It is currently Tue Jun 11, 2024 5:27 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 230 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:32 am 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
I even get sidetracked from the side missions. Hunting is the worst, I know the skins are worth jack shit compared to story missions and other things, but I just gotta get that perfect pelt anytime I see one.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:42 am 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
shakes wrote:
IMU wrote:
I got to the beginning of Chapter 3 in my first playthrough before I restart to fix the missing people in camp bug. Now I'll soon be done with Chapter 2.

that bug is ridiculous. I'm pretty sure I don't have it as I've seen both John and Abigail in camp, but haven't gotten the fishing mission from John so a little nervous.

Hvae you just been doing story stuff or have you been doing all the side activity as well?

The fishing mission is late in Chapter 2. I wouldn't worry yet.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
KDdidit wrote:
I even get sidetracked from the side missions. Hunting is the worst, I know the skins are worth jack shit compared to story missions and other things, but I just gotta get that perfect pelt anytime I see one.

I got the last satchel Pearson makes just at the end of Chapter 2, and it has made playing so much better. I don't have to worry about my tonics being limited at the cost of space for valuables or other crafting materials or hair pomade, I pick up whatever I want and go on my merry way.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
I think I may have killed a hooker.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
leashyourkids wrote:

Congratulations.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:02 pm 

Cashman wrote:
https://www.unilad.co.uk/gaming/red-dead-redemption-2-players-keep-killing-feminists-in-the-game/

LOL

Holy shit YouTube took down the video, deleted the guy's channel, then after outcry reinstated it.

https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/arti ... demption-2

For beating up a digital suffragette in a video game where you can kill humans and animals at will. It's just kids on college campuses.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:32 pm 

Let's keep the video game threads out of the politics section.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:43 pm 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

Congratulations.

Thank you. It wasn't anything extravagant. I just blew her head off at the bar.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
leashyourkids wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

Congratulations.

Fat Fish Pub on Broad street?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:03 pm 

Drunk Squirrel wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

Congratulations.

Fish Fat Pub on Board Street. They serve nothing but fish guts.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:25 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:
Drunk Squirrel wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

Congratulations.

Fish Fat Pub on Board Street. They serve nothing but fish guts.

And sadness.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:19 pm 

I don't have the patience to go after that many perfect hides.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:14 am 

IMU wrote:

It's actually not as daunting a task as you think. Every satchel he makes requires a perfect deer pelt and one other pelt, I think, so that really limits the varied amount of pelts you need to find. Three of the animals whose pelts you need have nests surrounding the campsite in Chapter 2 (Badger, Squirrel and Raccoon, I believe), and a few others cluster around Lake Owanjila to the West of Strawberry.

The toughest time I had was in understanding how weapon/ammo and animal type come together to determine pelt quality. Took me forever to figure out how to make Small Game Arrows and to realize I actually needed the Varmint Rifle. But once you have those down as well as a grasp of using Eagle and Dead Eye to hunt, it shouldn't be that bad. The extra space is definitely worth it.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:55 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Got the guide book yesterday. Holy shit, it's bigger than a law school text book. Started reading it yesterday, already finding some interesting stuff in there I didn't know about in terms of just the basic controls.

Seeing the mission structure flow chart helps a lot. Now I can tell how much more I have to do in chapter 2.

Took a quick glace at the maps in the book that show all the collectible locations. Holy shit, there's like a million of them. Not gonna use the guide for that as I'm gonna try to find stuff organically first, but just seeing the sheer number of stuff to find is quite impressive.

Later today I'm gonna tackle the mission with Javiar. It's the only mission I have left that's available, but I see that I should've done it earlier cause it should trigger a few other chapter 2 missions.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:28 pm 

If Micah's mission in Chapter 2 is up be sure to do it. It gives you an extra holster so you can dual wield pistols and small shotguns.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:40 pm 

Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
IMU wrote:

It's actually not as daunting a task as you think. Every satchel he makes requires a perfect deer pelt and one other pelt, I think, so that really limits the varied amount of pelts you need to find. Three of the animals whose pelts you need have nests surrounding the campsite in Chapter 2 (Badger, Squirrel and Raccoon, I believe), and a few others cluster around Lake Owanjila to the West of Strawberry.

The toughest time I had was in understanding how weapon/ammo and animal type come together to determine pelt quality. Took me forever to figure out how to make Small Game Arrows and to realize I actually needed the Varmint Rifle. But once you have those down as well as a grasp of using Eagle and Dead Eye to hunt, it shouldn't be that bad. The extra space is definitely worth it.

I did not know any of that. You've been helpful. I won't wish you to DIAF for at least the next week. Thanks.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:12 pm 

still taking my time through Chapter 2. Not getting a lot of playtime this week with work, hockey and my obsession with watching college and NBA basketball. Been reading the book, lots of good info in there.

Do you guys know if you can get credit for doing challenges out or order or do you need to complete each stage before getting credit for things you do relating to different stages? For instance, I'm in challeng 2 of the Gambler, I think it has to do with the 5 finger game. Later on there is a gambler challenge where you have to bust out a poker player at 3 different locations. If I go play poker now and bust someone out do I get challenge credit for that or do I have to first complete all the stages that come before the poker bust out stage?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:21 pm 

I think it needs to be done in order based on my lack of progression on new tasks I'm pretty sure I would have previously done

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:32 am 

Made my way to chapter 3 last night. But, still haven't crafted anything or done any real hunting or fishing. I did go out and buy the varmit rifle so gonna take a break from the story and try and get a bunch of perfect pelts so I can start crafting some things.

Here is a question: To craft stuff do I need to first donate the supplies to Pearson at camp or do I need to keep the stuff in my possession to craft?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:36 am 

shakes wrote:
Made my way to chapter 3 last night. But, still haven't crafted anything or done any real hunting or fishing. I did go out and buy the varmit rifle so gonna take a break from the story and try and get a bunch of perfect pelts so I can start crafting some things.

Here is a question: To craft stuff do I need to first donate the supplies to Pearson at camp or do I need to keep the stuff in my possession to craft?

You need to donate the pelt to Pearson first, then it will be available to use in crafting. The guide you bought should have a nifty chart that shows you what kind of weapon you need to use for each pelt. I recommend going to the big lake West of Strawberry. It's where you'll be able to find smatterings of a bunch of animal types you need. But watch out, the Elk will charge you.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:55 pm 

got into some hunting this weekend. Crafted an upgraded satchel. Been playing a month and still haven't been to St. Denis.

next up I'm gonna try and find an Arabian horse.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:12 pm 

I created my online dude and got through the first 15 minutrs or so, but I'm going to wait to get into it until I'm done with the story and epilogue.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:44 pm 

The hunting has really side tracked me. Just need to go grab the cougar pelt though and I’ll be done with the satchels and then I’ll progress the story. Or I’ll go hunt all the legendaries and make the trapper gear.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:49 pm 

I can't get a perfect Panther pelt. The only place I can find them...every time it is only one Panther and it is a 1* or 2* Panther, and I never get the lucky upgrade to 3* pelt from the trinket.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:28 am 

I went looking for the Arabian and screwed it up. Treked out to the far northwest corner of the map. Got there and immediately ran face to face with a 3 star moose so I decided to kill it. Out of the corner of my eye I saw the Arabian in the distance running around. Killed the moose, tagged and bagged the pelt and then turned around to find the Arabian and it was gone. Looked everywhere in the area, nothing.

drove all the way back to camp and dropped off the pelt.

Question about hunting.....

Can i only store one pelt at a time on my horse? If so, is there anyway to work around that or do you have to return back to camp every time you have a perfect pelt? Is there a faster way to get to camp? I can fast travel from camp to places that are close to hunting grounds, but to get back it's a 10 minute ride sometimes. Anyway to do that quicker that I'm not thinking of?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:54 am 

shakes wrote:
I went looking for the Arabian and screwed it up. Treked out to the far northwest corner of the map. Got there and immediately ran face to face with a 3 star moose so I decided to kill it. Out of the corner of my eye I saw the Arabian in the distance running around. Killed the moose, tagged and bagged the pelt and then turned around to find the Arabian and it was gone. Looked everywhere in the area, nothing.

drove all the way back to camp and dropped off the pelt.

Question about hunting.....

Can i only store one pelt at a time on my horse? If so, is there anyway to work around that or do you have to return back to camp every time you have a perfect pelt? Is there a faster way to get to camp? I can fast travel from camp to places that are close to hunting grounds, but to get back it's a 10 minute ride sometimes. Anyway to do that quicker that I'm not thinking of?

You can only store one 'big' pelt on your horse at a time. I believe you can store unlimited pelts of the ones that you unfold and lay out as 'blankets' on the rump of your horse. You can take a stage or train back to a town near your current camp. Since pelts count as "horse storage" you shouldn't lose them as your horse comes with you back to where you travel to.

I personally just go to cinematic camera and auto-follow the trail back to camp. I try to remain close to the controller in case a random event pops up.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:53 pm 

You can also steal a second horse while hunting it to carry two large animals or carcasses. Your owned horse will follow your whistle while you ride the stolen one. Kind of a pain but I did it once when some guy mouthed off to me when I said hello and I antagonized back and he pulled s gun.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:32 pm 

Drunk Squirrel wrote:
You can also steal a second horse while hunting it to carry two large animals or carcasses. Your owned horse will follow your whistle while you ride the stolen one. Kind of a pain but I did it once when some guy mouthed off to me when I said hello and I antagonized back and he pulled s gun.

I guess I should stop head shotting all the horses after I rob and murder their riders. Been killing the horses too so I can loot the saddle bags easy and also cause I'm allergic to horses so fuck them.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:32 pm 

IMU wrote:
I can't get a perfect Panther pelt. The only place I can find them...every time it is only one Panther and it is a 1* or 2* Panther, and I never get the lucky upgrade to 3* pelt from the trinket.

This seems to be my cougar situation as well

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:22 pm 

gonna try and load up on deer pelts, seems like you need a lot of those for crafting.

you guys tried online yet? Online isn't for me, but it sounds pretty cool. Know some guys on a different site who are putting together a posse tonight to go rob a train. Also heard that if you kill or get killed by the same person 3 times online the game forces the two of you to have a parlay. how funny is that?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 230 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next