It is currently Wed May 22, 2024 11:30 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 10:56 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 6 characters
Played the demo last night on XBox. While the control and whatnot are basically the exact same as last season, there are a few interesting additions to this release.

The biggest addition is the ability to play the Ryder Cup. What I like about this feature is that you can jump from match to match. Also, the same format will be available online where two 12-man teams can go head-to-head. I will be interested to see how this works out considering the player drop-off issues usually seen with golf games.

There is also a new True-Aim feature as far as controls go which basically make the game harder by giving the player a "real-life" point-of-view. This is supposed to mimic what it is like to play as an actual PGA Tour pro, if that is even possible in a video game.

A new XP feature is included in gameplay that basically allows you to upgrade your golfer based on your performance shot-to-shot. The demo also allows you to carry over XP earned to the actual full game.

Finally, real-time additions of wind direction, weather, and even sunlight are probably the coolest IMO.

Due for release June 8th.

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 1:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Lucano's
I haven't bought a Tiger Woods game since I got the yips a couple of versions back. Seriously. Ever since they switched from the click and shoot to using the left joystick (PS3 anyway) to pull back the club, I can't hit a straight shot to save my life. I don't know if it's me or the calibration of the controller. Either way, I suck at it.

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 1:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
I'll pass on the opportunity to pay for courses I've already bought three or four times with a few new features this year.