It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:03 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Top 3 Fantasy Busts
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
Thus far:

1. CJ Anderson. #54 ranked RB in Yahoo fantasy points.

2. Eddie Lacy. #43 ranked RB.

3. Peyton Manning. #28 ranked QB. He's done. Finished.

Honorable mention: Alshon Jeffrey.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

Post subject: Re: Top 3 Fantasy Busts
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:06 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
Mike Evans

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
It's gotta be CJ Anderson at the top, since he's had no health issues and has just sucked.

Lacy and Evans have been terrible when healthy too.

I can't put Peyton as a bust. Anyone drafting him as a top 10-12 QB is an idiot. He was terrible more often than he was decent last year, and it was obvious that wasn't getting any better.

Demarco Murray is up there too.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:18 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Not a top 3, but the Ravens defense has been awful.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Yeah I'm with FF: Manning sucks but he's not a bust unless you spent something like a fourth round pick or higher on him. In that case the fault is with the owner anyway.

I'd go CJ, Jeremy Hill, Golden Tate, Luck, Hilton, and McCoy along with the others mentioned in terms of big names. At the top it's probably the RBs since they're so highly valued, but Luck should merit some consideration.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:39 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
I'm in 1st in a 8 teamer and what pisses me off is CJ was my 1st round pick. What a corpse. I was sure Gronk was mine but he was taken one pick before me.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:46 pm 

Peoria Matt wrote:
I'm in 1st in a 8 teamer and what pisses me off is CJ was my 1st round pick. What a corpse. I was sure Gronk was mine but he was taken one pick before me.

Gronk not hot lately. My first round pick.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:54 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
yeah cj anderson has been god awful, especially when you consider that he's somehow still getting a timeshare with ronnie hillman, but it'll be CJ 11car/28yds and hillman 11car/93yds.

personally, i think that lions kid abdullah has been shit, but nobody was counting on him for being much than a sleeper / deep league option and that wasnt too big of a deal. and hey you know i missed a pick in the 3rd round of the draft in nas' 20 team league and i ended up with DEVIN FUNCHESS, a bigtime / high draft pick WR for carolina..... and he's done absolutely fuckall. seriously i even cut him in nas' league for jaelen strong, which says something (in a league where landry jones went for $1800 and some white WR on jacksonville who had 8/84 went for $801, and thats a league where everyone starts with $1000 and division leaders at the end of the month* / most points in the week get $400/200 or something)

ummmm does buffalo's D warrant an honorable mention? they were supposed to be bigtime good with rex ryan and all but the patsies drpped 40 on them and i wanna say last week they had negative points for the 2nd time this year. in terms of defensive players suh was horribly useless, and jadaveon clowney seems to be a college player.

* = it's either calendar end of the month or end of the NFL week that was going on during the calendar end of the month, whichever one ensures my team doesnt get the $$$ (cuz its heeee-larious to see my team being the only 6-0 team in the league and i somehow have 0 bonus $$$.... but then again my team has the coveted "least points scored against in the league" thing going on and while i'm a consistent 215-245 every week i might not have led the division in points at any time, and i only got top spot a week or two ago... not necessarily conspiracy just sayin its funny that i can somehow end up the last undefeated team and i cant get a bonus buck to save my life)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:58 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
btw has jimmy graham been decent? i know there was an expected dropoff from "no doubt #1 TE if/when gronk gets hurt" to "having russell wilson at QB" but idk if he's been palatable or if he's been outright gash. suffice to say he isnt approaching the vaunted levels of that guy from cleveland.

also i had a chance to take antonio gates or larry donnell @ TE and i picked donnell thinking whatever playoff chances i had might hinge on winning as many games as i could in the first 4 weeks. of course i went undefeated in those 4 weeks and i think even with 0s at TE i prolly still go undefeated, and antonio gates had like 32-34pts his first week back. doh. i'm a fantasy bust of an owner cuz i know my 6-0 team is going to end up like 8-6 or something.... i can just feel it coming, altho after this week i think only julio jones and my kicker are having bye weeks (or well, marshawn lynch too.... but he's a far cry from 2014 "beastmode" lynch) and thank god they're not teaming up like this week.

#KomeBackKarlos!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:55 pm 

sinicalypse wrote:
btw has jimmy graham been decent? i know there was an expected dropoff from "no doubt #1 TE if/when gronk gets hurt" to "having russell wilson at QB" but idk if he's been palatable or if he's been outright gash. suffice to say he isnt approaching the vaunted levels of that guy from cleveland.

also i had a chance to take antonio gates or larry donnell @ TE and i picked donnell thinking whatever playoff chances i had might hinge on winning as many games as i could in the first 4 weeks. of course i went undefeated in those 4 weeks and i think even with 0s at TE i prolly still go undefeated, and antonio gates had like 32-34pts his first week back. doh. i'm a fantasy bust of an owner cuz i know my 6-0 team is going to end up like 8-6 or something.... i can just feel it coming, altho after this week i think only julio jones and my kicker are having bye weeks (or well, marshawn lynch too.... but he's a far cry from 2014 "beastmode" lynch) and thank god they're not teaming up like this week.

#KomeBackKarlos!

Graham has been inconsistent I think. It'd depend on scoring but I think Eifert might be the top scoring TE this year, not sure though. Not much separation between Gronk, Eifert, Graham, and maybe that guy from Cleveland in terms of fantasy production. Gates is a late comer but his production has been good thus far.

2013 CSFMB ROY