It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:30 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New Fallout
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 5:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
Its coming. Between this and WoW Classic it'll be nice to have something other than Overwatch I want to play.

Post subject: Re: New Fallout
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 7:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
I know the image they posted is the "please stand by" from the Fallout universe but I'll be shocked if their next game is another Fallout. There have been rumors of this "Starfield" for years now and I'd also be surprised if we didn't get another Elder Scrolls game from Bethesda before another Fallout.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 8:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
I can't deal with Bethesda Fallout anymore. Fuck Ron Howard.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 9:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
All i want is a return to the days when there were multiple strategies to complete a given quest. Oh, and fully fleshed out response choices, I don't care if they can't be fully voiced.

Whether we get there with a brand new game or a remake of New Vegas with better mechanics, I don't care.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 3:31 am 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
The settlement system was pretty cool in IV but other than that it was shit.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 11:14 am 

Fallout 76.

Trailer in the link below:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/05/30/ ... -announced

The accompanying music track hints at a location in or near West Virginia. Appears to be set before any previous Fallout titles, shortly after the Great War:

Kotaku apparently saying the game will be "online"...whatever that means.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 5:45 pm 

I was bummed when I found out BGS is going back to the Fallout universe so soon (Elder Scolls VI plz) but then to find out it's very likely going to be an MMO-like? That is absolutely not the sort of game I want from those guys.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 6:57 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
lipidquadcab wrote:
I was bummed when I found out BGS is going back to the Fallout universe so soon (Elder Scolls VI plz) but then to find out it's very likely going to be an MMO-like? That is absolutely not the sort of game I want from those guys.

Really? Why? I love the mmo concept. Is there a downside in the fallout universe?

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 8:58 pm 

Darkside wrote:
lipidquadcab wrote:

Really? Why? I love the mmo concept. Is there a downside in the fallout universe?

I just think they are really good at crafting a great single player open world experience and I hate to see them get away from that to chase the "always online" craze that has been sweeping the gaming landscape for years now.

Plus I already have Destiny 2 and Elder Scrolls Online. I don't need another game like that demanding a large chunk of my time on a weekly basis.

Also for fucks sake it's been almost 7 years since Skyrim and I'm pretty sure the only thing that hasn't been ported to by now are fridges, so it's due time for something new in the Elder Scrolls universe from them.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:43 pm 

Bunch of gameplay video dropped after media and gaming YouTubers were hosted at The Greenbrier by Bethesda.

https://www.reddit.com/r/fo76/comments/ ... ge_thread/

All of the footage was captured on Xbox One X, so the better-rendered stuff is about the fidelity you're looking at on console (don't watch the one labeled "4K 60FPS", guy has no clue about video bitrate).

It's....interesting. No NPC's, quests are either stumbled upon, given by a robot, or holotape. Fallout has been known for its ability to tell immersive stories without NPC's guiding you through every step, but I'm afraid that a complete lack of them will leave the game feeling barren and lonely after a few hours or days, which I guess works for the aesthetic (you're released some 25 years after the bombs fell, so some of the first few humans to re-settle the area).

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:38 pm 

This looks really bad and before someone screams "it's on a console" I'll remind you the One X is the most powerful one on the market, and capable of running games at native 4k at 60fps.

This game looks like ass and seems empty. The gun play is just Fallout 4 again. This is DLC shipped as a 60$ game.

Ron Howard you've done it again.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:39 pm 

ToxicMasculinity wrote:
This looks really bad and before someone screams "it's on a console" I'll remind you the One X is the most powerful one on the market, and capable of running games at native 4k at 60fps.

This game looks like ass and seems empty. The gun play is just Fallout 4 again. This is DLC shipped as a 60$ game.

Ron Howard you've done it again.

To be fair though, we don't know how the footage was captured, and from what I've seen in all these videos the bitrate isn't helping, a lot of the fuzziness you see in textures could actually be distortion due to bitrate constraints. It will likely look much better live and in-person.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:11 am 

I'm also reading now that the game shown off at The Greenbrier was Alpha stage, a version that was sectioned off two weeks before the event at the end of September. Essentially, the footage being rightly critiqued now (I was wrong before, the textures and foliage look like ass that wasnt all video compression) was the game two months from release.

Unfortunately, the console versions are being held back by the underpowered PS4 Pro, which is running the Nvidia equivalent of a 1060 to the One X's 1070 equivalent.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:59 am 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
I'm also reading now that the game shown off at The Greenbrier was Alpha stage, a version that was sectioned off two weeks before the event at the end of September. Essentially, the footage being rightly critiqued now (I was wrong before, the textures and foliage look like ass that wasnt all video compression) was the game two months from release.

Unfortunately, the console versions are being held back by the underpowered PS4 Pro, which is running the Nvidia equivalent of a 1060 to the One X's 1070 equivalent.

Bethesda games have simply never been graphically demanding on current gen PC components. The PS4 Pro is more than able to handle the best of what Bethesda has to throw at it.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:58 pm 

IMU wrote:

Bethesda games have simply never been graphically demanding on current gen PC components. The PS4 Pro is more than able to handle the best of what Bethesda has to throw at it.

Sure, at 1080 and maybe 1440, but when trying to churn out 4K, the 1060 chugs on Fallout 4—even an overclocked 1060 averages 30FPS.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:21 pm 

IMU wrote:

Sure, at 1080 and maybe 1440, but when trying to churn out 4K, the 1060 chugs on Fallout 4—even an overclocked 1060 averages 30FPS.

A 970 GTX, which I have in my PC, runs 4K Fallout 4 at over 30 FPS average, and will rarely dip to 25 FPS or so at the lowest.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:40 pm 

IMU wrote:
IMU wrote:

A 970 GTX, which I have in my PC, runs 4K Fallout 4 at over 30 FPS average, and will rarely dip to 25 FPS or so at the lowest.

All the test bench stuff I've seen has the 1060 around 30-31 fps running F4 on the highest settings at 4K. And even then the PS4 Pro's GPU clock speeds are all slower than that of a 6GB 1060. These guys even have the 1060 besting the Pro GPU by 50%:

https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/p ... -gpu.c2876

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:41 pm 

I don't have a 1060, but my 970 numbers are a real life example. It isn't overclocked either.

edit: I did find this though, which seems to support my 970 GTX experience. https://www.gamersnexus.net/game-bench/ ... esolutions Too old for the 1000 series cards though.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:02 pm 

IMU wrote:
I don't have a 1060, but my 970 numbers are a real life example. It isn't overclocked either.

edit: I did find this though, which seems to support my 970 GTX experience. https://www.gamersnexus.net/game-bench/ ... esolutions Too old for the 1000 series cards though.

Who knows, then. But for what it's worth, in terms of overall power, my above link has your 970 rated as 30% above the PS4 Pro abilities. So maybe the 1060 comparison for the PS4 Pro GPU is being more generous than I thought. It's basically a 1050ti. I think that will hold back development on the graphics side of things.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:02 pm 

Either way it looks like a bad game. No NPCs, lack of players on servers, and unclear PVP rules.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:08 pm 

ToxicMasculinity wrote:
Either way it looks like a bad game. No NPCs, lack of players on servers, and unclear PVP rules.

Yeah I want to hear more about how they're going to deal with griefing in-game. It's one thing to have a bunch of low-levels running around slapping each other with garbage weapons, but what happens when a troll in X-01 power armor wants to mess with someone who just popped out of the Vault or made it over a level curve? They say the initial PvP shot, regardless of the level of the agressor, is like a "slap in the face" in terms of damage, and if you refuse to engage, continued hits from the aggressor will do the same damage as the initial hit, which sounds interesting, but needs to be implemented correctly.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:27 pm 

I'm definitely not buying this day 1, and if I do play, it would be PC. Don't like FPS on console / controllers. But I'm not impressed, and there is already a ton of stuff to play this fall and winter.