It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:59 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Keeper Help
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:19 am 

pizza_Place: Piece Pizza and Brewery
12 Team League. 5 Keepers Max, each keeper forfeits your draft pick in that round.

So far, I'm keeping:
1)Sale
2)Harper
3)Bryant

Hemming and hawing about Freedie Freeman. He's clearly not in the top echelon of 1B, but young and solidly in the top 3rd?

Post subject: Re: Keeper Help
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:25 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
Northside_Dan wrote:
12 Team League. 5 Keepers Max, each keeper forfeits your draft pick in that round.

So far, I'm keeping:
1)Sale
2)Harper
3)Bryant

Hemming and hawing about Freedie Freeman. He's clearly not in the top echelon of 1B, but young and solidly in the top 3rd?

everyone and their mom assumes that freddie freeman is going to go back to ~25HRs, even tho off the top of my head i wanna say his career high is 24? you can do a lot worse than freddie freeman, but i dont know if he has legit upside beyond a guy in that ~17-25HR range and should be doing 80-110 RBIs and hitting .275+ and getting runs and etc etc.... it depends if you value the consistency of knowing you're not going to have trash at 1B or perhaps if you've got the stones to think you can let go of a sure thing and get someone with less of a ballyhooed-name / track-record and maybe get better performance than freeman (who was like #70-75 overall in yahoo last year)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:39 am 

Pretty much my thoughts exactly. I can't see who other people are keeping until an hour before the draft, but assuming the Abreu, Miggy, Rizzo, Goldy combo's are going to be held. Freeman is somewhere in that pack of the next 4-5. I guess do I think he would be worth a 4th round pick?

Maybe?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:44 am 

Northside_Dan wrote:
Pretty much my thoughts exactly. I can't see who other people are keeping until an hour before the draft, but assuming the Abreu, Miggy, Rizzo, Goldy combo's are going to be held. Freeman is somewhere in that pack of the next 4-5. I guess do I think he would be worth a 4th round pick?

Maybe?

for what it's worth first base is just about the deepest position in the game that isn't the outfield, and that's only cuz there's 3x as many outfielders playing as there are 1Bmen (soon to be 1Bppl "and that's the kind of thing you'd hear on late night with david letterperson!" -george carlin)

personally man while double F could come good and hang in that 25-35 territory idk if he'd be the be-all/end-all for my keeperdom. you have babe bryant FFS and IIIIII PREDICT...... you will be properly sick of that joke bryce harper and his #NATITUDE!!!! and 50 commercials after this year. call it a hunch.

SIGNED,

A PROUD EXPOS FAN

p.s. let freddie freeman go. live a little. you could get another pitcher to back up sale when he goes down at some point (it's pitching dude, not sale) and have that 50/50 split i always aim for with keepers.

Last edited by sinicalypse on Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:44 am 

Northside_Dan wrote:

Maybe?

I would say yes he is, I just had my draft and I was amazed at the total lack of good depth at this position.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:48 am 

Hawg Ass wrote:
I would say yes he is, I just had my draft and I was amazed at the total lack of good depth at this position.

HAHAHAHHAHALAHFDLFH;DHDSHVGALSFHGVAS WHOOOOOAAAA HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAOIADFH;LHDVF;NHBVKFJSVB DFA DFV I AM LITERALLY GOING HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA OVER HERE!!!!!!!

dude humor me for a second... where did lucas duda (30HR/90RBI ~#70overall in yahoo with pitchers) go in your draft.... and there's a lack of good depth there? did he get drafted? A LACK OF GOOD DEPTH AT 1B?!?!?! oh my god dude are you living up to blackalicious' 40oz for breakfast and you mixed up 1B and 3B? i'm sorry dude i just started laughing maniacally when i read that cuz man.... man.... that's pretty much crap.

freddie freeman REGRESSED last year. that's scary.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:50 am 

sinicalypse wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:

HAHAHAHHAHALAHFDLFH;DHDSHVGALSFHGVAS WHOOOOOAAAA HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAOIADFH;LHDVF;NHBVKFJSVB DFA DFV I AM LITERALLY GOING HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA OVER HERE!!!!!!!

dude humor me for a second... where did lucas duda (30HR/90RBI ~#70overall in yahoo with pitchers) go in your draft.... and there's a lack of good depth there? did he get drafted? A LACK OF GOOD DEPTH AT 1B?!?!?! oh my god dude are you living up to blackalicious' 40oz for breakfast and you mixed up 1B and 3B? i'm sorry dude i just started laughing maniacally when i read that cuz man.... man.... that's pretty much crap.

Ok thanks

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:03 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Hawg Ass wrote:
sinicalypse wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:

Ok thanks

duh, Hawg. everyone knew that.

:D

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:06 am 

Hawg Ass wrote:
Ok thanks

i'm trying to help this guy dude. i was on the board last march/april telling everyone here that the cubs should go trade for corey dickerson cuz the kid can hit in fact ALL HE DOES IS HIT WITH A ~.900+ OPS WHEREVER HE IS and the rockies really didnt want to give him any at bats last season until they were forced to, and i believe he ended up top-40 overall in fantasy baseball in ~400 at bats.

and man... dude. first base is a position where unless you can get some super fk'n ELITE numbers from a guy at 1B you dont take/keep him in the first 5 rounds. honestly i'd rather get/keep taijuan walker than keep freddie freeman right now STRAIGHT UP, let alone in the first 5 rounds.

anybody been watching taijuan walker this spring? he pitched against the cubs in a night game on CSN... did anybody watch? i'd want him on my team over freddie freeman.

but hey man what do i know? just listen to hawger here and i'm wrong "just because" --- mm-hmm.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:11 am 

sinicalypse wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
Ok thanks

i'm trying to help this guy dude. i was on the board last march/april telling everyone here that the cubs should go trade for corey dickerson cuz the kid can hit in fact ALL HE DOES IS HIT WITH A ~.900+ OPS WHEREVER HE IS and the rockies really didnt want to give him any at bats last season until they were forced to, and i believe he ended up top-40 overall in fantasy baseball in ~400 at bats.

and man... dude. first base is a position where unless you can get some super fk'n ELITE numbers from a guy at 1B you dont take/keep him in the first 5 rounds. honestly i'd rather get/keep taijuan walker than keep freddie freeman right now STRAIGHT UP, let alone in the first 5 rounds.

anybody been watching taijuan walker this spring? he pitched against the cubs in a night game on CSN... did anybody watch? i'd want him on my team over freddie freeman.

but hey man what do i know? just listen to hawger here and i'm wrong "just because" --- mm-hmm.

Ok thanks

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:14 am 

Hawg Ass wrote:
Ok thanks

this is why all the REALLY. SMART. PEOPLE. on the board don't like you, btw.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:15 am 

sinicalypse wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
Ok thanks

this is why all the REALLY. SMART. PEOPLE. on the board don't like you, btw.

Ok thanks

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:28 am 

Hawg Ass wrote:
Ok thanks

OK EVERYONE LET'S ACKNOWLEDGE PIG DUDE HERE AND RIDE IT OUT ON AN APROPOS SYMBOLIC SONG

and hey ND, sorry about all the tangent here like i said man add a third F and say Fuck Freddie Freeman and get a pitcher with that higher pick. shock the rest of the league and take taijuan walker that early and i bet you there's no less than a 66-75% chance you'll be saying THANK YOU SINI in a year or two.

as one guy in my winners league draft told me this year "DUDE WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING? TAIJUAN WALKER IS SUPPOSED TO BE A LATE ROUND PICK!!!" meaning he was pissed that i took taijuan walker off of the board when he was clearly looking to exploit that 400something yahoo o-ranking and getting a potentially great pitcher for dirt cheap. taijuan walker is why the mariners traded michael pineda, who yes we all know has injury problems but when he's on the mound that motherfucker can pitch. he's been really really nice this spring too... JUST SAY NO TO PINE TAR MICHAEL!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:30 am 

You've swayed me. Not keeping him. Sale, Harper, Bryant is all. Walker already added to my watchlist.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:32 am 

sinicalypse wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
Ok thanks

OK EVERYONE LET'S ACKNOWLEDGE PIG DUDE HERE AND RIDE IT OUT ON AN APROPOS SYMBOLIC SONG

and hey ND, sorry about all the tangent here like i said man add a third F and say Fuck Freddie Freeman and get a pitcher with that higher pick. shock the rest of the league and take taijuan walker that early and i bet you there's no less than a 66-75% chance you'll be saying THANK YOU SINI in a year or two.

as one guy in my winners league draft told me this year "DUDE WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING? TAIJUAN WALKER IS SUPPOSED TO BE A LATE ROUND PICK!!!" meaning he was pissed that i took taijuan walker off of the board when he was clearly looking to exploit that 400something yahoo o-ranking and getting a potentially great pitcher for dirt cheap. taijuan walker is why the mariners traded michael pineda, who yes we all know has injury problems but when he's on the mound that motherfucker can pitch. he's been really really nice this spring too... JUST SAY NO TO PINE TAR MICHAEL!

Ok thanks

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:37 am 

Hawg Ass wrote:
Ok thanks

i mean this in the nicest way possible but go back to work dude. seriously just think of the productive things you could be doing to help your company that you're not doing by messing with me.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:38 am 

sinicalypse wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
Ok thanks

i mean this in the nicest way possible but go back to work dude. seriously just think of the productive things you could be doing to help your company that you're not doing by messing with me.

Ok thanks

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:41 am 

Hawg Ass wrote:
Ok thanks

Quixotism (/kwɪkˈsɒtɪzəm/ or /kiːˈhoʊtɪzəm/) (adj. quixotic) is impracticality in pursuit of ideals, especially those ideals manifested by rash, lofty and romantic ideas or extravagantly chivalrous action.[1] It also serves to describe an idealism without regard to practicality. An impulsive person or act might be regarded as quixotic.

i have all day to do this.... do you?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:43 am 

sinicalypse wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
Ok thanks

Quixotism (/kwɪkˈsɒtɪzəm/ or /kiːˈhoʊtɪzəm/) (adj. quixotic) is impracticality in pursuit of ideals, especially those ideals manifested by rash, lofty and romantic ideas or extravagantly chivalrous action.[1] It also serves to describe an idealism without regard to practicality. An impulsive person or act might be regarded as quixotic.

i have all day to do this.... do you?

Ok thanks

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:46 am 

Hawg Ass wrote:
Ok thanks

ok then let's crank up some apropos thread music (and of course it's the superior version from the peel session. duh) and get this going hawger. so no matter what i say i'm going to be thanked? cool.

hey northside dan if you're sitll here don't forget taht almost nobody is drafting bobby parnell and he's going to be the mets closer within the first 2-4 weeks of the season. jenrrys mejia sucks. a lot of people arent noticing that dellin betances has been shit this spring and i'm pretty damn sure andrew miller starts as closer, so if you see miller there circa round 15+ when you're down to joe-nathan-level-bad closers know that andrew miller might take the gig and run with it, and i've taken bobby parnell in the last round of 3 live drafts this year (mocking everyone of this via the chats)

ALSO I JUST WANNA SAY THAT ADOLF HITLER LITERALLY DID NOTHING WRONG!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:50 am 

sinicalypse wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
Ok thanks

ok then let's crank up some apropos thread music (and of course it's the superior version from the peel session. duh) and get this going hawger. so no matter what i say i'm going to be thanked? cool.

hey northside dan if you're sitll here don't forget taht almost nobody is drafting bobby parnell and he's going to be the mets closer within the first 2-4 weeks of the season. jenrrys mejia sucks. a lot of people arent noticing that dellin betances has been shit this spring and i'm pretty damn sure andrew miller starts as closer, so if you see miller there circa round 15+ when you're down to joe-nathan-level-bad closers know that andrew miller might take the gig and run with it, and i've taken bobby parnell in the last round of 3 live drafts this year (mocking everyone of this via the chats)

Ok thanks

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:52 am 

Hawg Ass wrote:
Ok thanks

WOMEN ARE CATEGORICALLY INFERIOR TO MEN!

GUESS WHAT MY FAVORITE SIGN FROM DIE HARD 3 IS?

I THINK HOMOSEXUALITY IS EITHER A MENTAL DISORDER OR A GENETIC DYSFUNCTION THAT NEEDS TO BE ERADICATED FROM THE EARTH!

ELMHURST STEVE DIN DO NUFFIN WRONG!!!!!

HOLY SHIT THEY CANCELED VIVA LAUGHLIN TOO SOON!!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:56 am 

sinicalypse wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
Ok thanks

WOMEN ARE CATEGORICALLY INFERIOR TO MEN!

GUESS WHAT MY FAVORITE SIGN FROM DIE HARD 3 IS?

I THINK HOMOSEXUALITY IS EITHER A MENTAL DISORDER OR A GENETIC DYSFUNCTION THAT NEEDS TO BE ERADICATED FROM THE EARTH!

ELMHURST STEVE DIN DO NUFFIN WRONG!!!!!

HOLY SHIT THEY CANCELED VIVA LAUGHLIN TOO SOON!!!!!

Your words.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:00 am 

Hawg Ass wrote:
Your words.

AND WOOO!!!! we can stop this now cuz i just won because i got you to break your OK thanks roll and that's all i was going to do, even if you spent a combined 6 hours today doing what you did.

hey northside dan, don't forget about aj pollock, oswaldo arcia, and danny santana. #bangforthebuck

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:01 am 

sinicalypse wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
Your words.

AND WOOO!!!! we can stop this now cuz i just won because i got you to break your OK thanks roll and that's all i was going to do, even if you spent a combined 6 hours today doing what you did.

hey northside dan, don't forget about aj pollock, oswaldo arcia, and danny santana. #bangforthebuck

Ok thanks

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:09 am 

Hawg Ass wrote:
Ok thanks

you lost hawger. you don't get to restart it now.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:11 am 

sinicalypse wrote:

Outstanding!!!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:02 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Hawg Ass wrote:
sinicalypse wrote:
OK thanks
FTFY Hawger.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:15 am 

Ended up geting Matt Adams in the 9th round instead of hanging onto Freddie.

Love me my pitching staff:
Sale
Harvey
Weaver
Odorizzi
Peralta
Walker

are going to be my regulars and then rotating in Chapman, Reed, McCarthy and Mike Minor as injuries dictate.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:57 am 

Northside_Dan wrote:
Ended up geting Matt Adams in the 9th round instead of hanging onto Freddie.

Love me my pitching staff:
Sale
Harvey
Weaver
Odorizzi
Peralta
Walker

are going to be my regulars and then rotating in Chapman, Reed, McCarthy and Mike Minor as injuries dictate.

nice one dude! be warned that weaver is throwing absurdly slow this year (~86 i wanna say? or is that too low?) so who knows if there's going to be a lot of life with him.... if he starts off pretty hot i might try to spin him for a younger asset with a later draft round so even if you keep 'em you're not really costing yourself anything.

? for ya ND, i've got one roto publeague that autopicked me this OMFG HOLY SHIT rotation and i wonder who out of this lot you'd try to trade.

ROTO #2 (this one's not fair. if i get saves/offense they're dead) = felix, zimmermann, harvey, cueto, ross, iwakuma, taijuan, archie bradley (you say the whole name like a tribe called quest)

obviously tyson ross or maybe iwakuma comes to mind, but with the higher end guys i can get better pieces. my offense isn't as bad as you'd think coming out of an autodraft with that staff (i broke the draft with 1-2 closers, if even that) so c'est la vie.