It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:58 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 203 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Pokemon Go
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
IMU wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
Any of you twats gonna give me a rundown on this thing at some point?

Meet up with FF and I tomorrow.

Lets do Friday. Leash was being a vag about going out tomorrow

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
FavreFan wrote:
IMU wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:

I'll consider somewhere closer than Cleveland or wherever the hell we were last time. I don't care, it's the jalopy that doesn't like trips of any particular length.

That said if you can't explain it in a couple of sentences, it's probably awful.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:30 pm 

pizza_Place: pizza and subs
IMU wrote:
15? wtf?

How do you even get enough pokeballs for that?

we got a park by work that has like 6 pokestops within a 100 yd radius. 3 gyms. you just walk around.

the key is to not evolve/hatch eggs/anything that gives you XP until you use a lucky egg. it doubles everything. yesterday in 10 minutes i went from 9 to a 13.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:38 pm 

pizza_Place: ------
hnd wrote:
IMU wrote:
15? wtf?

we got a park by work that has like 6 pokestops within a 100 yd radius. 3 gyms. you just walk around.

the key is to not evolve/hatch eggs/anything that gives you XP until you use a lucky egg. it doubles everything. yesterday in 10 minutes i went from 9 to a 13.

Damn no way a 9 to a 13? Shit is about to get lit dawg.

Chus wrote:
RPB is right. You suck. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:40 pm 

hnd wrote:
IMU wrote:
15? wtf?

Once more around, pal ... sounds like pops and buzzes from here.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
FavreFan wrote:
IMU wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:

Friday may not work. I'll let you know when I know.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:58 am 

Wasted about 20 Pokeballs and a Razz Berry on a 415 CP Golbat before it ran away like a pussy. I connected with at least like 10 of them but he broke out each time.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:55 am 

wasted 8 superballs and razzberrys on a 800 pidgeot before it ran away.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:56 am 

both of the gyms by my house are now level 6 gyms. still beatable but only by someone with multiple 1000+ characters. and its pretty well divided by pokemon types.

omg what am i doing with my life.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:17 am 

hnd wrote:
both of the gyms by my house are now level 6 gyms. still beatable but only by someone with multiple 1000+ characters. and its pretty well divided by pokemon types.

omg what am i doing with my life.

You think you got it bad? I'm thinking of knocking up the girl I'm seeing so in three years I'll have a legitimate excuse to walk around parks catching em all.

I want to be the very best.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:13 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Many hunters out last night during my run.

There was a 10 year on a mini scooter. The kid was flying around the neighborhood all night, and I almost hit him with my car on my way home from work. He was still out there when I went running around 9:00. Assessment: the kid has no friends.

There was a car running along the sidewalk with kids scattered everywhere. Some dumb teenager was hogging the path looking down at her phone. When I yelled ahead that I was coming up behind her, she did not acknowledge my presence at any point. Assessment: Way too engrossed in the hunt.

But worst of all, was a guy with his mini van parked along the road.He was down in a swamp ravine in the entrance to one of those large concrete sewers. I saw a flash light. I wondered what the dip shit was up to because he would have encountered lots of mosquitoes. Assessment: Too old for this shit.

And there was a suspected hunter, but I wasn't sure. It was a 30 year old bearded white guy. He was walking along the side walk suspiciously with a water bottle and a cell phone. I think he had just finished his hunt, but I wasn't sure. I have never seen him on the path before, so he was clearly fresh meat. Either he has just started walking around the neighborhood or he is a hunter. Assessment: It's ok to be gay, but it's not ok to hunt pokemons at your age.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:45 am 

I got into an argument last night with a friend of mine over this. This is someone who I would normally consider a pretty rational person. He was saying there's absolutely nothing wrong with stopping dead in the middle of a road if nobody is behind you or pulling over on a shoulder to catch a Pokemon. He's got like a bunch of 1000+ cp guys already. Insanity.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:49 am 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
denisdman wrote:
a 30 year old bearded white guy. I have never seen him on the path before, so he was clearly fresh meat. .

were you playing pokemon or pokey-man?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:05 am 

Hussra wrote:
denisdman wrote:
a 30 year old bearded white guy. I have never seen him on the path before, so he was clearly fresh meat. .

were you playing pokemon or pokey-man?

Rofl. The guy was probably into both.

I expect I will see more of this garbage on future runs.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:06 am 

denisdman wrote:

A guy walking on a sidewalk with a water bottle and cell phone? :lol:

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:12 am 

IMU wrote:
I'm thinking of knocking up the girl I'm seeing so in three years I'll have a legitimate excuse to walk around parks catching em all.

Her pimp would likely disapprove.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:16 am 

People need to calm down over this crap. Two years ago, 2 months ago, 2 weeks ago, and now there were/are people walking down the sidewalk while on their phone, or texting while driving, or , or ,or, and it had nothing to do with the game. Now, it's always "the evil Pokemon Go is ruining the world we live in!" There is one story in the news about kids being targeted in Missouri (St Louis maybe?) and having their phones stolen while playing the game. Everyone picked up the story and ran with it about how terrified we should all be for our kids because they are spending time outside. No mention in any of the stories about how there are probably 500 phones (that number could be low???) stolen everyday.

My kids love the game, and they have been riding their bikes around town so much the week that it seems like they are training for the Tour de France. I actually had to text my son this morning to tell him he had to STAY IN the house until his sister got home from a friends house. I love that.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:17 am 

FavreFan wrote:
denisdman wrote:

A guy walking on a sidewalk with a water bottle and cell phone? :lol:

Uh not exactly. The types of activities described in my post above, you know the four stories.

The 30 year old bearded guy was just a suspect. I am 90% sure he was hunting, and was embarrassed when he saw me, so he made it look like he was on a walk for exercise. I think he separated from his boyfriend, but I don't know for sure.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:19 am 

casual fan wrote:

My kids love the game, and they have been riding their bikes around town so much the week that it seems like they are training for the Tour de France. I actually had to text my son this morning to tell him he had to STAY IN the house until his sister got home from a friends house. I love that.

I'm good with that. But when you have a 50 year guy exploring the sewer at night, kids being driven all over the neighborhood in mommy's car, and a 10 year riding a motorized scooter in the middle of the street, then I think it is a bigger problem. One week ago, none of this happened in my neighborhood. There were four distinct groups out last night after the sun went down.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
denisdman wrote:
casual fan wrote:

I'm good with that. But when you have a 50 year guy exploring the sewer at night, kids being driven all over the neighborhood in mommy's car, and a 10 year riding a motorized scooter in the middle of the street, then I think it is a bigger problem. One week ago, none of this happened in my neighborhood. There were four distinct groups out last night after the sun went down.

Pokemon Go seems to be making Americans active again and getting them out of the house.

Dennis hates ambulatory Americans!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:07 pm 

As a gamer myself, I understand the addiction. It's just the new behaviors going on in my neighborhood that I need to adjust to.

I really don't care that much- live and let live.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:07 pm 

I'm a white, bearded 30-year old. :(

#wb30yolivesmatter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:20 pm 

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/Two-Men-Fall-Down-Cliff-While-Playing-Pokemon-Go-386743551.html

Two men fell off a cliff Wednesday in San Diego's North County while playing "Pokemon Go," the Encinitas Fire Department confirmed.

San Diego Lifeguards reported that someone had fallen off a cliff at E Street around 1:12 p.m. When the Encinitas Fire Department arrived, they found a man around 80 to 90 feet down the cliff, on the beach.

Crews found a second man who was unconscious about 50 feet down the cliff.

Both men were taken to Scripps La Jolla Hospital. The extent of their injuries was unknown.

A sign posted on the fence warns the public that the bluffs are unstable but the men had climbed over to find a character in the popular video game, according to the San Diego County Sheriff's Department.

"Pokemon Go" opens with a warning to players to be aware of their surroundings, but that hasn't stopped reports of accidents across the country since the "augmented reality" game's July 6 release.

There have been several disturbing stories connected to the popular game.

In Wyoming, a woman found a dead body floating in a river. Then, in San Francisco, a brother and sister had their phones stolen while playing the game. Similar crimes have been reported elsewhere.

Ankle injuries, mishaps with revolving doors and walking into trees have also been reported. In Long Island, New York, for example, a graduate student injured himself falling off a skateboard and a Maine woman reported twisting her ankle because she was distracted.

And then there are the embarrassing incidents like the players in Pennsylvania who found themselves locked in a cemetery after closing.

Of course, some Pokemon trainers have gone "above and beyond." Take, for example, the Michigan man who stumbled on an intoxicated woman behind the wheel of her still-moving vehicle.

In Fullerton, California, two veteran U.S. Marines were playing "Pokemon Go" and helped nab a man wanted for attempted murder and other crimes, police said.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:20 pm 

Don Tiny wrote:
hnd wrote:
IMU wrote:
15? wtf?

Once more around, pal ... sounds like pops and buzzes from here.

you've got your explanation in the DB forum.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:30 pm 

hnd wrote:
you've got your explanation in the DB forum.

You're a good egg.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:31 pm 

denisdman wrote:
As a gamer myself, I understand the addiction. It's just the new behaviors going on in my neighborhood that I need to adjust to.

I really don't care that much- live and let live.

This is how I feel about the Pokemon thing. I guess I just don't understand it much so I am trying to adjust. I waste my time with plenty of other addictive crap though so I get the impulse.

Chus wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:32 pm 

Don Tiny wrote:
http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/Two-Men-Fall-Down-Cliff-While-Playing-Pokemon-Go-386743551.html

Two men fell off a cliff Wednesday in San Diego's North County while playing "Pokemon Go," the Encinitas Fire Department confirmed.

San Diego Lifeguards reported that someone had fallen off a cliff at E Street around 1:12 p.m. When the Encinitas Fire Department arrived, they found a man around 80 to 90 feet down the cliff, on the beach.

Crews found a second man who was unconscious about 50 feet down the cliff.

Both men were taken to Scripps La Jolla Hospital. The extent of their injuries was unknown.

A sign posted on the fence warns the public that the bluffs are unstable but the men had climbed over to find a character in the popular video game, according to the San Diego County Sheriff's Department.

"Pokemon Go" opens with a warning to players to be aware of their surroundings, but that hasn't stopped reports of accidents across the country since the "augmented reality" game's July 6 release.

There have been several disturbing stories connected to the popular game.

In Wyoming, a woman found a dead body floating in a river. Then, in San Francisco, a brother and sister had their phones stolen while playing the game. Similar crimes have been reported elsewhere.

Ankle injuries, mishaps with revolving doors and walking into trees have also been reported. In Long Island, New York, for example, a graduate student injured himself falling off a skateboard and a Maine woman reported twisting her ankle because she was distracted.

And then there are the embarrassing incidents like the players in Pennsylvania who found themselves locked in a cemetery after closing.

Of course, some Pokemon trainers have gone "above and beyond." Take, for example, the Michigan man who stumbled on an intoxicated woman behind the wheel of her still-moving vehicle.

In Fullerton, California, two veteran U.S. Marines were playing "Pokemon Go" and helped nab a man wanted for attempted murder and other crimes, police said.

What did Mel Brooks say about comedy? Tragedy is I have a hang nail. Comedy is you need a Pikachu so fucking bad you drive off of a cliff.

Chus wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:46 pm 

Don Tiny wrote:

You're a good egg.

Phil Harris used that same term to describe me yesterday. Things that make you go hmmmmm.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:51 pm 

Phil McCracken wrote:
What did Mel Brooks say about comedy? Tragedy is I have a hang nail. Comedy is you need a Pikachu so fucking bad you drive off of a cliff.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
http://www.fox5vegas.com/story/32448682 ... -off-cliff

Hussra wrote:

Woman plunges 400 feet to her demise at the Grand Canyon's "OOH AAH" Point;

the last pic found on her cell phone?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 203 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next