It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:43 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Civilization 6
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Ok I don't know if I can make it a few more games before going back to Civ 5...it seems if you get more than a couple AI together they all start acting like idiots.

Norway: nice to meet you!
Brazil: nice to meet you!
Norway: your navy sucks!
Brazil: your government is a joke!
Norway: let's go to war with Brazil! (ok)
Brazil: FUCK YOU!

After marching all my troops to Brazil, he decides to make peace with them

Norway: you have a lot of troops near my borders! (no shit Shirlock)

a few turns later

Norway: I THOUGHT YOU SAID YOUR TROOPS WERE JUST PASSING THRU?!?! (Denounced...why Sid Meier, why?)

I make peace with Brazil

Brazil: your government sucks!

a few turns later

Brazil: your government is great!
Norway: FUCK YOU. THIS IS WAR!!!
Arabia: Hey I just met you and this is crazy, but here's my Allah, so Ackbar maybe? (Joint war with Norway, because why the fuck not)

a few turns later, I make short work of Oslo

Norway: so, we should make peace...and give me that city back? Here's a bunch of shit.

PEACE WITH NORWAY AND ARABIA!!!

Brazil: THE WORLD MUST KNOW WHAT YOU HAVE DONE!!! (Denounced...because reasons)
Brazil: My civilization is going to make so many great people....like all the great people....they are going to do great things...believe me...BELIEVE. ME.
Brazil: Your government sucks!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:24 am 

pizza_Place: Lou's, Pequod's
FavreFan wrote:
VI is a lot better than Beyond Earth but V was the high point of this franchise IMO. It's pretty much a perfect game.

I think 5 BNW is fine enough, but had a glaring problems for me. The ideal build is 4-6 cities... due to the global happiness mechanic. Forget that, I want my empire spanning the globe, cities everywhere. And the Social Policy tree is just too damn rigid.

6 currently has broken AI, you can overrun your entire continent, even on Deity, with about 6 archers and a couple melee units.
That being said, as soon as the SDK comes out, I anticipate modders being able to address things. There's a mod called AI+ which is actually quite decent, especially considering what we have to work with right now. Someone is going to develop an omnibus AI mod eventually, it took Civ 5 about 3-4 years and two major expansions to really hit it's stride. I kind of don't like the direction that Firaxis/gaming in general is going, but that's not going to change at this point. I quit playing daily, but I expect to check back in a year or so and anticipate a much more polished game. I don't consider the $60 or so I spent to be money poorly spent. The game and community are going to get better.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:28 am 

lipidquadcab wrote:
Ok I don't know if I can make it a few more games before going back to Civ 5...it seems if you get more than a couple AI together they all start acting like idiots.

Norway: nice to meet you!
Brazil: nice to meet you!
Norway: your navy sucks!
Brazil: your government is a joke!
Norway: let's go to war with Brazil! (ok)
Brazil: FUCK YOU!

After marching all my troops to Brazil, he decides to make peace with them

Norway: you have a lot of troops near my borders! (no shit Shirlock)

a few turns later

Norway: I THOUGHT YOU SAID YOUR TROOPS WERE JUST PASSING THRU?!?! (Denounced...why Sid Meier, why?)

I make peace with Brazil

Brazil: your government sucks!

a few turns later

Brazil: your government is great!
Norway: FUCK YOU. THIS IS WAR!!!
Arabia: Hey I just met you and this is crazy, but here's my Allah, so Ackbar maybe? (Joint war with Norway, because why the fuck not)

a few turns later, I make short work of Oslo

Norway: so, we should make peace...and give me that city back? Here's a bunch of shit.

PEACE WITH NORWAY AND ARABIA!!!

Brazil: THE WORLD MUST KNOW WHAT YOU HAVE DONE!!! (Denounced...because reasons)
Brazil: My civilization is going to make so many great people....like all the great people....they are going to do great things...believe me...BELIEVE. ME.
Brazil: Your government sucks!!!

:lol:
Yeah diplomacy and agendas are kind of a mess. I just ignore all of them at this point, and only keep 1 rival friendly, so I have a trade partner. Everyone else is going to get eventually overrun. Civ 6 definitely favors early and frequent aggression. No more 3 huge city turtling science victories..... BOOOORRRINGG

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:33 am 

pizza_Place: Fasano's
Not sure but will probably go back to 5. Like stated above the AI is quite dumb.

There are already mods out for 6 nothing has fixed the AI as far as I can tell as of yet.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:49 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Agreed about the AI w/ the other civs, but I've always found Civ to be that way. One minute, the Mongolians are complimenting my military strength, and the next they're calling me a pussy and telling me to watch who I associate with.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:55 am 

Cleopatra is downright bipolar, but I do enjoy looking at her juggy animation.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Based on my experience Gandhi is the biggest pain in the balls in VI. Fuck his missionaries.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
FavreFan wrote:
Based on my experience Gandhi is the biggest pain in the balls in VI. Fuck his missionaries.

It's also strange to see Gandhi talk shit to you doing war.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:41 pm 

FavreFan wrote:

Park cheap inquisitors on your holy sites. They are damn near invincible. you can also move your military troops around and block them from all the city center hexes.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:56 pm 

Fuck this bullshit...never was able to form a religion because all the great prophets were claimed (2 for 4 Civs? Fuck that) and then when I was turns away from a scientific victory Brazil spreads their religion to the final Civ.

If it's going to be one of the four ways to win (and the fucking bullshit easiest one at that) then it sure as hell better be available to the majority if not all of the Civs.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:04 pm 

That's kind of odd. Should have been 3 prophets in a 4 civ game.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
There really is no way to catch up if you suffer any sort of loss in the first 50 or so turns. Even fighting a war where you just keep the status quo can be crippling, which would not be as much of a problem if it were at all possible to play peacefully. The religion stuff is just a broken mess, the best use for missionaries is to just inundate a Civs tiles with them and shut down their ability to move anything within their borders. Not that you even want to bother with religion because the turn investment just to get one of the "spots" leaves you completely at the mercy of barbs or any opportunistic opponent.

I'll come back to this after the first expansion, which I'm sure will fix most of the problems as is customary with these games.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
lipidquadcab wrote:
Fuck this bullshit...never was able to form a religion because all the great prophets were claimed (2 for 4 Civs? Fuck that) and then when I was turns away from a scientific victory Brazil spreads their religion to the final Civ.

If it's going to be one of the four ways to win (and the fucking bullshit easiest one at that) then it sure as hell better be available to the majority if not all of the Civs.

lurn2play

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:29 pm 

America wrote:
There really is no way to catch up if you suffer any sort of loss in the first 50 or so turns. Even fighting a war where you just keep the status quo can be crippling, which would not be as much of a problem if it were at all possible to play peacefully. The religion stuff is just a broken mess, the best use for missionaries is to just inundate a Civs tiles with them and shut down their ability to move anything within their borders. Not that you even want to bother with religion because the turn investment just to get one of the "spots" leaves you completely at the mercy of barbs or any opportunistic opponent.

I'll come back to this after the first expansion, which I'm sure will fix most of the problems as is customary with these games.

You must really suck at taking cities. Even at Deity, if you can get to turn 100 and have a core of 6+ cities, it doesn't matter how far you are behind. The AI isn't particularly good at placing their districts and a well-built empire with commerce hubs, internal trade routes and any sort of standing army will be in good shape. Now whether or not that's a fun game to you, is another question. Most people seem to just like curb-stomping everyone in science, but it's best to describe that crowd as casuals.
All that being said, the diplomacy is broken, religious units need their own layer. Try Kongo if you don't like religion. Regardless, it's understandable to just take a break until an expansion or two, IIRC Civ 5 had a very similar developmental cycle. No sense playing a game that isn't fun. I use a few mods that have kept me around including the AI+ mod, YNaMP packs, Moar units, and the CQUI among others.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:09 pm 

Australia Civ announced. Can't say I saw that coming. It feels weird to have these colonial civs like Australia and Brazil in the game, when historically powerful civs like Persia, Ottomans, Mongols, Portuguese, Dutch, Khmers, Korea, etc. are missing.

First Look: Australia

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:10 pm 

Expansion packs, bruh.

Major Civs are always missing from the base game.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:18 pm 

Valid point. Their first two DLC civs Poland and Australia (not to mention the inclusion of Brazil in the base game) are in markets they clearly care about. That being said, they must have something big for Korea, as the gaming market there is huge.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:19 pm 

Which Kim Jong will be leader?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:27 pm 

I'm assuming you are making a joke, as you know they can't do that. The game would literally not be allowed to be sold in Korea. I prefer Korea as a medieval civ, like most of the previous iterations.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:45 am 

The latest update and the Australia pack are live. Steam Workshop support finally added in. Changed some of the tech tree stuff to make strategic resources appear prior to the tech that lets you build the units that use them.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:45 am 

lipidquadcab wrote:
The latest update and the Australia pack are live. Steam Workshop support finally added in. Changed some of the tech tree stuff to make strategic resources appear prior to the tech that lets you build the units that use them.

I'll probably start my third Civ 6 game this weekend then. Hoping the AI has been at least incrementally improved.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
Apologist wrote:
I'm assuming you are making a joke, as you know they can't do that. The game would literally not be allowed to be sold in Korea. I prefer Korea as a medieval civ, like most of the previous iterations.

It should be a Samsung executive.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:04 pm 

IMU wrote:
lipidquadcab wrote:

I'll probably start my third Civ 6 game this weekend then. Hoping the AI has been at least incrementally improved.

I started a game as the Aussies this morning and used the new (to Civ VI) geographically accurate starts world map...the ability to do a culture bomb every time you build a pasture is pretty great. Also helps when you have an entire large landmass that can easily sustain five cities to yourself.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:24 am 

lipidquadcab wrote:
IMU wrote:
lipidquadcab wrote:

I started a game as the Aussies this morning and used the new (to Civ VI) geographically accurate starts world map...the ability to do a culture bomb every time you build a pasture is pretty great. Also helps when you have an entire large landmass that can easily sustain five cities to yourself.

Try them on the YNAMP maps. Uluru, Great Barrier Reef... if you build the Petra in your Uluru city the desert Outback station/Uluru/Petra tiles are amazing.

The AI is much better. They seem to update their units, I actually had Ghandi bombing me with planes (fortunately, he didn't have any uranium)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:08 pm 

Rumor has that Theo Epstein will be a DLC leader for America in Civilization 6.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:14 pm 

IMU wrote:
Rumor has that Theo Epstein will be a DLC leader for America in Civilization 6.

Not sure I really like his unique leader ability though...

The Plan - Every battle you lose grants a small chance of triggering a Eureka.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
The barbs really are out of control in this game. It's fucking ridiculous. Just had to give up on a game because on Turn 39 I had 4 horsemen, two crossbowmen, and two scout barbarians all up in my shit. How the fuck you supposed to deal with that?

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:01 am 

Don't send your starting warrior too far, and first few builds should be slinger-slinger

Farvio, you played any of the new factions? Australia is super good with their OP coastal districts, Macedon is very good at continuous war, and Persia is also good at war and super fun. I feel like they make the DLC civs OP, then nerf them a bit later...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:06 pm 

https://youtu.be/lmYH3G0DIUQ

Nubia confirmed

Damn, she thicccc

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
I haven't bought VI yet, but does Ghandi still nuke everyone?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next