It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:58 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:26 pm 

Unfuckingbelievable. I was up twenty points going into this horseshit game now I'm down twenty fucking five. David fucking Johnson?!? Fuck me.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:38 pm 

I lost by less than 2 points

My opponent played Danny Woodhead.
Danny.....effin.......woodhead.........he got over 30

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:32 am 

I'm not calling it a win yet but I am up 70+ with only Willie Snead going against me.

Antonio Brown was the right call on draft day

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:48 am 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
good dolphin wrote:

Antonio Brown was the right call on draft day

I took him at #9, after eight people took RBs. The only one worth a shit has been AP (Lacy, Bell, Charles, Lynch, AP, Gordon, Murray, Anderson). I appreciate the people in my leagues following the advice of the "experts", who are always high on RBs.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:28 pm 

I wouldn't say I've shifted my draft philosophy but I have come out of the first three rounds with 2 WR in each of the last three years. I have appeared in the championship game in each of those years.

I still like the security of 2 starting RB but I have made a living off of having one 20 carry guy and a few others around him recently.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
I'm down by 3.52 points (non-PPR) with Ebron left to (possibly) go tonight. Someone give me a case for being optimistic.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:35 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
I wouldn't say I've shifted my draft philosophy but I have come out of the first three rounds with 2 WR in each of the last three years. I have appeared in the championship game in each of those years.

I still like the security of 2 starting RB but I have made a living off of having one 20 carry guy and a few others around him recently.

I will be the favorite in our championship game starting Theo Riddick and Tim Hightower. I will most likely bench Jeremy Hill, with the tough matchup against Denver.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:36 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
I'm down by 3.52 points (non-PPR) with Ebron left to (possibly) go tonight. Someone give me a case for being optimistic.

He is playing against one of the worst defenses that I have ever seen, and he is the only TE worth a shit for the Lions.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:38 pm 

Chus wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

He is playing against one of the worst defenses that I have ever seen, and he is the only TE worth a shit for the Lions.

Why has he been so bad/inconsistent this year? Just a byproduct of the shitty line and overall offense? Is there any update yet on if he is actually going to play? I still keep seeing questionable.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:51 pm 

The Lions have had some young TE that I have loved coming out of college in the last few years with Pettigrew, Fauria and Ebron. They do nothing with these guys.

What do you need to get 4 points? Will 40 yards do it?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:52 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
The Lions have had some young TE that I have loved coming out of college in the last few years with Pettigrew, Fauria and Ebron. They do nothing with these guys.

What do you need to get 4 points? Will 40 yards do it?

I need him to get 36 receiving yards, assuming he doesn't fumble. Ideally, he would catch a TD on the first drive of the game and I wouldn't feel the need to follow the rest of it.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:57 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Why has he been so bad/inconsistent this year?

He has had some butter fingers at times.

FavreFan wrote:
Just a byproduct of the shitty line and overall offense?

They don't seem to know how to use him. The offensive line has been brutal, which you would think would mean more checkdowns to the TE. I have no idea what is going on with this team.

FavreFan wrote:
Is there any update yet on if he is actually going to play? I still keep seeing questionable.

He should be good to go. If not, pick up Tim Wright.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:01 pm 

This is my third championship game in a row and 4th in about 13 years in this league. Still, after all that I probably have only done a little better than break even up until now. I am in for a nice payday win or lose but the hours spent don't justify the compensation.

There are some guys in the league who can pretty much piss away that entry fee on draft day. One guy has made the playoffs maybe a couple of times and you just wince as he makes some of his picks. They are not even in the realm of possibilities in the round they are made. I think the website gives him good draft grades and horrible grades for me.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:17 am 

I got the matchup that I wanted with the second place team pulling out a victory on the strength of Stafford's game last night. The team he beat was the fifth seed but far more dangerous at this point. I also have some favorable matchups for my players. Hopefully Palmer's finger is OK and they throw the ball a lot against the Packers. It would be nice to get this win and I could use the money.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 2:22 pm 

Brees made a 2nd half run but it wasn't enough. I wouldn't be so bitter if I lost to a guy I actually heard of. David fucking Johnson has the game of the year. Get the fuck outta here.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 3:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
I'm in a few championship games this week with guys like Osweiller, Bortles, Johnson, Brown, and bunch of other guys who started the season as 3rd and 4th string guys. Championships are won from the waiver wire, not the draft.
Charles, Bell, Lacy, Luck, Lynch, Murray, CJ, McCoy, and Bryant were all picked in the first couple of rounds of most drafts and have contributed nothing.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 3:35 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Finished 8th in 2 leagues (20 teams) and that good enough for the final playoff spot. I upset the #1 team in both leagues despite Rodgers and Calvin Johnson sucking. In 1 league the top team was 0-2 against me and undefeated against the rest of the league.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:41 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
in the championship in one of my leagues...out of the playoffs in the other two.

aside from Alfred Morris sucking, taking a flier on Arian Foster in the 6th round, and Edelman going down, I was pretty lucky this year.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:45 pm 

Scorehead wrote:
I'm in a few championship games this week with guys like Osweiller, Bortles, Johnson, Brown, and bunch of other guys who started the season as 3rd and 4th string guys. Championships are won from the waiver wire, not the draft.
Charles, Bell, Lacy, Luck, Lynch, Murray, CJ, McCoy, and Bryant were all picked in the first couple of rounds of most drafts and have contributed nothing.

I took Antonio Brown in the first and rocked. I had Hopkins in the 3rd and Watkins in the 5th. Mc Coy, Ingram and Stewart in the 2nd and 4th and 6th. I stole Palmer as the 13th QB drafted (I took Bradford a round earlier).

I have filled in nicely with FA with Lewis (and now White) and Crabtree but the draft was my road to success.

I'd say the most important thing is finding an undervalued QB. It allows you to do so much more in the early rounds if you sit back and wait for a QB who can give you top 6 or so production

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:52 pm 

Obviously, there are many ways to win a league. Overall, I'd agree with Scorehead that doing the best WW work will enhance your chances the best. I drafted a terrible fucking team (Lacy, CJ Anderson, Mike Evans, Hilton, Romo were my first five picks) and I narrowly made the championship game due to getting guys like Eifert, Gurley, DeAngelo Williams, Lamar Miller, Diggs, etc on the waiver wire at opportune times, and making a couple beneficial trades. I think my luck has ran out though, as I don't expect to win the championship this week.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:04 pm 

good dolphin wrote:

I'd say the most important thing is finding an undervalued QB. It allows you to do so much more in the early rounds if you sit back and wait for a QB who can give you top 6 or so production

After taking Antonio Brown 9th overall, I picked Big Ben as the 9th QB selected (40th overall). This is a lethal combo in a PPR league.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:09 pm 

I traded Lamar Miller, Allen Robinson, and Stefon Diggs for Brown weeks ago. It worked out this past weekend. 8)

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:39 pm 

Chus wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

After taking Antonio Brown 9th overall, I picked Big Ben as the 9th QB selected (40th overall). This is a lethal combo in a PPR league.

You can win only playing those 2 on several weeks this year

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:33 am 

I foresaw this happening. I had another good week but was beaten by someone who had a great week...well, not quite beaten. If the Broncos have a monster night I may win. I'm down about 35. A special teams and defensive TD would be excellent tonight.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 7:05 pm 

I won my third place game and would've beaten both teams in the championship game. All that kept me from sweeping the league was the game of a lifetime by David Fucking Johnson. Sheesh

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 7:09 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Johnson is a beast, you have yet to see his best game.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:17 pm 

pizza_Place: maciano's
I'm in a overall points league plus weekly payouts. I have been neck and neck with second place with no one else really close. I opened up a 80 point lead with a gift from the gods.

I scored 158 for the week while he had 105. Meanwhile his bench put up 165 with only using 5 guys.

His bench
Julio Jones 36 (Randall Cobb)
Michael Floyd 17 (John Brown)
Arizona 46 (Detroit)
Tim Hightower 30 (Denard Robinson)
Stafford 30 (Cam 15) - completely understandable... the rest seem pretty suspect.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:38 am 

The dream is over.

13-2 on the year. There were times that it took me 2+ years to win 13 games so I guess I should be happy. I'm not. I have lost two championship games in a row. Nobody remembers second place

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:32 am 

good dolphin wrote:
It started poorly with Brown as my first pick. I hate a WR that early but I am just not as big of a backer of Lynch as every fantasy publication seems to be. I like Brown because he seems to be targeted incessantly so that his weekly production is similar to that of a #1 back.

However, getting a WR #1 leads to all sorts of problems down the road, which I experienced. It forces your hand on decision, which lead to Mc Coy #2. I really liked getting Hopkins at #3 but then I reached on Ingram at 4. I am not as down as the world is on Watkins and I thought it was acceptable to take him at 5. However, now I have TWO Bills which is a recipe for suck.

I grabbed Kelce at 6 which I thought was a good pick. Stewart at 7 which I also liked at backup.

I was waiting on a QB as everyone decent was scooped up early and someone grabbed Matty Ice just before me in an earlier round. The three guys who hadn't grabbed QBs were basically in a standoff to see who would move first. Someone grabbed Eli just before me. I wanted him but I am comfortable with then going after Bradford and Palmer. Am I crazy for being much higher on both of these guys. Palmer was excellent last year under Arians before his injury. I see no reason why Bradford cannot be similar to Foles in his good year.

I then got Quick at 10, who I think will be able to start for me in some weeks. That's acceptable at 10. Wheaton at 11 is going to be pretty good while Martavius is on leave and he may be good enough to keep getting plays when he returns.

K and D went 12 and 13. I took a flyer on Michael at 14 as I'm hoping Dallas took him with a plan in mind.

I'm not thrilled. I still think it was a middle of the road draft, which is right where I was drafting. I just don't see guys on this roster who will ever have those explosive weeks where they win the game almost on their own. I'll be surprised if I finish in last place and equally surprised if I make the playoffs

This kind of shows you what a crap shoot fantasy is. I didn't love my draft but finished 13-2. Alternatively, I would have picked several other players that were horrible this year and would have buried me. That doesn't make me a good or bad player, just lucky with a bit of knowledge thrown in.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:06 am 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
In one of my leagues, the guy who won the championship did so with a starting lineup that did not contain a first round draft pick. Here is his winning lineup: AJ McCarron, Tom Hightower, David Johnson, Danny Woodhead, Doug Baldwin, Michael Crabtree, Ted Ginn, Jordan Reed, Josh Brown, Rams.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next