It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:05 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: TCL
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
I see a lot of these televisions in Costco. Super cheap. Fastest growing TV brand in the United States. First China gets data access from Facebook, now they’re listening in on our family room conversations.

I’m probably going to buy one of these though.

Post subject: Re: TCL
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:18 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
They get good reviews. That will be our next one when the Panasonic plasma goes out.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
We'll get another Sorny.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
My newest TV (month old) is a TCL 55" 4K HDR. It was $480 I think off of Amazon. Very nice for the price. Sure, OLED or some other technologies would be better but this gets the job done for sure. I'm not in love with the simulated 120 Hz but I've already grown used to it.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:58 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Terry's Peeps wrote:
We'll get another Sorny.

I've got a 50" Jujitsu

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:01 am 

pizza_Place: It's gone
The cheap asian brands are pretty good. Someone I know got TCL and they like it and it cost them way less than a name brand. Hisense is also good. Even tv's at walmart/target are cheap and good.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:19 pm 

Chatted with the Costco TV guy earlier today. They’ve only got three of the 5 series TCLs left. He mentioned quite a few people return their TCLs (one reason is they don’t like the remote :lol: volume button is on the side maybe?). Said the 6 series aren’t coming to Costco yet, maybe because of the tarif deal. I was surprised when he said Samsung has gone down in quality recently and that they paid people to post negative reviews on competitor brands online. This guy wouldn’t stop talking but he definitely knew his shit. Said Vizio is best bang for buck. I wish those OLED prices would drop.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:32 pm 

Ron Wolfley wrote:
Chatted with the Costco TV guy earlier today. They’ve only got three of the 5 series TCLs left. He mentioned quite a few people return their TCLs (one reason is they don’t like the remote :lol: volume button is on the side maybe?). Said the 6 series aren’t coming to Costco yet, maybe because of the tarif deal. I was surprised when he said Samsung has gone down in quality recently and that they paid people to post negative reviews on competitor brands online. This guy wouldn’t stop talking but he definitely knew his shit. Said Vizio is best bang for buck. I wish those OLED prices would drop.

I bought a 32 inch Vizio smart TV for the bedroom for 140 at Best Buy. It's pretty nice.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Investigating
Have a TCL 55" from Costco 9 months ago. It works well in a darker room. Check online reviews from CNET et. al. Price was good and if you can handle a ROKU remote (duh) you should be fine. Visio was not highly rated at the time of my purchase, but a new TV of same size with new model # may have come out that is far superior.

Now if you wanna put on your conspiracy cap, don't buy dat chinese crap cause they will be watching me snore...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Investigating
Have a TCL 55" from Costco 9 months ago. It works well in a darker room. Check online reviews from CNET et. al. Price was good and if you can handle a ROKU remote (duh) you should be fine. Visio was not highly rated at the time of my purchase, but a new TV of same size with new model # may have come out that is far superior.

Now if you wanna put on your conspiracy cap, don't buy dat chinese crap cause they will be watching me snore...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:52 am 

Peoria Matt wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:

I bought a 32 inch Vizio smart TV for the bedroom for 140 at Best Buy. It's pretty nice.

Your bed bugs even think that TV is too small.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:58 am 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
Check what the TV looks like when showing waterfalls.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:01 am 

Reported

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:09 pm 

Deciding between TCL series 5 QLED, Sony 750h, and Vizio M series quantum for the bedroom.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
some of the backlights on my 2016 vizio m series burned out after only a couple of years. the result is a blotchly looking dark spots that arent bad enough to get rid of the tv, but sure as hell is annoying. will not be buying a vizio again. the 2016 vizio m series was rated very highly by rtings. before the backlight issue arose i was pretty happy with the tv but for what i paid i should have gotten a couple more years out of it before it started having issues.

TCL's are priced so cheap i cant imagine you get more than a couple years out of them.

meanwhile my 2007, 1080p 58" panny plasma is still doing good work as the basement tv.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
From a conference call I was on recently with Vizio (just went public), TCL is supposed to be the value brand. Unless you are extremely price sensitive, I would go with Samsung or Vizio.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:49 pm 

Sold the Vizio TV. Replaced with a 42 inch Samsung.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Peoria Matt wrote:

I have had good luck with both....I have a lot of tvs due the man cave. My only Vizio complaint is the lack of Roku support built in.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:55 pm 

denisdman wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:

I have had good luck with both....I have a lot of tvs due the man cave. My only Vizio complaint is the lack of Roku support built in.

That's why I got rid of it. There was an app that wasn't available with the Vizio. We bought a Sony for the basement and that thing is awesome.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
denisdman wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:

I've been happy with my 75" LG -- was going to go with the 77" OLED but I believe MicroLED is coming soon and is superior to OLED. Unfortunately they are $30k and up.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 3:47 pm 

billypootons wrote:
some of the backlights on my 2016 vizio m series burned out after only a couple of years. the result is a blotchly looking dark spots that arent bad enough to get rid of the tv, but sure as hell is annoying. will not be buying a vizio again. the 2016 vizio m series was rated very highly by rtings. before the backlight issue arose i was pretty happy with the tv but for what i paid i should have gotten a couple more years out of it before it started having issues.

TCL's are priced so cheap i cant imagine you get more than a couple years out of them.

meanwhile my 2007, 1080p 58" panny plasma is still doing good work as the basement tv.

I've had my Samsung 50 inch 1080p DLP since 2005. I've replaced the bulb just once in 16 years. It's a great television but I'm getting tired of its clunkiness. I want to replace it with something I can hang on the wall and make the bedroom look a little cleaner.

A majority of the television watching will be on the Sony in the family room. Another Sony or even Samsung would be nice in the bedroom, but part of me feels like a cheaper TV will do the job. I don't need a very bright one either as the thing will only be watched at night. I have read about yellow lines/hues with TCL and now your issues with your Vizio. Maybe I will choose an older Sony or Samsung model and pay a little bit more. I'd like the thing to last at least 5 years.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:15 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
I am very happy with my Sharp Roku 60.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:39 pm 

Ron Wolfley wrote:
billypootons wrote:

I've had my Samsung 50 inch 1080p DLP since 2005. I've replaced the bulb just once in 16 years. It's a great television but I'm getting tired of its clunkiness. I want to replace it with something I can hang on the wall and make the bedroom look a little cleaner.

A majority of the television watching will be on the Sony in the family room. Another Sony or even Samsung would be nice in the bedroom, but part of me feels like a cheaper TV will do the job. I don't need a very bright one either as the thing will only be watched at night. I have read about yellow lines/hues with TCL and now your issues with your Vizio. Maybe I will choose an older Sony or Samsung model and pay a little bit more. I'd like the thing to last at least 5 years.

I paid $199 for our 42" Samsung last Thanksgiving.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:42 pm 

pittmike wrote:
I am very happy with my Sharp Roku 60.

Our first bedroom TV when we moved in 18 years ago was a 26 inch Aquos LCD. ($999) Thing was a tank and had awesome speakers on each side of the screen. Still working when we switched out.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:43 pm 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
I had a 55’” TCL that crapped out after a couple years. I liked it so much that I bought one for my parents. They have not had any issues with theirs but they’ve only had it 15 months. The Roku TV was very nice and the picture was excellent. But we definitely didn’t get our moneys worth. I replaced it with a Hisense and the Google TV operating system SUCKS.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:59 pm 

Peoria Matt wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:
billypootons wrote:

I paid $199 for our 42" Samsung last Thanksgiving.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:21 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
Ron Wolfley wrote:
billypootons wrote:

im not the only one that had that issue with my particular vizio model. quite a few in the avforum thread on that tv had the same issue. they might have fixed it on their newer tv's but i'll try another brand on my next purchase.

i worry on the cheap tv's that the refresh rate/processing wont be up to par. nothing bugs me more than motion glitchiness while watching sports

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
I'm sorry you're all poor.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
T-Boz
Chili
Left Eye

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2021 7:41 am 

TCL is good for a summer cabin, but my god if youre buying for your house get something at least halfway decent. every brand makes shitty and good tv's, but not TCL. they are all shit. And if you think the picture is good it's because your eyes are shit.