It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:47 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:54 am 

Didn't see a topic on this.

Evan Gattis can fuck off. 0-20 so far on the year with 12 K's. Yikes...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:23 am 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Chris Carter is 1/19, with zero runs or rbi.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:30 am 

Kershaw and Felix have been ordinary to bad

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:30 am 

Lucroy has 1 hit also. :evil:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:33 am 

pizza_Place: Lucano's
I'm loving the resurgence of Joey Votto. Hope he can stay away from the injuries that plagued him last year.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:57 am 

Traded C.Carter as soon as I could I like to buy low sell high. Picked up Carter last year before he went on a monster HR tear. Traded him last week guessing the last half of last year was a fluke.

Traded Gomez, Cruz and Reyes for G.Stanton and a 27yr old orioles OF that I can't remember. This was a keeper league and Gomez turns 31 this year, so a decline is coming. His SB will go down, reducing his overall value. Cruz was traded to SEA and is old. Reyes is an injury waiting to happen.

I can build the offense around Stanton for years to come. I am also hoping for a big year from Pollack, Gose and Pierce and a successful return for P.Corbin.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:32 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
Juiced wrote:
Traded C.Carter as soon as I could I like to buy low sell high. Picked up Carter last year before he went on a monster HR tear. Traded him last week guessing the last half of last year was a fluke.

Traded Gomez, Cruz and Reyes for G.Stanton and a 27yr old orioles OF that I can't remember. This was a keeper league and Gomez turns 31 this year, so a decline is coming. His SB will go down, reducing his overall value. Cruz was traded to SEA and is old. Reyes is an injury waiting to happen.

I can build the offense around Stanton for years to come. I am also hoping for a big year from Pollack, Gose and Pierce and a successful return for P.Corbin.

Beat this guy in the finals of said league last year. Traded lawrie carter (.162/4/14 at the time) and Robbie ray for Edwin encarnacion, Ben revere (SB), and hideki kuroda (started last season w/ Kershaw bumgarner darvish Fernandez and matt Moore. Traded for pineda in 1st week of season. Kuroda did a job)

Turned around and dumped off DL'd matt Moore for kolten Wong and Jorge de la Rosa.

This year I've traded Justin Upton Colby rasmus and odrisamer despaigne for Jacob degrom (t-minus 1hr) khris Davis and Carl Crawford. Spent $$$ on Archie Bradley while a few ppl do their scrooge McDuck bank vault impression for Bryant/Rodon-stud-world-series!!!!!

Now I've got Kershaw/bumgarner/pineda/degrom/Bradley with Fernandez and syndergaard (oh yeah I got him in the draft too right after nas yelled KARMA!!? taking my old injured darvish. Lol) coming this year.

My team is built around Miguel Cabrera. I'll be fine. There's one guy with an offense beyond me but i'm "the pitching guy" so we'll see what happens. Edwin encarnacion can't even crack my infield-proper and Corey Dickerson is taking over the Justin Upton role =]

Should be fun.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:50 pm 

sinicalypse wrote:
scrooge McDuck bank vault impression for Bryant/Rodon-stud-world-series!!!!!

:lol: If nothing else, it has been fun to see who can trade the most players for the highest amount of cash. Archie could end up being the best of all of them.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:07 pm 

Did you put in a bid for Archie? I figured 7337 would wipe everyone out cuz if ur not going 4 babe/stud then you wanna be able to buy players off the teams going 4 them.

I was right.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:00 pm 

sinicalypse wrote:
Did you put in a bid for Archie? I figured 7337 would wipe everyone out cuz if ur not going 4 babe/stud then you wanna be able to buy players off the teams going 4 them.

I was right.

No, I didn't have enough to bid for him or Russell when he comes up. For me, it is about the value of the dollar and how much I want to gamble vs what I would have to sacrifice if I spent a large portion of my funds.

This year I drafted alot of young guys and spent money on proven players. I thought that would be the best choice with all the money going around for the Bryant sweepstakes.

Syndaargard was on my draft list. You are just lucky I didn't have a pick after the 1st round until the 5th.
I am pretty happy with Tomaz 3B and Heaney SP. Also have several young SS that I drafted hoping one would break out for me like Harrison SS did last year.

Another factor is you can only keep 12 players in our keeper league and you better know your prospects is going to be good or else because you are using a slot for him that could be used on a star player. Risk vs. Reward

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:25 pm 

Juiced wrote:
sinicalypse wrote:

I was right.

No, I didn't have enough to bid for him or Russell when he comes up. For me, it is about the value of the dollar and how much I want to gamble vs what I would have to sacrifice if I spent a large portion of my funds.

This year I drafted alot of young guys and spent money on proven players. I thought that would be the best choice with all the money going around for the Bryant sweepstakes.

Syndaargard was on my draft list. You are just lucky I didn't have a pick after the 1st round until the 5th.
I am pretty happy with Tomaz 3B and Heaney SP. Also have several young SS that I drafted hoping one would break out for me like Harrison SS did last year.

Another factor is you can only keep 12 players in our keeper league and you better know your prospects is going to be good or else because you are using a slot for him that could be used on a star player. Risk vs. Reward

It's supposed to be a 16 keeper league but ppl bitched about it and whined us down to 12. They don't wanna stop there either as they'd love to get us down to 8, and I like to think me talking so much shit to them as I was drafting Strasbourg bumgarner kimbrel and helluckson in 2011's draft and despite a well-publicized 3yr plan to not even try and win as opposed to collecting assets so in year 4 I flip the switch in them and "unleash a juggernaught on the league that rains hellfire upon them for years to come all thanks to you guys being dumb enough to give me 16 keepers" helped that choice along cuz without even trying I made the league semis in year 2 with no offense except for trout and migcab.

So yeah I wasn't able to keep iwakuma, cishek, McGee, Kemp, Crawford, or others I woulda kept if I had 16. Hell I was gonna keep darvish over pineda til THANK GOD he got hurt right away so I didn't end up fucked if pineda pitches all year. Once I decided to keep Wong/whoke-infield-outside-C over Kemp, man the last decision after darvish was pineda or boxberger. God bless your soul to let me get boxberger back cuz its like 13 keepers!

Btw man u can't be all UR LUCKY I DIDNT GAVE A PICK cuz you obviously traded those picks to get assets to get you to the league championship. You made the right move cuz you had me dead to rights at 9-17 going into the final day if the season and remember my 2nd TLDR concession speech of the playoffs? Yep. You just lacked TWTW and came across the wrong team (me on a revenge kick. Buckeyheads 24-4'd me in the 2012 semis, nas with the trout trade and keeper reduction, and finally you for being the last team to beat me during the extended ASB week)

Cuz holy shit dude I hate to keep bringing it up but I had no business winning that league. You beat me and I didn't even get lucky... I got blesses by god who evidently decides it was my turn to win tg league cuz I can't explain what happened other rhsn the far and away greatest championship/playoffs run of all time. I'll never top that.

Can we keep 16 now? That'd be the sheeeit. And get dude you gotta get in my roto league next year cuz we've got 8 keepers now and wanna do 10 next year. Chus has babe Bryant and syndergaard there tho

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:48 pm 

sinicalypse wrote:
Can we keep 16 now? That'd be the sheeeit. And get dude you gotta get in my roto league next year cuz we've got 8 keepers now and wanna do 10 next year. Chus has babe Bryant and syndergaard there tho

:lol: I am in your league SINI. SNK Crushers. I would love to have it 10 next year. I am not a big fan of ROTO leagues. I have put a little time into that league and need to up my game.

It should be 14 Keepers. It is no fun recycling the same old players in the draft every year. If we had 14 keepers then the draft would be ALL about drafting prospects and that is how it should be in a keeper league. You don't see MLB saying, wait hold up..we sucked last year so lets put 1/3 of our roster back into the draft and see if we can do better next year.

We should start a new H2H where we keep 14 players next year. I would help run it if you are interested. I would still stay in NAS's league. His leagues are always competitive and fun.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:53 pm 

[quote="sinicalypse Yep. You just lacked TWTW and came across the wrong team (me on a revenge kick. Buckeyheads 24-4'd me in the 2012 semis, nas with the trout trade and keeper reduction, and finally you for being the last team to beat me during the extended ASB week)

Cuz holy shit dude I hate to keep bringing it up but I had no business winning that league. You beat me and I didn't even get lucky... I got blesses by god who evidently decides it was my turn to win tg league cuz I can't explain what happened other rhsn the far and away greatest championship/playoffs run of all time. I'll never top that.
[/quote]

Like that loss wasn't bad enough, I ended up finishing 2nd in NAS's football league as well. :shock:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Juiced wrote:

Or hope that they don't drive drunk and die in the Dominican Republic, like my first pick last year.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:04 pm 

Daaaammmnn you're SNK? getcha game up son! Gotta stop fandango (knuckleBALLIN) cuz I could only tie him in 2013! I tried getting him to join nas' league but he wouldn't join because of nas. I tried telling him you get to beat nas so its rewarding but he said no.

Hey if you wanna start a new 14/+ keeper H2H that's eerily similar to the sandlot just in case that one goes tits up i'll do it. I'll start talking to fandango (my guy/co-commush/newschool-fsntasy-rival from IRC) and we'll do it. That first draft would be the stuff of legend =]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:41 pm 

Lucroy fouled a ball off of his toe and broke it. :(

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Hawg Ass wrote:
Lucroy fouled a ball off of his toe and broke it. :(

Anyone have 3 catchers to trade?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:14 am 

Joe Nathan done for the year and possibly his career, really glad I picked up Soria.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:35 am 

pizza_Place: Lucano's
Any time Andrew McCutchen wants to show up, fine by me.

.186 batting average and .315 OBP. 2nd pick overall. Let's go, jag.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:39 am 

Ed_from_Lisle wrote:
Any time Andrew McCutchen wants to show up, fine by me.

.186 batting average and .315 OBP. 2nd pick overall. Let's go, jag.

Shouldn't have cut his hair.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:38 pm 

Has anybody seen the Braves rotation post all star break, everything I find says they haven't released it yet?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:39 pm 

I'm unbeaten in 13 of 14 weeks this season, with currently a 10-week unbeaten streak right now.

Just give me the first place trophy already.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
This is the guy in first in my league. He lost exactly once, 5-6. Looking at his players, they're all decent to average. He must be catching every opponent on a down week. Can't believe he's up 18 games at the break.

Wk Opponent Result Score
1 Triplet Crowns Win 8 - 4
2 Napoli Headed Hoes Win 8 - 2
3 Molitors Stiffs Win 6 - 5
4 Adonis Timing Belt Win 9 - 2
5 Paternity Leave Loss 5 - 6
6 ROVER 25 Win 7 - 4
7 ThePnut&MazziExpress Win 7 - 5
8 Tiger Tales Win 9 - 2
9 Buster&MarleyExpress Win 5 - 4
10 Paces Posse Win 8 - 4
11 Embarrassing Win 10 - 1
12 Triplet Crowns Win 7 - 5
13 Napoli Headed Hoes Win 7 - 5
14 Molitors Stiffs Win 7 - 5

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:44 am 

I'm in the finals this week, and the Arrietta shutout pretty much wrapped the championship up for me on a Tuesday. Up 16-2 with a nice cushion in many categories.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:57 am 

Im in two playoffs. One is championship. Other one is for 3rd place ($100)

I have Arrieta in one but the other guy has him in the 3rd place league