It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 2:06 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 230 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:52 am 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
Just found out the XBox One can only run Red Dead 2 at 864p. Wtf?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
great tip on being able to lay multiple pelts flat on my horse's back. did some serious deer pelt hunting last night, got 3 in a row really quickly. Best part about hunting with an active bounty on your head is every few minutes some nice men stop by to drop off some free gold watches and other goodies. I call it the free gold watch delivery system. Picked up an $85 bounty when I botched a robbery in Strawberry, but instead of paying it off I've just left it to hang over me.

Great strategy because that $85 bounty has resulted in about 10-15 encounters with bounty hunters with each encounter resulting in at least one gold watch and some other assorted jewelry.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:42 pm 

IMU wrote:
Just found out the XBox One can only run Red Dead 2 at 864p. Wtf?

inferior machine. Don't know why anyone would go XBox over Ps4 considering the exclusive titles. Xbox users can't play GOW, HZD, Spidey. PS4 crowd only loses out on Forza.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
The cougar thing is driving me nuts. I think I’m at 16 dead cougars without a perfect pelt. Up vereeen the legendary moose area and trapper there appear to be lots but all 4 were goods.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:45 pm 

Drunk Squirrel wrote:
The cougar thing is driving me nuts. I think I’m at 16 dead cougars without a perfect pelt. Up vereeen the legendary moose area and trapper there appear to be lots but all 4 were goods.

Why do you keep shooting the Cougars if they're not perfect? Not judging, I shoot a lot of animals in this game just for fun too, especially those asshole horses.

Speaking of horses, got myself an Arabian this morning!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:12 am 

shakes wrote:
Drunk Squirrel wrote:

Why do you keep shooting the Cougars if they're not perfect? Not judging, I shoot a lot of animals in this game just for fun too, especially those asshole horses.

Speaking of horses, got myself an Arabian this morning!

Mostly because they are charging me vs me actively hunting them. I mean, I’m actively using myself as bait going up and down the trail where I know they’ll try ambushing me but you don’t exactly have time to say oh, it’s a good vs perfect. Oddly though I got my perfect one last night when I found one drinking water and was able to study it.

I don’t tend to shoot things I have a choice on unless they are pristine. It happens mostly with predators or if I’m hoping the antler trinket will bump s two to a three star.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:45 am 

The trinket always seems to bump the things I don't need to pristine but keep the things I need at good.

Still have no Panther perfect pelt. Pretty sure there are ZERO panthers in Lemoyne by Lagras and that they're only south of Rhodes by the water.

I am now in the Epilogue.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:34 am 

Anyone got a good spot to hunt for 3 star bucks?

I've basically put the story on hold to try and satchel up and maybe get some trinkets too from the trapper. In chapter 3, but haven't done any yellow missions yet.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:18 pm 

So every time I hear Dutch say anything I want to shoot him in the head.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:20 pm 

Drunk Squirrel wrote:

He has a plan. You just need to have a little faith. Stick. With. Him.

I need a PS4 headset. I'm leaning toward Playstation Gold, Turtle Beach Stealth 600 or Steelseries Arctis 7 I think. I've always used 5.1 speakers on gaming so I'm new to headsets. (And not exactly excited about it.)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:22 pm 

IMU wrote:
Drunk Squirrel wrote:

He has a plan. You just need to have a little faith. Stick. With. Him.
i wish I could hogtie him and throw him in the fire.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:42 am 

Took me over a week in real time, but I got myself a 3 star buck last night. Found a spot outside of Rhodes where they spawned, but kept finding only 1 and 2 star bucks. Decided to shoot every buck I saw under the theory that they would respawn and hopefully replaced by 3 star. Paid off after littering the field with about 6 dead buck carcasses.

Upgraded a couple satchels. Did a few white side missions, holding off on the yellow missions for now.

Killed a few legendary animals along the way, got a couple trinkets from the fence.

Haven't really done any fishing, might give that a go this week.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:24 pm 

anyone else still playing this?

I went panther hunting last night with no luck. tough to hunt when you have a $500 bounty on your head. Ended up dying a few times before coming up with a strat to beat the incoming 6 bounty hunters.

I'll tell you, the contols in this game kinda suck. Way too often I try to do something and the controls won't let me. Often times I will try and pull a weapon with L2 and instead it will try and engage my enemy with conversation options (also L2). Other day tried to fish and couldn't even get the line to cast despite pressing every button possible. Just gave up on fishing.

I might ditch the horse altogether. I feel like I'm missing half the game by using a horse. Only found one dinosaur bone, one dream catcher and no wall drawings. Gonna start walking everywhere.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:36 pm 

Still messing around with it. The panther is in one location and one location only it seems and I have had the most luck with hunting that area around 2am it seems. I swing by still before returning to camp as I’m still screwing around in chapter 3. Went on an Alpine goat murder rampage the other day so hopefully trapper has enough of those pelts for now. I see bad things for the Emerald ranch as I need sheep skins too.

I don’t let bounties build up like that. I get that being hunted gets you some stuff to sell but I found it annoying when they’d show up whilst I was trying to do a side mission or hunting.

I still want to throw Dutch in a fire.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:53 pm 

I've completed the Epilogue, so I'm not going to be playing as much, but I'll eventually finish all of the legendary animals and fish and probably see if I can track down some points / people of interest that I missed. Won't even think about trying to 100% it though. Great game...but I still have many other games that I need to get through, with less time to do it. But if anyone wants to jump on one night for online, I'm down.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:58 pm 

yea the bounty hunters come in numbers when you have that $500 hanging over your head. When they bring the dogs things get tricky. Doesn't help that the cover system sucks and stealth is basically non existent in the game. I pretty much just stand in the open and try and dead eye them before they can fill me with holes.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 3:07 pm 

Completed all the satchels last night, that was quite an endeavor. Still on chapter 3 in the story. Gonna start working on knocking off some of the challenges and some other side content as well as moving the story along.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:35 pm 

Picked this up when it first came out, but haven't had a chance to dive in until the last 2 weeks. I'm up to chapter 4 now.

I like it, but there's just so much in this game and I don't think I will be able to finish everything 100% like I did with Red Dead 1. Finding all the cigarette cards, dinosaur bones, buried treasure, etc. will probably never happen unless I go out and buy the guide. I've caught a few legendary animals, but I don't have the patience to track all of them down. I don't do any other hunting besides running over an animal on the trail, or blasting one that is annoying to me.

The ambushes in this game get more difficult as you rack up more groups that want to fuck you up. The LeMoyne Raiders (and Oakland Raiders) can eat a dick.

I enjoy robbing any campsites I can find along trails, but sometimes those can go bad. I came across a guy hanging from a tree in the swamp area. Got off my horse to take a look and two fucked up dudes wearing masks come out of nowhere and stab me to death before I even knew they were there. FUCK THAT.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
I'm back into this too, but I'm in chapter 3. I like it more than I first did, but I still hate the controls.

Do any of you find much reason to donate a lot to the group? What is the benefit? I will give meat and a few dollars here and there, but I don't see any advantage to giving gobs of money to the camp.

Last night, I stumbled across the KKK, and they accidentally lit themselves on fire. Then the grandmaster started chewing me out for not doing anything to save them. So I blew his head off. Wouldn't let me steal his outfit, though.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:40 pm 

Douchebag wrote:
Picked this up when it first came out, but haven't had a chance to dive in until the last 2 weeks. I'm up to chapter 4 now.

I like it, but there's just so much in this game and I don't think I will be able to finish everything 100% like I did with Red Dead 1. Finding all the cigarette cards, dinosaur bones, buried treasure, etc. will probably never happen unless I go out and buy the guide. I've caught a few legendary animals, but I don't have the patience to track all of them down. I don't do any other hunting besides running over an animal on the trail, or blasting one that is annoying to me.

The ambushes in this game get more difficult as you rack up more groups that want to fuck you up. The LeMoyne Raiders (and Oakland Raiders) can eat a dick.

I enjoy robbing any campsites I can find along trails, but sometimes those can go bad. I came across a guy hanging from a tree in the swamp area. Got off my horse to take a look and two fucked up dudes wearing masks come out of nowhere and stab me to death before I even knew they were there. FUCK THAT.

you need lots of patience to play this game. You should at least hunt all the perfect pelts needed for the satchel upgrades. Maybe spend less time on missions and more time on side content. Ive been playing since day 1 and am still in chapter 3.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:53 am 

I'm not sure i need the satchel upgrades. i rarely die on missions, the only issue is random encounters along the trail. I feel like to complete this game will take about 1 full year.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:57 am 

Douchebag wrote:
I'm not sure i need the satchel upgrades. i rarely die on missions, the only issue is random encounters along the trail. I feel like to complete this game will take about 1 full year.

why wouldn't you need the satchel upgrades? Get them all and you can carry 100 of everything. That's a big help.

seems like you're just playing the game to get through it as opposed to trying to enjoy it.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:00 am 

shakes wrote:
Douchebag wrote:

why wouldn't you need the satchel upgrades? Get them all and you can carry 100 of everything. That's a big help.

seems like you're just playing the game to get through it as opposed to trying to enjoy it.

Douchebag isn't Red Dead material.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:22 am 

leashyourkids wrote:
I'm back into this too, but I'm in chapter 3. I like it more than I first did, but I still hate the controls.

Do any of you find much reason to donate a lot to the group? What is the benefit? I will give meat and a few dollars here and there, but I don't see any advantage to giving gobs of money to the camp.

you need to donate in order to buy supplpies for the camp (which are basically just supplies for you). Also it boosts camp morale and I believe I read that has an affect on some game elements such as camp requests.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
leashyourkids wrote:

Do any of you find much reason to donate a lot to the group? What is the benefit?
What Shakes said about buying useful camp upgrades with donated funds, but also the donation box acts as an Honor Sink, allowing you to erase bad deeds done out in the world and maintain an honor level that you'd like. Unfortunately, Rockstar didn't really balance out the Honorable and Dishonorable rewards well enough (IMO), so playing the game like a True Outlaw will always make the playthrough harder and more costly. The donation box acts as a restrictor plate of sorts, allowing you to go out and rob and shoot people to a certain degree while maintaining some Honorable rewards.

Also, Pro Tip: Unless they have patched it, limit each individual donation of yours to $25, as that is the amount that gives the maximum Honor payout, any more money is just superfluous. And because the game doesn't limit how many times you can donate in a day, you can sit at the box for a few minutes donating $25 over and over again, jumping up a few Honor levels.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:55 pm 

shakes wrote:
Douchebag wrote:

I've never run into a situation where I have run out of supplies. I even rarely have to shop because I mostly loot everything. I wouldn't say I'm trying to speed through the game. I did every side mission and stop for every possible encounter. There's just no way I will complete this thing 100%. This world is like 10x bigger than Red Dead 1.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:56 pm 

Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

Do any of you find much reason to donate a lot to the group? What is the benefit?
What Shakes said about buying useful camp upgrades with donated funds, but also the donation box acts as an Honor Sink, allowing you to erase bad deeds done out in the world and maintain an honor level that you'd like. Unfortunately, Rockstar didn't really balance out the Honorable and Dishonorable rewards well enough (IMO), so playing the game like a True Outlaw will always make the playthrough harder and more costly. The donation box acts as a restrictor plate of sorts, allowing you to go out and rob and shoot people to a certain degree while maintaining some Honorable rewards.

Also, Pro Tip: Unless they have patched it, limit each individual donation of yours to $25, as that is the amount that gives the maximum Honor payout, any more money is just superfluous. And because the game doesn't limit how many times you can donate in a day, you can sit at the box for a few minutes donating $25 over and over again, jumping up a few Honor levels.

Thanks, that's good info. I will do that tonight because I'm sitting on a couple grand and have no use for it.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Douchebag wrote:
shakes wrote:
Douchebag wrote:

I've never run into a situation where I have run out of supplies. I even rarely have to shop because I mostly loot everything. I wouldn't say I'm trying to speed through the game. I did every side mission and stop for every possible encounter. There's just no way I will complete this thing 100%. This world is like 10x bigger than Red Dead 1.
Some of the food recipes are SUPER helpful, though, replenishing health and other stats at the same time. Try it out, and if you like what they bring you (instead of always having to hope to find Dead Eye tonic, for instance, or switching between multiple tonics during a fight), then it might be worth exploring at least the materials upgrade. That way you can sit at a campfire for awhile and make a bunch of food that accomplishes what you would otherwise loot for.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:24 pm 

I'm done with the game, having done all side missions, story and hunts. Not going to collect all the cards, find all the rock carvings or dino bones. I'm back on Origins and when that is finished, Odyssey.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:29 pm 

Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
shakes wrote:
Douchebag wrote:

Some of the food recipes are SUPER helpful, though, replenishing health and other stats at the same time. Try it out, and if you like what they bring you (instead of always having to hope to find Dead Eye tonic, for instance, or switching between multiple tonics during a fight), then it might be worth exploring at least the materials upgrade. That way you can sit at a campfire for awhile and make a bunch of food that accomplishes what you would otherwise loot for.

But looting is fun.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 230 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next