PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 11:47 am 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
Clutch Nixon is ashamed of you.

Post subject: Re: Far Cry 5
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 12:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
IMU wrote:
Clutch Nixon is ashamed of you.

yea, I appreciate his cut scene intro, but he can suck it.

I've got about 8 missions to go, but I'm guessing some of those are spread out over all 3 areas cause I can't find them in John's region. Stuff like collecting the lighters and comic books/

When I get home from work I'm gonna go ahead and head to Falls End and take on John for my first boss battle.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 3:02 pm 

I 100%'d the game outside of the find bobbleheads and lighters type quests. No thank you. There certainly were a few points of interest I did not end up going to, but I did all main missions, story side quests, clutch nixons and found all of the treasure caches.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 11:32 am 

IMU wrote:
I 100%'d the game outside of the find bobbleheads and lighters type quests. No thank you. There certainly were a few points of interest I did not end up going to, but I did all main missions, story side quests, clutch nixons and found all of the treasure caches.

how long did it take you to complete?

I just got rid of John so that region is all done.

Did you end up mixing it up with weapons or use the same ones again and again? I'm pretty much stuck on the LMG, nothing seems to crush better than that.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 11:54 am 

shakes wrote:
IMU wrote:

how long did it take you to complete?

I just got rid of John so that region is all done.

Did you end up mixing it up with weapons or use the same ones again and again? I'm pretty much stuck on the LMG, nothing seems to crush better than that.

Steam says 37 hours of playtime, so if I remove the time it was probably just open and I was not actually playing, probably 30-32 hours.

My go to weapons were the bow for stealth (using an SMG or AR with suppressor made all content way too easy), the .50 cal for sniping and the AK for shootouts. But I think I used just about everything except the flame thrower and the rocket launchers.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 2:15 pm 

THis game seemed to get really easy about 1/3 of the way through. Don't get me wrong, I still die plenty, but that's more cause I suck and don't really look for cover in fire fights. But, once you get a chopper with weapons all you gotta do is take it with you to every outpost etc and light the place up before landing for cleanup duty.

Even without the chopper it's still really easy to take down a bunch of enemies, especially with 2 helpers alongside you.

Still very fun game to play no doubt, but I could see it getting a little tiresome by the end.

Did it keep you guys interested all the way through?

It's definitely not a A level game, more of a B game. Great fun to play, but lots of issues with sloppy game production. But once again, the fun factor outweighs the annoying issues so that's why this game is still a B for me.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 2:25 pm 

I was interested in the story the whole way through. And I think I mentioned I try to play stealth almost always, as yes, with fully upgraded weapons and 2 'assault' style companions, firefights are a breeze. So wanting to go 'undetected' for each outpost and mission added my own layer of difficulty.

It was personally my favorite Far Cry game...but still very much a Far Cry game.

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 9:46 am 

IMU wrote:
I was interested in the story the whole way through. And I think I mentioned I try to play stealth almost always, as yes, with fully upgraded weapons and 2 'assault' style companions, firefights are a breeze. So wanting to go 'undetected' for each outpost and mission added my own layer of difficulty.

It was personally my favorite Far Cry game...but still very much a Far Cry game.

Adding on your point, last night I stopped using helpers when I would go out on missions to add to the challege. I still use the dog, but I just send him in to mark enemies for me and that's it. The cat is cool, but she is too much of a killing machine. Leaves me with nothing to do but watch.

Getting close to the end, only one more region to clear and a few random missions still hanging around from the other two.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:16 am 

Finished this game over the weekend. Very hard to give this game a grade. On the one hand, if I were to list all the problems/issues I had with the game that list would be extremely long and make you think the game is completely broken, but on the other hand I keep coming back to the point that I had fun playing it and there was about a month period where I looked forward to playing it on an daily basis.

I guess I would give this game a 7/10 since it's hard to justify anything lower since I enjoyed the game, but also hard to justify anything higher because of what a half assed job Ubisoft did designing this.

DLC starts coming out tomorrow, but early rumblings are that the first batch isn't getting good review scores.

Worst part of this game is how easy it got about 1/3 of the way through. At that point I had to stop using helpers because it was too easy. Also, the lack of gun variety was awful. Once I settled on the AK47, LMG and top notch sniper rifle pretty early in the game there was no reason to ever switch out to a different load out. I might go back and re-play and only use a bow and pistol, I bet that would be interesting.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:47 am 

IMU wrote:

You might like the new DLC Hours of Darkness. It's set in Vietnam war and it heavily favors stealth game play. There are 4 perks and you get them by completing undetected kills. Get detected and you lose all the perks, but then you just have to go get more stealth kills to get them back.

Some people are saying the DLC is too short at 5 hours, but I think if you truly embrace the stealth and take your time the game will be closer to 10 hours than 5.

I've been playing for a couple hours and am having a good time trying to see if I can play without getting killed even once. Hasn't worked out as I've died a few times already, but it's fun to try each time.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
I got Far Cry Primal for the hell of it. It's good for a few hours but doesn't really have a storyline.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
leashyourkids wrote:
I got Far Cry Primal for the hell of it. It's good for a few hours but doesn't really have a storyline.

I kind of liked Primal just because it was a little different. The animal taming thing was kind of cool.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Drunk Squirrel wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

I kind of liked Primal just because it was a little different. The animal taming thing was kind of cool.

It's definitely unique. Graphics are great too. The wolf is damn near unstoppable though. I kinda wish it would have worked it's way up. Like maybe the first animal you can tame is a meerkat or some shit.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:24 am 

I've considered Primal. It's probably in the Steam Sale. Maybe...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:52 pm 

New Far Cry game comes out 2/15. Looks like a sequal of sorts to FC5.

I've still got a ways to go in RDR, but after a few months with RDR some mindless blowing shit up Far Cry style sounds kinda fun. I'll probably pick it up when I finish RDR

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
shakes wrote:

I've still got a ways to go in RDR, but after a few months with RDR some mindless blowing shit up Far Cry style sounds kinda fun. I'll probably pick it up when I finish RDR

Even at 40$ it seems very overpriced.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:57 pm 

ToxicMasculinity wrote:
shakes wrote:

How much was FC5, I don't remember? I had fun playing FC5 for a solid month even though the game had lots of lazy design issues and bugs. Even if it was $60 I still got my money's worth despite those problems. If this game offers a similar experience I'll pay the $40 no prob.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
shakes wrote:
ToxicMasculinity wrote:
shakes wrote:

How much was FC5, I don't remember? I had fun playing FC5 for a solid month even though the game had lots of lazy design issues and bugs. Even if it was $60 I still got my money's worth despite those problems. If this game offers a similar experience I'll pay the $40 no prob.

FC5 was $60 and worth every penny. This seems to have been cranked out in less than 10 months.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:10 pm 

The reused assets from FC5 are why this game is $40. I'm also assuming no new gameplay innovations or new types of missions / etc.

This probably should have been a $20 or $30 expansion. But I guess with the revamped main map and supplemental expedition maps, they're trying to sell players on it being a new experience versus a rehash of FC5.

Far Cry 5's story is what made it more fun than me than FC2, 3 and 4...all of which I bought and played but never finished because it was too damn repetitive without an engaging story.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:18 am 

funny, cause I actually really hated the story in FC5 and ended up skipping most of the cut scenes.

I liked FC5 for the mindless easy shooter it was. Definitely had a short shelf life, but was fun while it lasted. Hoping for the same from the new one.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:37 am 

Crazy religious cult abusing rural folks' gullibility was more interesting to me than stereotypical arms dealer / drug lord takes over region/island.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:07 am 

Getting solid reviews in the 7-7.5 range. That's good news cause that's the score I gave the last FC and I enjoyed that one.

Looks like a really fun and not too long game. Will definitely get it if I ever finish RDR2.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:47 pm 

Started on Far Cry New Dawn over the weekend. So far so good.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:49 pm 

I saw Primal was on sale for $10. Will eventually get around to both I'm sure...but even $10 couldn't get me to pull the trigger right now. I'm just back to playing Diablo 3 currently.