It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 10:12 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:24 am 

pizza_Place: I vehemently disagree
Check this IGN review out 9.5/10

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKNFFxt4wuE

Got a chance to play this last night. You know I'm a "homer" on BC2, but I absolutely love this game. The maps were genuinely great. Very well laid out and graphically interesting. They really offer a different way to play this game based on the topography and the options to destroy building walls to create new paths. The vehicles are balanced and provide a nice complement to the maps.

The music is awesome. I never thought this would matter, but it really set the tone for this game to make you feel like you're back in the late 1960's/early 1970's. Great sound has always been apart of the Bad Company franchise and this continues in BC2 Vietnam

They completely redid the weapons. The range of the Medic's M-60 was fixed and same with some of the light machine guns. I know this was a gripe with BC2 as the Uzi seemed to have the same range as some Assault rifles. The way many of these maps are set up, it seems that you have a more confined engagements... not as confined as MW2, but not as spread out as the Sniper favorite maps from earlier in the franchise.

At $15, I felt like the maps were definitely worth it. It feels like a brand new game with great maps and a bunch of new weapons. Matchmaking has been smooth so far.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:37 am 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
Awesome game from top to bottom. Requires real team work and skill in tactics and even weapons usage. Unfortunately all of my friends have been brainwashed by the inferior Call of Duty series and I am stuck playing that for the time being.

Do people still play BF:BC2?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:48 am 

immessedup17 wrote:
Call of Duty is not inferior...at least not the MW series. They are different types of shooters.

Bad Company is a letdown compared to the true Battlefield series though. I wish we would get some concrete info on Battlefield 3.

In my opinion CoD as a multiplayer game is inferior to BC and BF. Battlefield was awesome, up to 64 players, jets, tanks, stuff and large maps that were well constructed. The "field commander" with a tactical top down map was neat if the team actually worked together. BC was really good as well. I guess CoD/MW is just too annoying for me now to play with anyone other than Xbox Live friends, I always get stuck with teams who don't know what the fuck is going on and lose a Demo match in the first 45 seconds. Black Ops especially, hit detection is laggy, maps are small and the spawning is terrible. I can have my sights on a guys chest, pull the trigger first, nothing hits him and he kills me in what seems like 1 shot. Still fun, but really getting on my nerves.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:02 pm 

I kinda have a hard time with the "Bad Company is a letdown compared to the true Battlefield series" comment. The Battlefield series has always been a great one. Bad Company introduced probably the best gamechanging technology in a FPS ever... the Frostbite destruction engine. I genuinely feel that DICE really upped the game with Bad Company. Maybe the changes weren't to your liking, but I thought they really improved the game. To have maps this big and with minimal lag, I think that is truly impressive. The class systems are balanced and the vehicles aren't too overpowering (unless you happen to be one of those rare helicopter masters!).

It is a very different game than COD. My good friends that game are all Infinity Ward COD fans. I think that if you are used to racking up 30 kills in a game, then you will be disappointed in this game. But if you like working together and developing a strategy unique to the map and the skills of the class you choose, then this game can be lots of fun.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:05 pm 

Yes. No. And yes.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:18 pm 

I had it awhile ago. Haven't played Battlefield 2 in long time. I remember it was revolutionary because it was one of the first titles to have full voice support right out of the box. That was super cool at the time. I hear what you are saying about the epic feel of the original series. I don't think, however, you'd be able to accomplish that without giving up the graphics and the interesting topography of BC series. If you played Battlefield 2 now, I think you'd be extremely disappointed at how flat it is. The Bad Company maps (BC1, BC2, and BC2 Vietnam) have much more interesting maps, in my opinion. I'd gladly give up some of the players and some map size to get more interesting maps and the destruction engine.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:01 pm 

BF2 was for my PC, but BC2 is on the Xbox 360. I've switched to a Mac laptop now. No more PC gaming for me.

Last edited by My_name_1s_MUD on Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:22 pm 

This is from a buddy who I used to play BF2 with... sounds like he agrees with you, IMU:
"I'm kind of in that boat, always felt that the maps for Bad Company were too small (for Conquest at least), but I never hated Bad Company or DICE for it. Bad Company is a departure from the traditional Battlefield games, and I knew this before the first game was released. I just miss the days of huge, open maps that don't require my team to destroy an objective to move forward. Here's hoping that Battlefield 3 will bring those maps back!"

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:06 pm 

Agreed. BF2 definitely didn't work if you didn't have some level of coordination. You noticed pretty quick if you had a team that was working together or not. I wonder if they could even do a console version of BF2 successfully given the server issues.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
- Fortunate Son

:lol:

That's someone going out of their way to find something wrong with the game...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:24 pm 

My_name_1s_MUD wrote:
Agreed. BF2 definitely didn't work if you didn't have some level of coordination. You noticed pretty quick if you had a team that was working together or not. I wonder if they could even do a console version of BF2 successfully given the server issues.

They did. Battlefield 2: Modern Combat I believe the title was. It was the same game minus some of the more intricate team work stuff, it was capped at 16 players and the maps were smaller.