It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:49 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 2015 FFL Sleepers?
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:36 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Lets face it, winning a FFL has some huge luck factor. You can draft a good backup who becomes a top 10 guy due to others injuries, etc.

I am not saying these guys are 1st round picks, or even close to a lock, but could put up some solid numbers.

Tevin Coleman - ATL, They want him to be the 1st and 2nd down back...Freeman is a 3rd down guy. Does he have the talent to do it and they do throw a ton, so thats why.

Maxx Williams and Breshad Perriman - Perriman injured right now, but Maxx is the TE ...if he can catch, think about how much Tresty loved the check down to the TE.

Tyler Eiffert - Big, Fast, Good, Hurt....thats his 1st 2 years. Good upside and if he sucks its probably because he gets hurt, so you "cross him off the list" then.

Keep your Abdullahs and Gordons, we know about those guys.

What ya got?

Post subject: Re: 2015 FFL Sleepers?
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:46 am 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
David Cobb - RB Tennessee
He is better than Bishop Sankey, and should see the majority of the carries.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:04 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Not sleeper per se but undervalued is better description. Speaking from a PPR perspective:

-Kendall Wright - two years ago he had 100 catches. Last year he sucked with disastrous Locker/Mettenberger combo. He'll do very well as he he's a agile possession guy. Perfect for Mariotta who'll make safe close throws.

-Maclin - same concept except it's Alex Smith. You don't sign a guy for $55M without plans of using making him an integral piece.

-Chris Ivory - clear bell cow behind a solid line and no more Geno (!!!!) as QB. There are weapons for Fitzmagic in Marshall and Decker to keep the D honest. Add a tough D and you have a clear ground 'n pound team using a bellcow in Ivory.

- Brian Quick - did you know last year with Rams he averaged 5 catches 80 yards his 1st four games while scoring 3 times? He then sucked ass the next 3 games and went on IR. His issue has always been staying healthy and QB play. He's still the Rams #1 (yikes), Nick Foles is now QB and no more Brian Schottenheimer running the offense. That's lottery ticket for a guy 10+ round is 100% worth it.

Rueben Randle - another great 10+ round guy to take a flyer on. Right now Odell is clear number 1 and Cruz is coming back. However, ODB has had his hamstring nag him this training camp and Cruz will be no where near his old self less than a year from tearing his knee up (next year he'll be 100% recovered a SLEEPER). So take the forgotten guy and you'll have a guy maybe forced into the #1 role if injury strikes.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:15 am 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
In no particular order:

Marcus Wheaton, WR, Stealers
Matt Jones, RB, Redskins
Phillip Dorsett, WR, Colts
David Johnson, RB, Cardinals
Duke Johnson, RB, Browns
Derek Carr, QB, Raiders
John Brown, WR, Cardinals
Richard Rodgers, TE, Packers
Cameron Artis-Payne, RB. Panthers
Marvin Jones, WR, Bengals

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:47 am 

pizza_Place: Cali Za Kitchen
Jeff Janis, WR, Packers - everyone can hype up ty montgomery but ty is a slot guy like Cobb and he's just not that good. Janis is fast and explosive which is who you want replacing a guy like Jordy. Any ball Janis catches, he can take to the house.

Jarius Wright, WR, Vikings - Don't even bother taking Mike Wallace because the 2 best receivers on Minnesota are Charles Johnson and Jarius. You can get better value than Wallace at his ADP and wait on Jarius for better results.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
Don't laugh, but in IDP formats, JJ Watt. Yes, everyone knows he is the best DL, but I don't think people realize how much better he is than any other DL out there. On a bad year, he will average a sack a game for you and 4.5 tackles. This year, lets add in some more goal line appearances as a TE... if your league awards offensive plays to IDPs, you could be looking at 4-6 TDs in addition to his defensive stats. He's just massively better than anyone else and shows no sign of slowing down.

A real sleeper? I kind of like the WR out of Baltimore, Breshad Perriman. Only useful as a flex in your lineup as I'm guessing he is going to have some huge games and some non-factors... not a reliable guy, but if you're looking for someone who has the ability to go deep, he's your guy. DeSean Jackson type. Other than Steve Smith, who else is really going to challenge in Baltimore?