It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 1:42 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Xbox LIVE Rewards
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Still not sure what exactly gets you points, but hey, free points for doing stuff I already do? Works for me.

http://rewards.xbox.com

Edit: wow, link fail...fixed

Last edited by lipidquadcab on Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Xbox LIVE Rewards
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:03 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
You really should investigate playing games for a living...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:20 pm 

doug - evergreen park wrote:
You really should investigate playing games for a living...

Well, the way I see it, there are very few ways to get paid to play games....

1) "Pro" Gamer - I'm not nearly good enough...not even close...especially at the games that people get paid for (Halo, Starcraft)...so that's out...

2) Game Tester - Not interested...playing busted builds of games, doing rediculous things to find bugs would make me hate playing games...no go...

3) Consultant - Hey, it works for N'Gai, but he actually had a history in the industry, so of course he can get paid to play someone's game and tell them how good/bad it is...I think I have a good idea of what makes a game good or bad, but I'm not delusional, and no one really gives a shit what I think...

4) Game Journalist - I'm not inspired enough to update my blog on a regular basis, yet alone do it for half a day...plus, see the "no one gives a shit what I think" line from 3.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:25 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Highlights .....

It will take up to 96 hours after Enrollees perform point earning activities for their corresponding Microsoft Points to appear in the Enrolleeā€™s Account as "pending". An Enrollee needs 100 or more "pending" Microsoft Points before the Microsoft Points will be converted to "awarded". Once an Enrollee has 100 or more "pending" Microsoft Points, it will take up to 30 days for such Microsoft Points to appear in the Enrollee's Account as "awarded". Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to award Microsoft Points at a later date if additional time is needed for any reason. Microsoft Points in an Enrollee's Account as "pending" cannot be redeemed until they appear in the Account as "awarded".

Publicity Release. By participating in the Program, Sponsor shall have the right, but not the obligation, to use, display and publish Participants name, Xbox LIVE gamertag, Xbox LIVE Avatar, name, photograph, likeness, voice, performance, biographical information and/or statements, throughout the world in perpetuity in any media that now exists or may exist in the future including for advertising and promotional purposes. If Sponsor makes use of any of the foregoing rights, Enrollee understands and agrees that they will not receive any other consideration, or payment, notification or credit, nor will they have any approval over how the foregoing rights are used.

Maybe all that shit's boilerplate, but PASS .... UBER-PASS .....

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:07 am 

Can't say I'm too worried about them wanting to use my likeness...