It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:27 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 3:05 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
watch out, cuz i just stumbled across my last pre-computerphone phone (~2010-2012?) and i noticed something funny: the back of it was missing. ok yeah my drawer's a mess so it's probably in there somewhere, but the reason that it was missing was a bit !!!

that's right, the old lithium-ion battery put on some weight over the last few years because now it's literally rotund in that its front and back protrude not too different than a pot-belly + fat-ass combo (that's why the corner of it to the left looks like it's not in there: the corner is elevated due to the girth of the swelling). i'm pretty sure this phone got waterlogged at one point, like it fell out of my pocket when i was at my parent's house and somehow ended up a few feet over from the driveway in the front lawn. it was seemingly DOA but then in a couple'a days it magically worked and my then-homescreen banner message of "technodeath lives!" seemed all the more apropos... so then i used it for a bit longer until i eventually decided to make the jump to computerphones, only retiring this one when i had a proper droid RAZR circa spring 2012.

but still, if you guys have anything with old lithium ion batteries sitting in a drawer you might wanna have an occasional look-see cuz i reckon if the casing had broke and lithium/ion oozed out that'd be a pretty "uncool" situation for all of the living things in the immediate area.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:06 am 

This happens if you leave them sitting around uncharged for months... Or if you leave your phone plugged in for months and it doesnt have a good charging circuit in it and it overcharges

Best to store at 50℅ can charge for up to 3 years

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:11 am 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
I had this problem with Stretch Armstrong. It sat in our closet too long,cracked and leaked maple syrup all over.