It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:14 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:55 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Ron Wolfley wrote:
312player wrote:
Grabbed an Xbox S yesterday, 325$ out the door..1 terabyte and one controller..came with shadow of wars. Fair price?

Do you really need 1tb? I upgraded to an S recently. 500gb for $250 on Amazon. Quieter and smaller than the original VCR looking thing.

I'm not sure what i need, the lady at game stop told me one game can take over 100 gb and that the 1tb bundle was a "great deal"

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:04 am 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
312player wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:
312player wrote:
Grabbed an Xbox S yesterday, 325$ out the door..1 terabyte and one controller..came with shadow of wars. Fair price?

Do you really need 1tb? I upgraded to an S recently. 500gb for $250 on Amazon. Quieter and smaller than the original VCR looking thing.

I'm not sure what i need, the lady at game stop told me one game can take over 100 gb and that the 1tb bundle was a "great deal"

I don't know about 100 GB, maybe XBox installs are worse. But 30 - 60 GB is quite normal for many games on PS4. I can't imagine it being much different, honestly.

Gamestop is known to upsell. Kind of their job.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:10 am 

312player wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:
312player wrote:

Unless you are a hardcore gamer, you will never come close to maxing out 1 TB.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:35 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
I got a PS4 this fall. I was an Xbox guy beforehand.

I wasn't unsatisfied with Xbox. As was said previously, I went with PS4 because it's what my friends had.

It doesn't really matter which console I would've bought as I only play NHL and watch Netflix/HBO.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Ron Wolfley wrote:
312player wrote:

With modern game install sizes, a 500GB limit usually means you're limited to an active game library of 8-10 titles, with not much more room for apps or other media.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:50 am 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
My original PS4 is completely full and there are times when I get aggravated that I don't have a larger one. A TB would be nice for that but usually there are only one or two games that the kids or I are actively playing and a couple that get played from time to time. IF there weren't massive updates that have to get applied after uninstalling and reinstalling it wouldn't be so bad but with our internet connections out here you kind of have to plan ahead.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:07 am 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:
312player wrote:

With modern game install sizes, a 500GB limit usually means you're limited to an active game library of 8-10 titles, with not much more room for apps or other media.

I don't own too many games. If I play something like Wolfenstein II recently, I dedicate my time solely to that game and once I'm done I delete it off the Xbox and sell it. 2k and Madden are a little different because you play those throughout the year, but I don't need NBA 2k17 or Madden 17 wasting space. I can see 1tb being beneficial if you've got more than one person in the house who uses the Xbox.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 3:57 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
I was just gifted a Xbox. It came w/ the Gold Subscription for a limited time. I really am not going to use it to do gaming as I'm not really into that. I like the apps.

Question - do i need the gold subscription to use the apps? I downloaded MLB/NFL/NBA/NHL/ESPN/NETFLIX so far. Will these work without the gold?

btw....it gave me a few free games with the gold trial. I got back to the future. I played a little and it's pretty cool. you make choices and watch. it's after the trilogy. if games are like this i will maybe try to play more if its free.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 8:55 pm 

You don't need PS+ to use apps on PS4. I assume XBox is the same.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:14 pm 

I've been watching some old cubs games thru mlb tv app and it's unreal thru this thing. It beats the hell out of the laptop. Top quality display!

The NHL app is awesome too. I don't have a subscription but you can still see game highlights and recaps like MLB. The NHL video quality even tops the MLB quality and that's saying a lot.

NFL app is ok. Too busy on the screen and a bit disorganized.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:12 am 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
Ron Wolfley wrote:
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:
312player wrote:

I don't own too many games. If I play something like Wolfenstein II recently, I dedicate my time solely to that game and once I'm done I delete it off the Xbox and sell it. 2k and Madden are a little different because you play those throughout the year, but I don't need NBA 2k17 or Madden 17 wasting space. I can see 1tb being beneficial if you've got more than one person in the house who uses the Xbox.

I picked one up a few months ago for like 279.00 with no game included. My son got me a few games for Christmas and I bought Mortal Kombat. Just like a few of you mentioned,I'm not a game player but bought it for the 4k movies. Unfortunately,all 4K movies come with the black bands on top and underneath. I guess I will stick to Bluray movies. Still it's a nice option to have when I get bored and want to play some games.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Hard drives fill up fast on these things. You can make do with 500 GB but eventually it takes a lot of memory management.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:27 pm 

Can you do HDD swaps like you could with PS3?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Yeah, at some point when I'm tired getting a new game and then I try and install it says the hd is full I'll upgrade it.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:39 pm 

Some guys from work who know about this stuff helped me out. They played the star wars game. Looks terrific. I didnt play because I have no clue how to play this. No problem, they had fun. I really like this back to the future game. Really fun. Like those old books where you get to choose the characters next move and it goes into a different page.

This thing puts new life into sports viewing. I didnt know what I was missing. I replayed the Cubs/Giants Game 5 in 2016. Zobrist big hit in the 9th , he slides into 2nd, and you can hear him say 'HELL YA, LET'S GO'.