It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:22 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Xbox One X
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
SOLD OUT on preorders everywhere except Walmart.com

I wanted a 360 and had to wait as I couldn't find one,same thing with the Xbox One. Nintendo was a joke with the classic systems.

Got it from Walmart thankfully.

Post subject: Re: Xbox One X
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
I like how Microsoft gave up on Xbox1 already. I guess they figure the only way to compete is to have the newer system.

We'll have to see how many of the people that switched from XBox 360 to PS4 stay with Sony.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:23 pm 

It's not like the old days. Designing and launching a new system is not a huge risk anymore for Microsoft. They will keep doing it until sales slump... But the gaming industry is still gaining as more people love being lazy.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:45 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Can't say I am going to buy a new system every 3 years.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:46 am 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
Aunts and grandmothers keep buying these systems for my kids now. I bought a PS4 when they came out, someone bought the kids an Xbox One a year or so later and then in the last two years they have gotten PS4's again. Its a bit ridiculous to be honest. I laugh because its always my inlaws who are doing it and my wife hates gaming systems for the kids. I'm pretty sure they are doing it to fuck with her.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:53 am 

If you already have an XBOX One, what is the point of buying another? This isn't a new system, and I would think the Xbox One is nearing the end of its lifespan. This is obviously just a ploy to keep the XBox One afloat for 1 more year. Seems like a colossal waste of money.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:54 am 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
IMU wrote:
I like how Microsoft gave up on Xbox1 already. I guess they figure the only way to compete is to have the newer system.

We'll have to see how many of the people that switched from XBox 360 to PS4 stay with Sony.

I went from PS to XBox and then back to PS. I just like the PS controller better.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:59 am 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
The transition from 360 control to ps4 took a short time. But I can't go back to 360 now or xBox one without feeling extremely awkward.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:52 am 

The PS4 is an amazing controller. I'm really not sure how it could improve.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:01 pm 

Douchebag wrote:
If you already have an XBOX One, what is the point of buying another? This isn't a new system, and I would think the Xbox One is nearing the end of its lifespan. This is obviously just a ploy to keep the XBox One afloat for 1 more year. Seems like a colossal waste of money.

It's the only true native 4K mass-produced gaming console on the market. It doesn't run native 4K stuff perfectly, but as more developers become familiar with the hardware of the console, they'll be able to get games running at a native 4K60 soon enough. The PS4 Pro just up-converts 1080p games, and doesn't even have a 4k Blu-Ray player like the One X does.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:01 pm 

Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
Douchebag wrote:

It's the only true native 4K mass-produced gaming console on the market. It doesn't run native 4K stuff perfectly, but as more developers become familiar with the hardware of the console, they'll be able to get games running at a native 4K60 soon enough. The PS4 Pro just up-converts 1080p games, and doesn't even have a 4k Blu-Ray player like the One X does.

The videophiles that care about upconverting versus native 4K60 are playing their games on PC anyway. 4K resolution on 60+ FPS, or better yet, back down to 1080p with ~100 FPS.

I think it is dumb if the console manufacturers are trying to compete on graphics. Exclusive titles, ease of online play and price point is where they need to excel.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:36 pm 

IMU wrote:
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
Douchebag wrote:

The videophiles that care about upconverting versus native 4K60 are playing their games on PC anyway. 4K resolution on 60+ FPS, or better yet, back down to 1080p with ~100 FPS.

I think it is dumb if the console manufacturers are trying to compete on graphics. Exclusive titles, ease of online play and price point is where they need to excel.

I think it's actually a good thing that console makers are bringing their stuff up to snuff with mid-level gaming PC power from 2 years ago. At least this way multi-platform games on PC won't just be a port of the downgraded console version, and developers won't have the excuse of "developing for multiple architectures and capabilities" as an excuse to let console titles hold back their PC versions.