It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:08 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: WWE 2K and NBA 2k18
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
Would have added NHL 18, but someone has a post about it, just wondering if any of these games worth getting this year.

WWE usually a good game, but so many wrestlers now, hard to play with them all.

NBA 2k, probably as usual, but I like how you can play with the all time greats on the same team.

On NHL 18, seems like the same every year, could be sad with Eddie O on there and not knowing how he is doing right now

Post subject: Re: WWE 2K and NBA 2k18
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:30 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
jim sterling did a jimquisition-ish video on NBA 2K18's microtransactions. They're pretty fucking mental.

IIRC if you do create-a-player you start out with enough virtual currency to go from 60 overall to 62 overall, then they suggest you do the popular $20 virtual currency for real currency package, but of course the $100 virtual currency bundle is the "best value" -- for a game thats $60 $100 or $150 depending on which limited/gold edition you get =)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:54 am 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
reents wrote:
Would have added NHL 18, but someone has a post about it, just wondering if any of these games worth getting this year.

NBA 2k, probably as usual, but I like how you can play with the all time greats on the same team.

On NHL 18, seems like the same every year, could be sad with Eddie O on there and not knowing how he is doing right now

WWE 2k is carrying over all their legends, except for Arn & Pillman, plus have added more NXT and female wrestlers. Full roster (pre-DLC) is here: https://forums.2k.com/showthread.php?43 ... er-Rundown.
If you haven't bought a wrestling game in a while, you probably should pick it up; get the Deluxe edition.

NHL still doesn't allow you to control every team in franchise, so I'll pass on that one.

NBA definitely is a buy because of the amount of legends this year (no Barkley or Miller though).

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:05 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
When I play the WWe game, I want the 80s and 90s wrestlers. Demolition, LOD, Hart Foundation to name a few.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:11 am 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Cashman wrote:
When I play the WWe game, I want the 80s and 90s wrestlers. Demolition, LOD, Hart Foundation to name a few.

Demolition and LOD are part of the concussion lawsuit against WWE. Attitude era Bret, Bulldog, and Neidhart are in the game.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:02 pm 

May have to add another one here, what about FIFA 18, has the Frostbite engine too, and soccer games in my opinion are underated fun to play

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
reents wrote:
May have to add another one here, what about FIFA 18, has the Frostbite engine too, and soccer games in my opinion are underated fun to play

FIFA is good if you like the bells and whistles, but as far as gameplay it isn't even close to Pro Evolution Soccer. PES has better gameplay and although it lacks in official team licenses, all of the correct teams can be downloaded easily and loaded into the game. So no real reason to ever get FIFA.

Plus all EA games suck and should be boycotted.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Don't listen to shakes. Even the most hardcore PES players will tell you that FIFA became just as good, if not better than PES in the gameplay department years ago.

Considering that and the fact that FIFA does everything else better, it's a no brainer.

PES is still a fun game to play but at the same price tag, FIFA gives you more bang for your buck.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:07 pm 

If you miss playing college basketball, there is a way to get a version of it on NBA 2k 18

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
Pro Evolution wasn't as good as FIFA at least a few years back. This is an uninformed opinion.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:45 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Hockey Gay wrote:
Don't listen to shakes. Even the most hardcore PES players will tell you that FIFA became just as good, if not better than PES in the gameplay department years ago.

Considering that and the fact that FIFA does everything else better, it's a no brainer.

PES is still a fun game to play but at the same price tag, FIFA gives you more bang for your buck.

The above is fake news.

Here are some links comparing the two, all writers say that PES has better gameplay than FIFA.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/gaming/features/fifa-18-v-pes-2018-best-football-game/

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/fifa-18-vs-pes-2018-which-is-right-for-you/1100-6453704/

Only Forbes says that FIFA has gameplay equal to PES (and definitely not better) while acknowledging that PES was ahead of FIFA in the gamplay department last season.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brianmazique/2017/09/24/fifa-18-vs-pes-2018-which-one-should-you-buy/#7beab8ab1857

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:15 pm 

I don't know if anyone got NBA 2k18, I just got it, the big thing I have noticed, layups a little harder to make, only played a couple of games so far

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Gateway Bar & Grill
FrankDrebin wrote:
reents wrote:

WWE 2k is carrying over all their legends, except for Arn & Pillman, plus have added more NXT and female wrestlers. Full roster (pre-DLC) is here: https://forums.2k.com/showthread.php?43 ... er-Rundown.
If you haven't bought a wrestling game in a while, you probably should pick it up; get the Deluxe edition.

WWE is bad this year. They bastardized the online mode. No tornado tag matches. The only reason I want the game is for tornado tag ladder matches.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:13 pm 

I have a question for the people that play NBA 2k 18 that I have noticed, that the team winning when they name the Jordan Player of the game, does that pretty much siginify that team will win, they have done that and the team I'm playing is down 1 point even, then turnovers start happening all of a sudden or any shot they throw in goes in, just a thought.