It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:38 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:25 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
so yeah my storied league "fear and loathing in #hardball" has managed to sufficently unfuck itself and now it's back in business, and per usual we end up with something like 4-5/12 teams not returning every year which gives me the dreaded task of whoring the league out on IRC and here cuz we gotta get some teams.

if you join the league you'd have to take over a non-returning team and grab 8 keepers (and i've got a list of the teams and the players here) and it's first come first serve on that, and while that prospect is perhaps a bit daunting i can tell you that it's not that big of a deal once you get over the fact that you're not gonna start off with mike trout, clayton kershaw, or babe fucking bryant, and even the crap teams have at least 5 players definitely worth keeping and etc.

from the board over the years we've had nas, chus, JORR, and others join up so it wont just be me and my IRC buddies.... but from IRC we do have the mighty fandango who i referenced in the topic cuz this guy wins every fucking year i have the league. hell in 2013 i was up ~30-35 points in mid-late july and this cat never gave up and kept on scooping up points and closing down the lead and he managed to tie me on the last day of the season so i was 2013 co-champs and he was technically still undefeated.

call it a hunch that nas won't return (more of a "he never really played that hard in my league" thing as opposed to a "fuck sini" thing) and chus has babe bryant, but other than that.... yeah it's a good solid roto league that i'm working on building up to the equivalent of nas' phenomenally awesome H2H league, tho we're still 12 teams and 8 keepers as opposed to nas' 20 teams and 12 keepers.

so yeah if anyone is up for the challenge and wants to play in a league where at least half of it is really good and gives a shit and plays til the end of the year, hit me up via PM or even here with an e-mail address and i'll send you an invite. we'll figure out the team you can take over from there, and yeah, with these keepers even if you dont win this year you can set yourself up for next year and such is the awesomeness of keeper-infused fantasy baseball.