It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:08 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:10 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
The embargo must have just listed because I'm seeing reviews and holy shit...98 on metacritic so far...perfect scores from IGN, Giant Bomb, Destructoid and GameSpot.

I'm hearing the words "Best Zelda ever" and "Best Nintendo game ever" thrown around by more than one...

HYPE

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:34 am 

i doubt it could top "Link: The Faces of Evil".

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:50 am 

Is it going to be as impossible to get the Ninetendo Switch as it was to get the NES Classic? I might venture out on Friday or Saturday and pick one up.

I did finally get an NES Classic about a month ago. Got it hacked too with over 700 games. Pretty fun stuff.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:35 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
great news! Not surprising, it looks awesome. Might have to table plans to play Horizon and get the Switch instead, although I imagine its gonna be some time before you can find one available for retail.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:36 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 6 characters
Have heard conflicting reviews on Nintendo Switch. Everything from "best console ever" to "this shit is broken."

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:49 am 

only negative I've heard is there's an issue with the amount of memory on the hard drive. But, I'm not sure how that would affect someone who is only planning to play a couple games on the system vs someone who wants to download a bunch of stuff.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:52 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
Douchebag wrote:
Is it going to be as impossible to get the Ninetendo Switch as it was to get the NES Classic? I might venture out on Friday or Saturday and pick one up.

I did finally get an NES Classic about a month ago. Got it hacked too with over 700 games. Pretty fun stuff.

Nintendo having a shortage of consoles when they come out?! Who woulda thunk it possible!!! 8) 8)

I think my brother managed the switch + Zelda's collector edition + the Bomberman game for $350 total... Not bad, right?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
I can see myself getting a Switch and Zelda later in the year.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
After struggling to find a Nintendo for most of the winter and finally buying one, I will never given Nintendo another dollar out of my pocket.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Chris_in_joliet wrote:
After struggling to find a Nintendo for most of the winter and finally buying one, I will never given Nintendo another dollar out of my pocket.

Not happy with the system or are you just tired of Nintendo's macho head games?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:51 pm 

T-Bone wrote:
Chris_in_joliet wrote:

The system is ok at best. You have the small wired controllers that you absolutely need an extender for or you have to purchase a wireless controller (I did both). I dont like probably half of the games on there either. The games I do like I have played alot of though.

It was just the macho head games honestly. The fact that you couldn't pre order the systems and you never knew when they'd be in was just annoying as shit. I dont like jumping through hoops for anything and it seemed like way too much work to try and find one.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Chris_in_joliet wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
Chris_in_joliet wrote:

The system is ok at best. You have the small wired controllers that you absolutely need an extender for or you have to purchase a wireless controller (I did both). I dont like probably half of the games on there either. The games I do like I have played alot of though.

It was just the macho head games honestly. The fact that you couldn't pre order the systems and you never knew when they'd be in was just annoying as shit. I dont like jumping through hoops for anything and it seemed like way too much work to try and find one.

That is kind of where I am at. I saw they were available again through Amazon, but honestly I kind of lost interest. If they would have been available
in December they would have easily taken $100 off me with the upgraded controllers and stuff. I am pretty sure I would enjoy a handful of the games
but would likely ignore more than half. Maybe if they come out with a Sports Edition or something I could be tempted, but I think I will sit this version
out.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:44 pm 

I pushed and pushed and made phone call after phone call to stores trying to see if they had the system in stock and no one did. I dont know if I wanted a system that bad or it's more my messed up personality that once I set my mind to something I must have it.

Looking back on it now I should have also sat out buying the Nes classic.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:46 pm 

Chris_in_joliet wrote:
I pushed and pushed and made phone call after phone call to stores trying to see if they had the system in stock and no one did. I dont know if I wanted a system that bad or it's more my messed up personality that once I set my mind to something I must have it.

:scratch:

I thought you were talking about the NES Classic all along?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:00 pm 

Douchebag wrote:
Chris_in_joliet wrote:

He was. He's referring to Tbone boycotting the NES classic and saying in retrospect he should've done the same.

Capiche?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:01 pm 

shakes wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
Chris_in_joliet wrote:

He was. He's referring to Tbone boycotting the NES classic and saying in retrospect he should've done the same.

Capiche?

That makes sense. CIJ should have quoted T-Bone in his response to make it more clear.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:39 pm 

Sorry I'll slow everything done for you Douchebag.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:44 pm 

Chris_in_joliet wrote:

Will. Not. Happen.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:47 pm 

Chris_in_joliet wrote:

Take a few deep breaths and go punch a garbage can.

Also, hack your NES Classic, and you can add almost every title that was ever on the NES. If you can't do it yourself, there's also guys on ebay that will do it for about $30-$50. It's a pretty sweet deal.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:48 pm 

For those on the fence about this game due to the availability/quality/whatever of the Switch, it's available on Wii U as well.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:59 pm 

lipidquadcab wrote:
For those on the fence about this game due to the availability/quality/whatever of the Switch, it's available on Wii U as well.

ghey

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:59 pm 

shakes wrote:
lipidquadcab wrote:

ghey

If by ghey you mean not shelling out 300 bucks for a system that will likely do nothing but collect dust for six months once I'm done with Zelda, then yes, give me a cock.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:50 pm 

℃améron Davis‏ @Gazunta 15h15 hours ago

It’s only 14 hours until the Switch is released which means it’s only 16 hours until a “someone dropped their Switch” story runs on Kotaku

8) 8) 8) (also shoutouts to the old #vidgames/#vidgames!/#vgames crew cuz gazunta was always a nice affable dude back in the day!)

also i hear that some people are randomly having amazon say that their zelda's collector edition isn't coming? like there was a lost/stolen crate or something? and evidently some guy stole a switch unit from somewhere and started to do unboxing videos b4 the embargo, but ultimately ended up giving the unit back to nintendo? (what a pussy!)

that said, i think my brother's confirmed that bomberman has shipped and he's charged for the switch + zelda so hopefully i'll be able to give my [much-needed] thoughts on this stuff within the next ~5 days or so!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:40 pm 

Douchebag wrote:
Chris_in_joliet wrote:

Also, hack your NES Classic, and you can add almost every title that was ever on the NES. If you can't do it yourself, there's also guys on ebay that will do it for about $30-$50. It's a pretty sweet deal.

I know I punched the drywall once when Zack realized he had a straight flush once but did I really hit the garbage can?

Ill look into the Nintendo thing though. There are some games that id like to find that didnt make the final 30 they chose.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:17 pm 

Douchebag wrote:
Chris_in_joliet wrote:

Did this tonight and downloaded some of the games that I remember loving as a kid and it worked. I honestly didnt even know the option was out there to do it. Many thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:05 pm 

A few hours in and I'm really digging it. The world seems stupid big and I'm really enjoying the puzzles in the shrines.

Oh, and cooking!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:51 am 

Chris_in_joliet wrote:
I know I punched the drywall once when Zack realized he had a straight flush once but did I really hit the garbage can?

memories.

i never did get an NES Classic, but i'm enjoying the NES USB controllers i got for the computer. i have about 120 games downloaded, and that is good enough for me.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:05 am 

W_Z wrote:
Chris_in_joliet wrote:

memories.

i never did get an NES Classic, but i'm enjoying the NES USB controllers i got for the computer. i have about 120 games downloaded, and that is good enough for me.

alternatively, if you have an original wii [and the "deluxe classic gamepad controller" of course] you can get the homebrew channel on there, get emulators for NES/SNES/genesis/PC-Engine[TurboGrafx]/etc and then load up a SD card with, say, ROMs of every NES + SNES + Genesis + whatever on there... PLUS ROM-HACKS, and then turn around and have everything hooked the fuck up with a proper "newschool/post-SNES" comtroller which = IT'S GO TIME!!!!

srsly last time i got into that i was working on some harder ROMhacks of super metroid and enjoying the shit out of that.... which reminds me i STILL gotta get to AM2R [Another Metroid 2 Remake, where a guy basically took the Super Metroid ROM/Engine and modded it to basically have a souped up version of the OG gameboy game Metroid 2: the return of samus that even featured post-super-metroid HUD/status-bar displays and other things (such as modded-super-metroid bosses and stuff] --- overall such a fantastic piece of work that nintendo didnt even slap em with the cease and desist until they finished making it, cuz i guess it was good enough to ensure that it was 4-sho getting made no matter what?

also, if you have the wii homebrew channel i can vouch for the newer super mario bros wii/2 games.... they're a few hundred megs that you download and load up on that truty SD card, and then the game uses the original New Super Mario Bros Wii CD as a base, but then applies the few hundred megs of changes/add-ons with the original NSMBW CD and yeah.... totally fun if you're looking for "more" proper/vintage[ish] 2D mario platforming goodness!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:22 am 

Picked up the Nintendo Switch this morning from my local Target and got the Zelda game too. Looking forward to playing it this weekend.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:56 pm 

Douchebag wrote:
Picked up the Nintendo Switch this morning from my local Target and got the Zelda game too. Looking forward to playing it this weekend.

They had them in stock? I thought they were sold out everywhere.