It is currently Wed May 22, 2024 11:16 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Baseball Games
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
I was thinking of getting one of the baseball games out, I have gotten one in a couple of years, is MLB the Show with Mauer on the cover the best one and if it is and somebody has it, is Strasburg of the Nationals, the big rookie from the Braves I think his name is Heyward, and Chapman from the Reds if that's the Cuban guy are on the game, sometimes rosters are done in January. I was also reading on wikipedia, that the game had some glitches too, has anybody expirienced this.

I have played the 2K baseball games, but it just seemed to easy to hit home runs, it looked like you swung late and it was a home run, on the replay it looked like an odd swing. If you are pitching and there was a guy on, it seemed like it make you throw a wild pitch or bean the batter.

Thanks for any info.

Post subject: Re: Baseball Games
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:34 am 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:38 am 

reents wrote:
I was thinking of getting one of the baseball games out, I have gotten one in a couple of years, is MLB the Show with Mauer on the cover the best one and if it is and somebody has it, is Strasburg of the Nationals, the big rookie from the Braves I think his name is Heyward, and Chapman from the Reds if that's the Cuban guy are on the game, sometimes rosters are done in January. I was also reading on wikipedia, that the game had some glitches too, has anybody expirienced this.

I have played the 2K baseball games, but it just seemed to easy to hit home runs, it looked like you swung late and it was a home run, on the replay it looked like an odd swing. If you are pitching and there was a guy on, it seemed like it make you throw a wild pitch or bean the batter.

Thanks for any info.

Crosscheck can fill you in on The Show 10. But Ive always found it to be an awesome game. Theyll definitely have the prospects, but theyll have fake names if they havent played a Major league game yet.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Pisa Pizza, Countryside
reents wrote:

Thanks for any info.

I can guarantee that if they are not on the rosters now, they will be when the roster updates come out. I heard about the glitches as well, but have not experienced them firsthand, they seem to be concentrated within the online mode, so if you're not playing online then you should be fine. As for which game is better, it depends on what you're looking for, 2k games have always felt like arcade games to me, not just in baseball but in hockey as well, whereas The Show is more of a baseball simulation. You ain't gonna hit a lot of home runs in this game.

BUT, from what I have read, 2k has changed up the pitching mechanics this year, so that every game wont be a home run derby. So it might be worthwhile looking at the two reviews on gamespot and deciding for yourself. The last 2k game I played was 09, and I couldn't stand it. I have 2010 the show, and I love it, but the hitting aspect of the game frustrates the fuck out of me at times because I'm baseball retarded...

The Show:
http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/sports/mlb1 ... lt;title;0

2k10:
http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/sports/ ... lt;title;1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Piece Pizza and Brewery

Was the goods.

Get MLB The Show. You won't regret it.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Lucano's
crosscheck wrote:
I have 2010 the show, and I love it, but the hitting aspect of the game frustrates the fuck out of me at times because I'm baseball retarded...

I love it too, and I'm playing on All-Star, but it's a miracle if I have less than 10 strikeouts a game while batting. I swing at everything. Nothing pisses me off more in that game than when you guess pitch AND location only to have it be a pitch WAAAYYY out of the strike zone. If you guess both correctly, you should be guaranteed a hittable pitch. When I guess both and it's not a strike, I still end up swinging anyway. I've managed to get a few walks, but my batting eye is not sound.

The game is just incredible in terms of graphics. I love what they do with the TV-style presentation, especially in this year's edition. When they go to the end of an inning, they'll show a replay of a home run that was hit during the inning that just ended. That's pretty cool. They used to do that, and still do, with inning-ending double plays, but they added the HR replay in 10.

Not sure about the heralded rookies. I haven't checked.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen

Only fun I've had playing a baseball game in the last five years...which is really a sad commentary on baseball video games...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
I've been hooked on The Show since I got it a couple of weeks ago. The hitting can definately be a little frustrating, but the pitching mechanic is second to none.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:20 pm 

Hi, I'm Ken Griffey, Jr. Let's play Major League Baseball!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:32 pm 

Don Tiny wrote:

Looks like Cloud in the blue and a bunch of flaming cactuars in the red...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
For me...

Hardball for Sega Genesis...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:02 pm 

immessedup17 wrote:

That was good too.

Bolt Lightning. :P

This

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Old World Pizza in Melrose Park

This game was my favorite growing up. Starting from scratch with a bunch of scrubs beating up on the Lovely Ladies to get money to build up enough superstars to take on American Dreams. Great concept that needs to be remade.

Oh...Eastern Illinois. They contacted me. I didn't take the entrance exam because I had 64 crayons instead of 3. But I loved going through Central Illinois. Watching people on bad cooked up Tide is the best.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:37 pm 

pizza_Place: art of pizza
If you're playing on PC, you should seriously consider checking out MVP '05 by EA Sports and then http://mvpmods.com

They're also working on mods for MLB 2k9, but after MLB 2k9 and NBA 2k10 I'm boycotting the fuck out of 2k Sports for as long as I fucking live, so help me god.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:26 am 

pizza_Place: Pisa Pizza, Countryside
suckers playground wrote:
If you're playing on PC, you should seriously consider checking out MVP '05 by EA Sports and then http://mvpmods.com

They're also working on mods for MLB 2k9, but after MLB 2k9 and NBA 2k10 I'm boycotting the fuck out of 2k Sports for as long as I fucking live, so help me god.

:salut: Same goes for me, even the NHL2k series has gone to shit.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
Thanks for the info guys, I did get the game, but didn't have the players I wondered about, but like Crosscheck maybe when roster updates come out, they will be on there.

Thanks again guys.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
The Show 10 is a joke, I played my first game with the Cubs and Zambrano only had 77 pitches through 5 innings. This needs to be fixed, there's no way he wouldn't have thrown 100. Check Operationsports.com for rosters. I don't think the official rosters can put anyone in who hasn't played a MLB game on the rosters, but if you download user made rosters than can put in anyone.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou's, Pequod's
Operationsports has full minor rosters as well... these will have guys even down in AA ball. I think the ones most people use are made by some guy called Knight, so search around on the roster forum.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Little Caesar's

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:49 pm 

Colonel Angus wrote:

Pure. Win.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:21 pm 

wow. just f@cking wow.