It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 9:48 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Other than the first day, which had all the Red Dead DLC discounted (which sadly I didn't pull the trigger on...:() there really hasn't been a lot worth mentioning.

However, today, three of the DLC packs for Mass Effect 2 are priced a 200 MS Points...Lair of the Shadow Broker, Overlord, and Kasumi: Stolen Memory.

I've queued all three up to my account...looks like I'll be getting back into Mass Effect 2 again once Red Dead is done...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
I hate that Double Dragon is not available anymore unless you happen to have downloaded it prior to 2009 and you are connected to XBLA...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:54 pm 

spmack wrote:
I hate that Double Dragon is not available anymore unless you happen to have downloaded it prior to 2009 and you are connected to XBLA...

Did you buy it before they pulled it?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:56 pm 

lipidquadcab wrote:
spmack wrote:

Yes, but I don't have a network adapter...(maybe I should buy one, huh), so the only time I can play is if I hook my xbox up to the internet.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:57 pm 

spmack wrote:
lipidquadcab wrote:
spmack wrote:

Yes, but I don't have a network adapter...(maybe I should buy one, huh), so the only time I can play is if I hook my xbox up to the internet.

Odd...have you changed Xbox's or hard drives since you bought it? Otherwise, you should be able to play it offline.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:01 pm 

Lipid, its something that is a known thing....the company who was producing it (Empire or something) went bankrupt so they pulled it....the only way you can still play the full game is if you bought it before hand, and you are signed into XBLA....otherwise you can only play the demo version.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:02 pm 

spmack wrote:
Lipid, its something that is a known thing....the company who was producing it (Empire or something) went bankrupt so they pulled it....the only way you can still play the full game is if you bought it before hand, and you are signed into XBLA....otherwise you can only play the demo version.

Lipid is such a noob.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:04 pm 

spmack wrote:

I'm well aware of games getting pulled...I just didn't realize that you had to be connected to play it still...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:04 pm 

pizza_Place: *
lipidquadcab wrote:
spmack wrote:

I'm well aware of games getting pulled...I just didn't realize that you had to be connected to play it still...

Yeah, it doesn't make sense :?

No traces of you, what can I do?
Alone and confused

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:05 pm 

Bottom line is, I need to quit being a cheap ass and buy a 50 dollar network card.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:07 pm 

spmack wrote:
Bottom line is, I need to quit being a cheap ass and buy a 50 dollar network card.

Well, sure, but that would piss me off.

I know if sucks when the internet goes out and I'm limited to what games I can play because most of them were downloaded on another Xbox, thus I can only play them offline on that box (which I've since sold) and I've already transfered the licenses to another Xbox (which I've also sold)...pretty sure they only let you transfer licenses once a year unless there are extraordinary circumstances...

...ugh...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:07 am 

Last day of deals...Limbo is only 800 points today...I'm picking that up...there's also a free theme available today...

...this was a pretty underwhelming year of deals, but whatever...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
I figure you know, but by the way that you phrased the initial post lipid, you can still take advantage of any and all the deals until tomorrow - so you can still get the RDR pack you wanted.

It did seem like a somewhat "m'eh" group of things, though I did pick up the Hydro Boat Racing thing at 67% off (that will pass a little time here and there) ... I thought I had gotten something else, but I just looked at my d/l history and, in fact, that was it. Man, it really was a shitty offering after all! :(

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:15 pm 

Don Tiny wrote:
I figure you know, but by the way that you phrased the initial post lipid, you can still take advantage of any and all the deals until tomorrow - so you can still get the RDR pack you wanted.

It did seem like a somewhat "m'eh" group of things, though I did pick up the Hydro Boat Racing thing at 67% off (that will pass a little time here and there) ... I thought I had gotten something else, but I just looked at my d/l history and, in fact, that was it. Man, it really was a shitty offering after all! :(

I'll have to go back and look at the prices, but the RDR packs seemed to be normal price...800 for the individual packs and 1600 for all three together...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:54 pm 

Yeah, I dug up the post from Major Nelson when the RDR packs were discounted and the prices were anywhere from 25 to 50 percent lower...

...just as well though...I'm going to make it a point to start playing more games this coming year, so I think I'm going to put down RDR for a while, as good as that DLC might be...