It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:21 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 203 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Pokemon Go
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Piece Pizza and Brewery
As if we needed another reason for people to have their faces buried in their phones on crowded sidewalks.

That said, I'm playing and it's kind of cool. Anyone else?

Post subject: Re: Pokemon Go
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:21 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
Downloaded it for our son and it wouldn't work. Went online and saw a lot of early problems with it, one being it's a massive battery hog. Also doesn't have one on one battles. Son said he didn't want it after I told him that.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
I downloaded it. It was a topic of conversation at work today. I haven't touched anything Pokemon in like 17 years...but I'll see what's what.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
Some girl found a dead body in a river while she was looking for a pokemon.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:35 pm 

Where she then caught a Ghastly

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
Ghastly uses Unrelenting Nightmares. It's super effective!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:30 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
I could see this leading to some fucked up shit.

Heard about a game called Ingress yesterday morning where the goal was to capture and hold territory and people were putting up fences and setting up real life booby-traps around portals. :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:25 am 

pizza_Place: Nerdy Nummies
Pika-chu-chu-chu-chu.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:44 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
What exactly is a pokemon?

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:04 pm 

My son has spent the last 3 days riding bikes all over town with his friends to play the game. I'll take that over them hiding in their basements talking through headsets. I guess part of the game requires distance to be traveled to unlocks items. He was working on a 10k challenge when we walked the dogs last night.

I did warn him multiple times about riding his bike straight into a bus because he wants a Pokemon.....

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:23 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Northside_Dan wrote:
As if we needed another reason for people to have their faces buried in their phones on crowded sidewalks.

Just found out about this last night at a graduation party...just when I think this country hits rock bottom gay boyness this shit pops up.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Nerdy Nummies
312player wrote:
Northside_Dan wrote:

Just found out about this last night at a graduation party...just when I think this country hits rock bottom gay boyness this shit pops up.

Ash told me to tell you to fuck off. Pika pika.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Darkside wrote:
What exactly is a pokemon?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFU2HL-PQNo

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:55 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
you know what's equally hilarious/scary about this pokemon go thing? the company behind it has worked for google+government/ish types b4 (i think they might be THE company, if not one of the major players, who came up with (some of?) the software/code/engine that gave us google earth) so they have a history/background/pedigree with doing "official" stuff re: mapping and whatnot.... and now they've got this "game" that's "you know.... for kids!" (- the hudsucker proxy) where they're arbitrarily going to be able to send (up to hordes of) to wherever they want, and if i'm not mistaken you actually "catch" the pokemon by using your camera/function, and when you do so it does some sort of on-the-fly 3D mapping of what it can see through the lens.

so let's say you wanted to REALLY COVERTLY surveil some suspect/business/operation/person/people/entity/whatever. you wanted to put surveillance on something. well now alls you gotta do is pop up some "pokecenter" right by where you want ppl to go, and then kids/casuals of all ages will show up playing pokemon go and using their cameras to search for that dang pokemon, all the while sending back video/GPS location back to the mothership. obviously they're not gonna send a bunch of 8 year olds(dude, eight year olds...) to constantly pop over right outside of scarface's compound or anything, but now they're gonna be able to use these ARGs (Alternate/Reality Games) to have unwitting people brandish their computerphones in a constant video-transmitting state in any areas that "they" decide.

so yeah, maybe some kind of local "smooth operator" drug dealer/operation does a good job of minding its P's and Q's and spotting possible attempts to keep an eye on them..... but now what if you say there's a pokecenter 1-2 houses/buildings down from one of their locations and therefore you've got kids/autists of all types constantly going there all morning/day/night living up to the mantra of "gotta catch em all!" and since the app intrinsically pumps back video from everyone playing it, man, you'll be able to send all kinds of useful idiots out that way to canvas the area with de-facto video surveilence whenever you want..... so if that drug-dealer/operation doesn't have enough paranoia to assume that ANYONE with a computerphone, even a 8 year old little girl, could be keeping an "eye" on them? lol man, who knew that the gub'mint/the-powers-that-be take that whole "gotta catch em all" mantra way more serious than all of us, eh?

TLDR = scary precedent for "gaming" and all kinds of exploitable uses for nefarious surveillance/police/dystopia-state intelligence-gathering.... and just think: if this ends up being some kind of popular (read: if it's at least "popular" enough to have the media kick into overdrive and just keep on endlessly prattling on about how popular and "HUGE!" it is for long enough to have people actually accept that it IS popular/huge, akin to jimmy fallon and the tonight show) then you know our cantankerous clone age is gonna provide like 20-200 different versions of this with all kinds of similar "gameplay" and "ulterior motives/uses"

THE BEST PART = not only is it a proper "Freemium" game (aka "free to play; pay to win") designed to get you hooked and then doling out microtransactions of real-world-$$$ for in-game-currency, but then if you read the EULA/fine-print you'll see that the company can and will compile/disseminate (read: sell) any and all data collected to "third parties" for the purposes of [essentially data-mining and then all the conspiratard "surveillance" stuff i babbled about b4] --- so yeah it's DOUBLY profitable as this company will rake in the dough from every conceivable angle for all the work that YOU aren't just technically doing for free.... but [url=
you're actually PAYING THEM TO DO! fuckin :lol: :lol: :lol: man!

Info on the company that makes Pokemon Go! wrote:
Niantic, Inc. is a software development company best known for the augmented reality mobile games Ingress and Pokémon GO. It was formed by Keyhole, Inc. founder John Hanke in 2010.

Keyhole, Inc., founded in 2001, was a pioneering software development company specializing in geospatial data visualization applications and was acquired by Google in 2004. Initially launched as a spin-off of Intrinsic Graphics, first round funding came from a Sony venture capital fund and others, additional capital came from an NVIDIA bundling deal, from the CIA's venture capital arm In-Q-Tel, with the majority of In-Q-Tel' funds coming from the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency, and from angel investor Brian McClendon (who later came on as a board member and VP). Keyhole's marquee application suite, Earth Viewer, emerged as the highly successful Google Earth application in 2005; other aspects of core technology survive in Google Maps, Google Mobile and the Keyhole Markup Language.

The name "Keyhole" is also a homage to the KH reconnaissance satellites, the original eye-in-the-sky military reconnaissance system now some 50 years old.

John Hanke, CEO – previously worked in "foreign affairs" in Washington DC, Myanmar & Indonesia.

ahh well, it's about that time of the post where most of you [good upstanding people] have skimmed down to in order to avoid reading all the drivel that's contained within my antiquated torture devices formerly known as "paragraphs" and i spose at this juncture we can all just kick back and =] as i confess that this post is simply "sini going tinfoil again" because when you ostensibly lack a proper middle-class-superburban life like i do, that's where you tend to have all this time to sit around and think up nightmare scenarios about some stupid "Pokemon Go!" game (that will likely be a fad that dies out in the next 3-6 months) is a frightening step towards total digiquitous lockdown towards/via martial-law.

but HEY NOW, that's where my good-upstanding C/S/FMB strawmen are busy scoffing at such incredulous nonsense and thinking about what positions they're gonna use when whey lay the pipe in the wifey later on tonight! vodka+redbulls up >> conspiratards down!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:14 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
sinicalypse wrote:
you know what's equally hilarious/scary about this pokemon go thing? the company behind it has worked for google+government/ish types b4 (i think they might be THE company, if not one of the major players, who came up with (some of?) the software/code/engine that gave us google earth) so they have a history/background/pedigree with doing "official" stuff re: mapping and whatnot.... and now they've got this "game" that's "you know.... for kids!" (- the hudsucker proxy) where they're arbitrarily going to be able to send (up to hordes of) to wherever they want, and if i'm not mistaken you actually "catch" the pokemon by using your camera/function, and when you do so it does some sort of on-the-fly 3D mapping of what it can see through the lens.

so let's say you wanted to REALLY COVERTLY surveil some suspect/business/operation/person/people/entity/whatever. you wanted to put surveillance on something. well now alls you gotta do is pop up some "pokecenter" right by where you want ppl to go, and then kids/casuals of all ages will show up playing pokemon go and using their cameras to search for that dang pokemon, all the while sending back video/GPS location back to the mothership. obviously they're not gonna send a bunch of 8 year olds(dude, eight year olds...) to constantly pop over right outside of scarface's compound or anything, but now they're gonna be able to use these ARGs (Alternate/Reality Games) to have unwitting people brandish their computerphones in a constant video-transmitting state in any areas that "they" decide.

so yeah, maybe some kind of local "smooth operator" drug dealer/operation does a good job of minding its P's and Q's and spotting possible attempts to keep an eye on them..... but now what if you say there's a pokecenter 1-2 houses/buildings down from one of their locations and therefore you've got kids/autists of all types constantly going there all morning/day/night living up to the mantra of "gotta catch em all!" and since the app intrinsically pumps back video from everyone playing it, man, you'll be able to send all kinds of useful idiots out that way to canvas the area with de-facto video surveilence whenever you want..... so if that drug-dealer/operation doesn't have enough paranoia to assume that ANYONE with a computerphone, even a 8 year old little girl, could be keeping an "eye" on them? lol man, who knew that the gub'mint/the-powers-that-be take that whole "gotta catch em all" mantra way more serious than all of us, eh?

TLDR = scary precedent for "gaming" and all kinds of exploitable uses for nefarious surveillance/police/dystopia-state intelligence-gathering.... and just think: if this ends up being some kind of popular (read: if it's at least "popular" enough to have the media kick into overdrive and just keep on endlessly prattling on about how popular and "HUGE!" it is for long enough to have people actually accept that it IS popular/huge, akin to jimmy fallon and the tonight show) then you know our cantankerous clone age is gonna provide like 20-200 different versions of this with all kinds of similar "gameplay" and "ulterior motives/uses"

THE BEST PART = not only is it a proper "Freemium" game (aka "free to play; pay to win") designed to get you hooked and then doling out microtransactions of real-world-$$$ for in-game-currency, but then if you read the EULA/fine-print you'll see that the company can and will compile/disseminate (read: sell) any and all data collected to "third parties" for the purposes of [essentially data-mining and then all the conspiratard "surveillance" stuff i babbled about b4] --- so yeah it's DOUBLY profitable as this company will rake in the dough from every conceivable angle for all the work that YOU aren't just technically doing for free.... but [url=
you're actually PAYING THEM TO DO! fuckin :lol: :lol: :lol: man!

Info on the company that makes Pokemon Go! wrote:
Niantic, Inc. is a software development company best known for the augmented reality mobile games Ingress and Pokémon GO. It was formed by Keyhole, Inc. founder John Hanke in 2010.

Keyhole, Inc., founded in 2001, was a pioneering software development company specializing in geospatial data visualization applications and was acquired by Google in 2004. Initially launched as a spin-off of Intrinsic Graphics, first round funding came from a Sony venture capital fund and others, additional capital came from an NVIDIA bundling deal, from the CIA's venture capital arm In-Q-Tel, with the majority of In-Q-Tel' funds coming from the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency, and from angel investor Brian McClendon (who later came on as a board member and VP). Keyhole's marquee application suite, Earth Viewer, emerged as the highly successful Google Earth application in 2005; other aspects of core technology survive in Google Maps, Google Mobile and the Keyhole Markup Language.

The name "Keyhole" is also a homage to the KH reconnaissance satellites, the original eye-in-the-sky military reconnaissance system now some 50 years old.

John Hanke, CEO – previously worked in "foreign affairs" in Washington DC, Myanmar & Indonesia.

ahh well, it's about that time of the post where most of you [good upstanding people] have skimmed down to in order to avoid reading all the drivel that's contained within my antiquated torture devices formerly known as "paragraphs" and i spose at this juncture we can all just kick back and =] as i confess that this post is simply "sini going tinfoil again" because when you ostensibly lack a proper middle-class-superburban life like i do, that's where you tend to have all this time to sit around and think up nightmare scenarios about some stupid "Pokemon Go!" game (that will likely be a fad that dies out in the next 3-6 months) is a frightening step towards total digiquitous lockdown towards/via martial-law.

but HEY NOW, that's where my good-upstanding C/S/FMB strawmen are busy scoffing at such incredulous nonsense and thinking about what positions they're gonna use when whey lay the pipe in the wifey later on tonight! vodka+redbulls up >> conspiratards down!

Rather than do all that wouldn't it be simpler if the gub'mint instead just put a webcam in a tree or on a light pole across the street?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:48 am 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Shadow Cities => Ingress => End Game:Proving Ground /Pokemon Go? Sounds like Niantic nixed their planned End Game follow-on to Ingress to go with the co-branded Pokemon Go.

Ingress incorporated some branded-sponsor elements, e.g., portals located at Jamba Juice stores and such.

Ingress was hugely popular last Summer. Recall people at work fucking off on their lunch breaks to capture portals and other such wankery.

Probably these games are conditioning people to take instructions from their personal mobile devices as a lead up to herding us into the FEMA camps. Much easier to get people into camps if you can just send out a mass message to millions of cell phones to go to such and such locations and wait there for further instructions. Image

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:49 am 

a genius wrote:
Rather than do all that wouldn't it be simpler if the gub'mint instead just put a webcam in a tree or on a light pole across the street?

well yeah of course, they do that in "choice" areas of the city with what i call "the blue-n-white specials" </k-mart puns>

but those also have a dual purpose of being like "HEY, DON'T SELL DRUGS HERE CUZ WE CAN SEE YOU" --- this pokemon thing would obviously be on the sly. regardless, the whole "Game" is basically people running around doing freemium 3D/mapping for [whoever] so i'm sure nobody in any position of authority would use that data for anything but the most purely benevolent reasons, no?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:52 am 

Hussra wrote:
Probably these games are conditioning people to take instructions from their personal mobile devices as a lead up to herding us into the FEMA camps. Much easier to get people into camps if you can just send out a mass message to millions of cell phones to go to such and such locations and wait there for further instructions. Image

pfft.... part of the fun of that is watching your neighbor/s have their door kicked in as they get got for that free trip to one of hillary's "Fun Camps" so you're reminded "i better keep everything on the up and up." it's pretty much the same purpose as the aforementioned blue-n-white specials.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:22 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
I didn't know what the hell was going on until I asked someone yesterday.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:36 am 

Good to see sini is as psychotic as ever.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 2:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Got this a couple hours ago. Seems really dumb.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 2:43 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Papa Dells
This app could be sweet, non-biological way to thin the heard.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 3:45 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Got this a couple hours ago. Seems really dumb.

Just wait until you and I cruise Busse Woods for some pokemans!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 4:22 pm 

You got a CSFMB team setup yet? I still have no clue what I'm doing. Just wandering around the office looking for pokemon.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 4:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Seems like a good way to collect smart phones and pocket money from doofuses hunting for pokemon. Monitor the game and then wait at locations where the pokemon pop up and PROFIT.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Fun game. Was funny seeing 50 people around Schaumburg Library at 1am last night. We were joking about how this has to be really confusing for the police right now.

I have off work next Friday. Who wants to take the train to the city and hunt?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:26 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Papa Dells
Hockey Gay wrote:
Fun game. Was funny seeing 50 people around Schaumburg Library at 1am last night.

Seemed like a fine place for a bomb.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:27 pm 

Hussra wrote:
Seems like a good way to collect smart phones and pocket money from doofuses hunting for pokemon. Monitor the game and then wait at locations where the pokemon pop up and PROFIT.

You might be on to something.

http://motherboard.vice.com/read/pokmon ... e=vicefbus

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
FavreFan wrote:
Hussra wrote:

You might be on to something.

http://motherboard.vice.com/read/pokmon ... e=vicefbus

That's why you bring a gun

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:38 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
FavreFan wrote:
You got a CSFMB team setup yet? I still have no clue what I'm doing. Just wandering around the office looking for pokemon.

CFMB

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 203 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next