 

Chus wrote:
I have Sirius. I choose to listen to commercial free music, not fantasy talk. I enjoy playing fantasy sports, but I just can't sit and listen to dorks talking about them all day. I know who is good, and who isn't. I know who has a good matchup, and who doesn't. I can read a weather map, and see which games might be affected by the weather. I can read injury reports and depth charts.

I listen to music on the way home from work, but on the way in I prefer sports talk and when it comes to sports talk I prefer fantasy sports talk to real sports talk. Real sports talk no longer interests me for the most part except for NHL and PGA talk on occasion.

Find it interesting to hear the experts talk about strategy for daily fantasy tournaments vs cash games as well as evaluating trades and waiver pick ups etc.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:08 pm 

shakes wrote:
Chus wrote:

I listen to music on the way home from work, but on the way in I prefer sports talk and when it comes to sports talk I prefer fantasy sports talk to real sports talk. Real sports talk no longer interests me for the most part except for NHL and PGA talk on occasion.

Find it interesting to hear the experts talk about strategy for daily fantasy tournaments vs cash games as well as evaluating trades and waiver pick ups etc.

I'm king in my daily Tuesday fantasy football tournament.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
you are probably better off being a poker player for a living than a fantasy football player. in std leagues fantasy football is 50% luck 50% skill.... dailies are obviously more skill based but still a lot of luck involved there... i cant imagine there are a high percentage of daily players who are doing that for a living. are you one of the dopes on fan duel commercials making serious $$?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:13 pm 

pga isn't real sports talk

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
shakes wrote:
you guys are idiots. Every post in this thread besides mine is dumber than the last.

IDPs? Anyone playing with IDPs shouldn't be allowed to vote, dress themselves or drive.

for someone who thinks they are playing in the pros.... your original kicker strategy thought is rather simplistic.... if it actually increased chances of winning to start kickers in that manner and it was a viable strategy it would have made it mainstream by now.

Last edited by billypootons on Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:15 pm 

shakes wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

no waitress service at in the conference room at my friend's law firm, but there was free pizza and beer.

What was the buy in?

$500 is really a small amount for the winner of a league composed of 10 gainfully employed people.

I play in a league with some lawyers but majority cops and the 2nd place prize is more than $500.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:00 pm 

billypootons wrote:
for someone who thinks they are playing in the pros.... your original kicker strategy thought is rather simplistic.... if it actually increased chances of winning to start kickers in that manner and it was a viable strategy it would have made it mainstream by now.

When did I ever say I was playing in the pros? I said I like listening to those guys. I play in one money league for $50, don't play on any daily sites, don't do a single minute of research, but I enjoy listening to fantasy sports talk on my drive to work.

I've never heard anyone mention my kicker strategy on the radio, but like I said I only listen 45 minutes a day 5 days a week. I'm sure someone else has thought of it, that's why I asked if anyone did anything like that. I think its a pretty solid strategy when comparing similar kickers, not sure if its viable as an every situation play. Only "invented" it a week or two ago.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:05 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
shakes wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

What was the buy in?

$500 is really a small amount for the winner of a league composed of 10 gainfully employed people.

I play in a league with some lawyers but majority cops and the 2nd place prize is more than $500.

$50.

We voted on raising it to $100, but $50 won easily. I voted for $50. I have no interest in gambling for stakes higher than that. Never been into gambling.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:15 pm 

billypootons wrote:
you are probably better off being a poker player for a living than a fantasy football player. in std leagues fantasy football is 50% luck 50% skill.... dailies are obviously more skill based but still a lot of luck involved there... i cant imagine there are a high percentage of daily players who are doing that for a living. are you one of the dopes on fan duel commercials making serious $$?

funny, you mention poker players and a few of the guys I listen to have backgrounds in poker. I love poker, love hearing pros talk about it and analyze and these guys are always making poker analogies when explaining decisions and decision making processes, lots of talk about variance and other poker analytical terms. I find that stuff fascinating.

But no, I don't play on fanduel or any of those other sites. Might do it next year for really low stakes just to see if its fun. The guys on the radio spend more time talking about daily than they do about season fantasy. They're of the opinion that daily is the future of fantasy and season is getting less and less important.

They are always talking about the $1,000,000 weekly tournament and strategies...the other day they had a guy on who went through all the entries of the 50 people who had the most multiple entries and figured out how many cashes they had and basically figured out what if any advantage gthey had vs the guy who only puts in a couple entries. I don't plan to ever be in that tournament but I was interested by the discussion.

Last week's $1,000,000 winner is a writer on FF and a co-worker of a couple of the guys on the radio. That's some big money.

They've also had on a few of the million dollar winners this year and they've discussed their strategies for putting their lineups together. People always say that they hate hearing about other people's fantasy teams, but I'd much rather listen to that then hearing someone complain about how much Cutler and the Bears coach suck. That does nothing for me.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
shakes wrote:
People always say that they hate hearing about other people's fantasy teams, but I'd much rather listen to that then hearing someone complain about how much Cutler and the Bears coach suck. That does nothing for me.

Fantasy football talk and WSCR are not your only options.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa John's
redskingreg wrote:
Chus wrote:
billypootons wrote:
Chus wrote:
I play a kicker who is playing inside, or in a warm city with little wind.

Greg Zuerlein is a great kicker for fantasy. He has a strong leg, he plays indoors 8 times per year, and his team struggles to put the ball in the end zone. He is relatively unknown, so you can usually get him in the last round of the draft.

he's 23rd in season points in my league

Okay. But, you get him in the last round, while others waste mid round picks on Gostkowski and Vinatieri.

Who in the fuck spends mid-round picks on kickers? Seriously? It's the last round or two at best.

I planned to change my kicker matchup based last fantasy season. Didnt even draft one at all, got Cody Parkey, the Eagles kicker, on waivers for week 1 and ended playing him every week after that. He finished 2nd or 3rd among all kickers, not far behind Gostkowski and Vinatieri, who got drafted in 10th round in our league. It was so pleasent to have these kicker decisions every single week. I would definitly take a great kicker(top3) if they are available in 12th round.
About the guy who said he is making a living with fantasysports. Do you talk about this Daily Fantasy Sports stuff? How much time do you have to invest to consistantly profit with this?