It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:58 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 230 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
leashyourkids wrote:
I assume single player. That's all I play.

What is the online version like? Are you playing through the story line or is there some other objective?

I hear online sucks. Also the reviews for online are pretty bad. I have some friends who played it for a while, formed a posse. They said there really isn't much to do other than wander around looking for people to shoot and it's tough to make enough money to buy upgraded gear.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
leashyourkids wrote:
I assume single player. That's all I play.

What is the online version like? Are you playing through the story line or is there some other objective?

So I've put an hour in total... I can say there is a story, but you are a silent protagonist, and I've heard the story is currently short and that they will add to it in future updates. Other than that, there is free roam with all of the standard RDR features...hunting, fishing, daily missions, robberies, etc... then there are game modes like battle royale, deathmatch, etc. If you have a group of friends, it is probably fun to form parties and do some larger scale heists and win team deathmatches. But most are waiting for RDO to be around for a year in order for them to add to it and improve it before really getting into it. GTA Online also took about a year for it to become similar to what it is now.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:39 pm 

shakes wrote:
Bonus points for mixing it up and having some creative kills in there. Molotovs, throwing knives, explosive arrows etc.

I was trying to lasso a horse the other day and ended up getting attacked by a grizzly bear. Scared the shit out of me since it came out of nowhere. I jumped frantically into the weapon wheel and thought I got my shotgun out, but I accidentally selected dynamite and tossed it.

Bye Bye Bear.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
I hate lassoing. The mechanics suck. Once I get them lasso'd, they often get up before I can hog tie them.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:11 pm 

Lol, might need more parameters, shakes. I've been going for probably 20 or 30 minutes, and my bounty is at $3,200. I dont think they'll bring me down until I run out of ammo. They come in waves, so once I kill a wave, I just take some health tonics.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:25 am 

leashyourkids wrote:
Lol, might need more parameters, shakes. I've been going for probably 20 or 30 minutes, and my bounty is at $3,200. I dont think they'll bring me down until I run out of ammo. They come in waves, so once I kill a wave, I just take some health tonics.

damn, that sucks. Thought it would be an impossible challenge and eventually they would send enough guys to overrun you. Maybe St.Denis would do the trick?

Either way, I'll try Valentine today when I get home from the office. Already have it cued up and saved in the town, ready to go.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:18 am 

If we put parameters around it, it might be, like you have to stay on the main street or something. The problem is you can hole up in a hotel room or I just went on top the flat roof of one of the buildings, and they only had a couple different ways to get to me. There were so many dead bodies on the ground at the foot of the ladder, they were having a hard time even getting to the ladder. It was pretty fun, though. I would occasionally go throw a fire bottle at them while they were climbing the ladder and they would burst into flames.

St. Denis might be tougher too. Let us know how it goes for you.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:07 pm 

7:25 :lol: I'm not very good.

Hunkered down on top of the bank next to the hotel and was doing good till a whole mess of guy showed up not on horseback, looked like 10 of them. Lost track of health and got taken down pretty quickly.

Gonna give it another try later on.

As a parameter, how about you have to stay off rooftops and out of buildings?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:04 pm 

I see what you mean now. Did it again and stayed by the wall at the front of the roof of the bank and from there they can only get you from 3 spots. Finally turned it off after 30 minutes.

I'm gonna try one where you can't go in or on the buildings, that will be a lot tougher. Gotta find cover and probably stay mobile and re-locate a lot.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:44 am 

yep, too easy. Did Valentine without taking cover in or on any buildings. Hung out by a big gravestone in the cemetery and from there was able to stay alive no problem. Called it quits after 10 minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:47 am 

Didn't try this yet. My bad.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:47 am 

Got to Chapter 5 this weekend. Some of these missions are starting to take forever. I think I played one that took over an hour to complete. There were multiple points where I thought it was done, and it would just jump me into more action after the cut-scene. Fuckin' ridiculous.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:03 pm 

I am still plugging away, in chapter 4 still. Stopped doing most of the side stuff and have just been focusing on the story. Not getting to play as much as I would like though, too much else going on. The side stuff is pretty stupid after a while. I've been playing since release day and have found 2 dino bones and 2 dream catchers. Haven't completed any of the cigarete card sets either. Pretty much given up on that stuff.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:25 am 

Finally made it to chapter 6! Did take a month off to watch basketball, but have been plugging away the last week or so. Gonna take a break from the story and see if I can get all the dino bones and other special collectibles.

Only issue is gonna be if the new zombie game that comes out this week is really good I'm gonna be tempted to rush through this so I can start that.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 1:15 pm 

I've collected all the dino bones that you can get to before the epilogue, all the dreamcatchers and all the rock carvings. I've gotten most of the lockboxes and cigarette cards, still have a few more of those. Then I'm going to complete chapter 6 and move onto the epilogue and the completion of the game.

Anyone else still playing this?

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 1:48 pm 

shakes wrote:
I've collected all the dino bones that you can get to before the epilogue, all the dreamcatchers and all the rock carvings. I've gotten most of the lockboxes and cigarette cards, still have a few more of those. Then I'm going to complete chapter 6 and move onto the epilogue and the completion of the game.

Anyone else still playing this?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:26 am 

Finished chapter 6 finally! SPOILERS>>>>>

was not happy with the ending, sad to see Arthur go out like that. Figured for sure he would get to kill Micah and Dutch and then would die from tuberculosis. Now I'm in the epilogue with John, but have no guns or anything. I assume I get all that stuff back at some point.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:46 am 

Made it to Epilogue part 2 last night. Finally got to visit Blackwater.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:41 am 

I'm done! Finished last night although the game says I'm at 90%. Overall a great game. Maybe could've used a little more weapon variety and incentive to use other weapons as I basically used the same 2-3 guns the entire game.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:59 am 

shakes wrote:
I'm done! Finished last night although the game says I'm at 90%. Overall a great game. Maybe could've used a little more weapon variety and incentive to use other weapons as I basically used the same 2-3 guns the entire game.

Agreed.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 230 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8