It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 6:22 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Far Cry 5
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:40 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Never played any of the other ones, but decided to give 5 a try. So far so good, seems like a cool game. And I'm not getting dizzy while playing it which is always a bonus.

Post subject: Re: Far Cry 5
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
It’s not terrible. I’ve played a bit of it and at least there seams to be less tower climbing than in past versions. The prepper caches are almost as annoying though.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
I've put about 10 hours in so far. Feels like a Far Cry game. Which means I'll put a bunch of hours into it telling people how fun it is but never actually get halfway through it.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:50 pm 

yea, been reading online some complaints with the amount of enemies. Apparently, they never stop re-spawning and attacking. And there's some sections where you are constantly under attack from planes that keep showing up even when you are just trying to talk to an NPC.

I just got off the opening island/tutorial section, gonna try and put some time into it tonight.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:04 pm 

shakes wrote:
yea, been reading online some complaints with the amount of enemies. Apparently, they never stop re-spawning and attacking. And there's some sections where you are constantly under attack from planes that keep showing up even when you are just trying to talk to an NPC.

I just got off the opening island/tutorial section, gonna try and put some time into it tonight.

Without spoiling too much, I've seen a drop in enemy spawns in certain areas, but in general there seems to be far more 'randomly spawned open world enemies' than in past Far Cry games. If you haven't played past games, you may not notice.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
Beat the campaign on Monday. The ending was a thing. Going to wait to see what you guys think.

I got the last fishing rod. I think I spent the bulk of my time catching salmon.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:29 pm 

The fishing part is amusing. I wasted a good chunckndoing thst today. I’m taking my time on the game. When you are marked for a bliss bullet the swarming is annoying. I’m working my way through John’s area. Seems like every time you do a side mission you get one or two more.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:33 pm 

Drunk Squirrel wrote:
The fishing part is amusing. I wasted a good chunckndoing thst today. I’m taking my time on the game. When you are marked for a bliss bullet the swarming is annoying. I’m working my way through John’s area. Seems like every time you do a side mission you get one or two more.

I took out John first. Fucking bliss bullets

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:34 pm 

I’m pretty sure I’m due for another one soon. Steadily chipping away at story line and knocking out the outposts pushes resistance points up which tends to lead to those moments.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:38 pm 

played yesterday after not playing for a week. Freed the dog and added him to my stable of buddies. I'm still very early in the game, haven't even spent a perk yet. I have 6 saved up.
Going to try and really get into the game this week and see if it grabs me. If it doesn't, God of War comes out 420.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:21 pm 

I haven't played a ton this week, but I have cleared out almost 2 of the 3 zones. Definitely fading as I do with all Far Cry games, BUT the more interesting story and characters in this one keeps me around. This does 'Far Cry things' better than the previous games but brings nothing new. A better game at $25 or $30 than at $60.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:25 pm 

Tell you what though...Jacob Seed is right. Take one look at CFMB and you understand the need for a culling.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:01 pm 

There are parts that are lots of fun. I do not enjoy the interactions with the various cult leaders.

I need to go free hamburger. The mountain lion is a pretty good team mate.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:03 pm 

anyone still playing this? I'm still in the first region with over half of the missions still to do. Resistance meter is about 75%. I hear life sucks when that thing gets filled.

I noticed at Gamefaqs the number of postings has gone way down for this game recently. Been wondering if people got sick of the game and moved on.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:19 pm 

shakes wrote:
anyone still playing this? I'm still in the first region with over half of the missions still to do. Resistance meter is about 75%. I hear life sucks when that thing gets filled.

I noticed at Gamefaqs the number of postings has gone way down for this game recently. Been wondering if people got sick of the game and moved on.

I beat it about a month ago and then one of my friends got me into PUBG. Still have some achievements I want to go and clear. Also looking forward to the DLC

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:26 pm 

shakes wrote:

People play through games way faster than you do, is all that means.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:44 pm 

IMU wrote:
shakes wrote:

People play through games way faster than you do, is all that means.

Did you finish it IMU? What did you think (In a non spoiler way)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:46 pm 

Nope. Still a few missions left in the third area. I will likely finish it all this weekend. Will respond then.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:56 pm 

Did you guys buy any weapons or just rely on stuff you find along the way? I'm always nervous to buy a weapon for fear that I'll find something better and have to ditch the gun I bought.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:59 pm 

shakes wrote:
Did you guys buy any weapons or just rely on stuff you find along the way? I'm always nervous to buy a weapon for fear that I'll find something better and have to ditch the gun I bought.

One of the weak parts of the game is the limited selection of guns. I bought and customized pretty much every single type of gun along the way, since money is very easy to come by and has very limited uses. Go ahead and buy what you unlock as you piss of the various Seeds. You only use money for guns, vehicles and customizing the lot of them.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:15 pm 

IMU wrote:
shakes wrote:

One of the weak parts of the game is the limited selection of guns. I bought and customized pretty much every single type of gun along the way, since money is very easy to come by and has very limited uses. Go ahead and buy what you unlock as you piss of the various Seeds. You only use money for guns, vehicles and customizing the lot of them.

If you buy a gun and find something better and replace it on the fly do you lose the gun you bought or does it go into an inventory you can access and reclaim the gun for free?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:17 pm 

shakes wrote:
IMU wrote:
shakes wrote:

If you buy a gun and find something better and replace it on the fly do you lose the gun you bought or does it go into an inventory you can access and reclaim the gun for free?

The latter. You go back to the shop, and you won't have to repurchase the gun, you just 'equip' it from the vendor. Along with all purchased customizations. So it is more like you're purchasing an unlimited access subscription versus a single gun.

You can equip four guns at any one time, right? I have about 7-8 I use depending on if I'm going stealth, explosive, assault, etc.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:24 pm 

IMU wrote:
shakes wrote:
IMU wrote:
shakes wrote:

The latter. You go back to the shop, and you won't have to repurchase the gun, you just 'equip' it from the vendor. Along with all purchased customizations. So it is more like you're purchasing an unlimited access subscription versus a single gun.

You can equip four guns at any one time, right? I have about 7-8 I use depending on if I'm going stealth, explosive, assault, etc.

Cool, that's what I was hoping for.

I only have 3 guns equipped so far. Still buidling up Perk Points. Right now I have an LMG which is my favorite, a sniper rifle for range and a sub machine gun cause I'm trying to get the perk points. I want to get a bow, but haven't found one lately.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:52 pm 

Find a weapon once and equip it and it will always be available in inventory as well or so I’m told. Never bought a bow and. Have one but it also tells me I’ve killed 30 odd Peggies with a smg and I’m not sure I have one in inventory.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:24 pm 

just bought some WWII grenade launcher thingie with a shark painted on it cause it looked cool.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:25 pm 

shakes wrote:
just bought some WWII grenade launcher thingie with a shark painted on it cause it looked cool.

It's a neat sidearm

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:11 pm 

I finished it today. Pretty good finish.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:29 am 

Starting to get into this a bit more, but there's definitely some sloppiness to this game that I haven't experienced in some of the recent AAA open world games I've played over the past few years. For instance, trying to talk to an NPC and get a mission only to have the conversation interrupted again and again because a plane flies overhead or an enemy drives by and then having to re-start that conversation over and over again until it gets completed and you get the mission assigned.

Do the guns get more powerful as you go? Shouldn't take 3 shots with a rifle to bring down a turkey. So far the LMG, bow and my snub nosed pistol are the weapons that seem to have some stopping power.

I'm still in John's region, looks like I'm about 40% done with everything there.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:35 am 

Yes.. certain weapons will be more powerful. The shotguns for example have serious stopping power up close. One of the complaints on older farcdy games was the high level weapons were almost overpowered.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 11:03 am 

game seemed to click for me over the weekend, put a lot of time in and kept coming back to it as opposed to other entertainment options. Still making my way through the first region, I have everything done except 15 side missions and the final boss battle with John.

Gonna skip some missions cause they suck like the one where you gotta fly a plane through the rings....I tried it 5x and kept hitting trees, cliffs, the water etc and then I just gave up. Driving anything except a ATV or helicopter really sucks in this game.