It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:56 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Shenanigans?
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
I am in a 12 team $ league, where I know one guy well, and his buddy is the commish. The commish does a good job running the league, and I have full confidence that everything he does is on the up and up. He will text me from time to time for advice and thoughts pertaining to the league.

Yesterday was the trade deadline. The commish allowed a trade to go through, but he then had some second thoughts, so he asked for my thoughts. I don't know the guys well enough to accuse anybody of funny business, but it doesn't pass the smell test.

Last place team trades A-A-Ron and Delanie Walker, to the 6th place team for Stafford, Jordan Reed, and Sproles.

The 6th place team got the better QB, better TE, and threw in a shitty RB to somehow make it even. I think the trade stinks, what say you CSFMB?

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

Post subject: Re: Shenanigans?
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
I'm terrible at fantasy football, but hasn't Stafford been crappy this year?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:44 pm 

Id vote against it.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:44 pm 

Chus wrote:
I am in a 12 team $ league, where I know one guy well, and his buddy is the commish. The commish does a good job running the league, and I have full confidence that everything he does is on the up and up. He will text me from time to time for advice and thoughts pertaining to the league.

Yesterday was the trade deadline. The commish allowed a trade to go through, but he then had some second thoughts, so he asked for my thoughts. I don't know the guys well enough to accuse anybody of funny business, but it doesn't pass the smell test.

Last place team trades A-A-Ron and Delanie Walker, to the 6th place team for Stafford, Jordan Reed, and Sproles.

The 6th place team got the better QB, better TE, and threw in a shitty RB to somehow make it even. I think the trade stinks, what say you CSFMB?

The fact that the last place team is trading is sounding warning bells.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:50 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
rogers park bryan wrote:
Id vote against it.

agreed.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
Hawg Ass wrote:
Chus wrote:

Yes, unless it's a keeper league, or super tight standings, last place in a one-year FF league making a deadline deal usually stinks.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:59 pm 

denisdman wrote:

It's not all his fault, but yes.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:00 pm 

redskingreg wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
Chus wrote:

Yes, unless it's a keeper league, or super tight standings, last place in a one-year FF league making a deadline deal usually stinks.

Not a keeper league, but giving up Rodgers would be worse in a keeper league.

The commish is 8-1, so he definitely wasn't in on any fix.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
Not if you can't keep Rodgers.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
Chus wrote:

Sounds like one of the managers may have 2 teams in this league. This happens alot.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

redskingreg wrote:
Not if you can't keep Rodgers.

It would be worse if the guy could keep Rodgers next year, but traded him for garbage.

<º)))><

Scorehead wrote:
Chus wrote:

Sounds like one of the managers may have 2 teams in this league. This happens alot.

No. We do a live draft. There were twelve of us.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:34 pm 

ME:
Quote:
I don't know you guys well enough to accuse anybody of funny business, but this trade doesn't pass the smell test. On the surface, it appears as the last place team dumped his players to another manager, who is fighting for the playoffs.

Rodgers is much better than Stafford, and Walker is better than Reed, who is one concussion away from retirement. Sproles shouldn't even be on anybody's roster, so that isn't much of a throw in.

It's important to me that everything is on the up and up, in a money league. Perhaps an explanation might ease my mind a bit.

manager of 6th place team:

Quote:
You're right you don't know me well enough but I completely understand where you coming and you're right it is a money league. However, last time I checked this is "Fantasy Football" for one. It's supposed to be exciting, crazy, upsetting etc all at the same time. That's what makes it interesting, just like the pros make trades and send people off to different teams to help their team progress. Secondly, I think it's a little ridiculous if you're getting upset for something like this, especially since you're ranked higher on the leader boards. Thirdly your commissioner accepted the trade and signed off on it.

I don't feel that there is an explanation that needs to be given.

So with all the being said, all I'm going to say is, is that I made a trade proposal to help better my team, it was accepted, and the commissioner signed off on it, basically how it's done in the pros, as I said before. Plus it's fantasy

My response:

Quote:
So, it's just fantasy football, but it's like real football, but it's called fantasy? Dizzying logic.

And I shouldn't worry about it, because I am in first place? I'm in first place because I drafted well, and made sound waiver additions. Nobody gifted me A-A-Ron Rodgers.

Pro teams trade good players for young players and draft picks, to get better next year. That has no correlation to a one year fantasy league.

When money is on the line, "it's just fantasy" is not a valid excuse.

The commish signed off on it, but he thinks it stinks as well, as evidenced by our text exchange last night.

I asked others for their thoughts on this trade, and not one person thinks it is fair.

That explanation did not ease my mind. It's pretty clear to me that this was one guy trading a stud to help out a buddy.

Shenanigans, indeed.

<º)))><

Last edited by Chus on Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:35 pm 

Chus wrote:
ME: I don't know you guys well enough to accuse anybody of funny business, but this trade doesn't pass the smell test. On the surface, it appears as the last place team dumped his players to another manager, who is fighting for the playoffs.

Rodgers is much better than Stafford, and Walker is better than Reed, who is one concussion away from retirement. Sproles shouldn't even be on anybody's roster, so that isn't much of a throw in.

It's important to me that everything is on the up and up, in a money league. Perhaps an explanation might ease my mind a bit.

His response:

Quote:
You're right you don't know me well enough but I completely understand where you coming and you're right it is a money league. However, last time I checked this is "Fantasy Football" for one. It's supposed to be exciting, crazy, upsetting etc all at the same time. That's what makes it interesting, just like the pros make trades and send people off to different teams to help their team progress. Secondly, I think it's a little ridiculous if you're getting upset for something like this, especially since you're ranked higher on the leader boards. Thirdly your commissioner accepted the trade and signed off on it.

I don't feel that there is an explanation that needs to be given.

So with all the being said, all I'm going to say is, is that I made a trade proposal to help better my team, it was accepted, and the commissioner signed off on it, basically how it's done in the pros, as I said before. Plus it's fantasy

Shenanigans, indeed.

This would be my last year in that league.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:37 pm 

If I win, my name goes on the trophy, and I will have to defend my title.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:41 pm 

Commissioner is at fault for approving it.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:42 pm 

I have petitioned the commissioner to overrule the trade.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:03 pm 

denisdman wrote:

A-a-aron hasn't exactly been up to his standards either. Especially recently.

rogers park bryan wrote:
Commissioner is at fault for approving it.

Ultimately, this is the answer.

Trades can seem uneven for variety of reasons, maybe they are, maybe they aren't.
I didn't read the whole thread, but the rest of the two rosters have to be considered also. If the owner that traded away Rodgers also has another good QB that they got later in the draft/FA (Rivers for example?) then Rodgers has less value to them. He's tradable.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
I think you are being a big crybaby.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:15 pm 

Gloopan Kuratz wrote:

sorry

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:16 pm 

Gloopan Kuratz wrote:

I don't, it's about the $.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:17 pm 

He had Bortles, but thought so highly of him he never started him.

Here is his latest justification:

Quote:
Your argument is not completely invalid because I can see how you are upset but take it easy there big guy no need to get so bent out of shape. It's a game okay, I understand that there is a little bit of money involved but if $25 is going to get you so infuriated to the point that you have to post about it and tell me that all of your other guys in your other leagues agreed with you, then please, by all means have ^COMMISH^ give me my money back, I'll forfeit and I'll leave the league. If not then let's do it this way. Let's all of us start with the same exact players that we had when we drafted and get rid of the people we picked up through out the season on waivers because someone got hurt or wasn't doing to well, and let's see who comes out on top sine "you drafted so well, and made sound waiver decisions" Fact is I made a proposal and ^COMMISH^ approved the trade. If he was so against it, then he shouldn't have played it.

Wow, is this guy a piece of work. First he uses the classic deflection technique of putting it on me for getting bent out of shape. Then, he just to extremes. Well, I will just quit then, or just allow bad trades to go through.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:18 pm 

Gloopan Kuratz wrote:

Cool story, bro.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:19 pm 

Bortles has scored exactly 2 points less than A-a-ron in my $$$ league.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:20 pm 

Chus wrote:
He had Bortles, but thought so highly of him he never started him.

Here is his latest justification:

Quote:
Your argument is not completely invalid because I can see how you are upset but take it easy there big guy no need to get so bent out of shape. It's a game okay, I understand that there is a little bit of money involved but if $25 is going to get you so infuriated to the point that you have to post about it and tell me that all of your other guys in your other leagues agreed with you, then please, by all means have ^COMMISH^ give me my money back, I'll forfeit and I'll leave the league. If not then let's do it this way. Let's all of us start with the same exact players that we had when we drafted and get rid of the people we picked up through out the season on waivers because someone got hurt or wasn't doing to well, and let's see who comes out on top sine "you drafted so well, and made sound waiver decisions" Fact is I made a proposal and ^COMMISH^ approved the trade. If he was so against it, then he shouldn't have played it.

Wow, is this guy a piece of work. First he uses the classic deflection technique of putting it on me for getting bent out of shape. Then, he just to extremes. Well, I will just quit then, or just allow bad trades to go through.

Is this guy a current college student?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:20 pm 

spanky wrote:

He has scored a lot less in ours.

Are you trading Rodgers for Bortles?

<º)))><

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:21 pm 

Hawg Ass wrote:
Is this guy a current college student?

I don't really know these guys other than doing two live drafts with them. The commish is a friend of a friend.

These guys are definitely younger than me, but they seem to be older than college students.

<º)))><

Last edited by Chus on Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:21 pm 

pizza_Place: *
spanky wrote:

Yep.

I picked up Bortles in week 3 or 4, I was playing shitty ass Stafford and still managing to win despite him. Bortles has now been my starter.

No traces of you, what can I do?
Alone and confused

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:22 pm 

Free Ajent wrote:
spanky wrote:

Yep.

I picked up Bortles in week 3 or 4, I was playing shitty ass Stafford and still managing to win despite him. Bortles has now been my starter.

So, you would trade Rodgers for Bortles or Stafford?

<º)))><

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:23 pm 

league sounds fatiguing

The solution is to openly mock the intelligence of the guy who traded RODgers. Everyone will join in. Justice will be done