It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 12:22 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Batman Arkham City
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:31 am 

pizza_Place: I vehemently disagree
I'm not a comic book nut like some, but have full respect for the Batman franchise. I genuinely enjoyed Arkham Asylum. It had a very compelling gameplay. And it was gorgeously rendered. The pace was very good and they shoved as many villains in it as possible. Like with most games, I was underwhelmed by the conclusion, but I will forgive that in this case. The combination of stealth, unique ways to take down your enemy, and the combat skills leveling system really were integrated well. Some moments were button mashing moments, but they weren't constant. The game didn't have alot of replayability (I'm not one of those guys who wants to play the same level over again to improve my time). But at the end of the day, it was still a satisfying game.

On to Arkham City. I am excited to play this game. I imagine it won't have the same punch as the original because I doubt they'll do much to change the gameplay (why mess with something that was pretty effective). But it will be fun to see what happens when the inmates of Arkham spill over on to the streets of Gotham. As a side note, I hate these trailers, because they are all cutscenes... gimme a peak at gameplay! But alas, this is all we got now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5t-1i3Bqj0U

Post subject: Re: Batman Arkham City
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:38 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
I'm looking forward to this as well.

Post subject: Re: Batman Arkham City
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:43 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
immessedup17 wrote:
I'm also of the mind that if it isn't broken, you don't necessarily need to revamp much. A new setting...new puzzles...some new gadgets...and maybe a new feature or mode, and you're good. I'm not a Batman nut by far, but there are some famous villains that haven't made an appearance yet...and a bit more they can do. This probably isn't a release day purchase for me, but I'll definitely be playing it.

Based on the article in Game Informer a couple of months ago, it looks like Catwoman and Two-Face will be prominently involved. I'm guessing we may actually see the Riddler in this too.