It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:27 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: TCL
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2021 1:05 pm 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
IkeSouth wrote:
TCL is good for a summer cabin, but my god if youre buying for your house get something at least halfway decent. every brand makes shitty and good tv's, but not TCL. they are all shit. And if you think the picture is good it's because your eyes are shit.

Maybe people don't care about their TV that much. Actually, TCL gets very good reviews and their series 6 model was lauded for its excellent image quality. Personally, I've gone through several middle of the road TVs over the last 10 years which crapped out before they should have- Panasonic, LG, and TCL. And I don't watch that much TV anyways. From what I read, 7-10 years is average for a TV and paying for a more expensive TV doesn't guarantee that it is going to be more reliable. Fuck if I am going to spend $700 to $1000 for a TV for my kids to play video games on. A cheap one will do just fine. Besides, I like watching sports on my iPad anyways.

Now I did spend nearly 3k on electronics for my boat but I need forward-facing sonar.

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2021 1:09 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
Costco doesn't sell TCL anymore - we went a few months ago and they no longer stocked them. What a shame because I really like their TVs. A lot of bang for the price. 50/55 inch TCL was like $250 at Costco for a great tv.

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2021 1:10 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
DAC wrote:
IkeSouth wrote:
TCL is good for a summer cabin, but my god if youre buying for your house get something at least halfway decent. every brand makes shitty and good tv's, but not TCL. they are all shit. And if you think the picture is good it's because your eyes are shit.

Maybe people don't care about their TV that much. Actually, TCL gets very good reviews and their series 6 model was lauded for its excellent image quality. Personally, I've gone through several middle of the road TVs over the last 10 years which crapped out before they should have- Panasonic, LG, and TCL. And I don't watch that much TV anyways. From what I read, 7-10 years is average for a TV and paying for a more expensive TV doesn't guarantee that it is going to be more reliable. Fuck if I am going to spend $700 to $1000 for a TV for my kids to play video games on. A cheap one will do just fine. Besides, I like watching sports on my iPad anyways.

Now I did spend nearly 3k on electronics for my boat but I need forward-facing sonar.

I have a panasonic plasma back home which is probably like 15 years old now but it still puts out a great picture for watching movies.

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2021 6:16 pm 

DAC wrote:
IkeSouth wrote:

manufacturers also claim they can't make quality products because nobody buys them. so yea, youre right, lots of people love TCL's image quality. i mean even ugly chicks get laid a lot.

find a bar that cares. many do. it's obvious, they have high end model tv's and they are calibrated. the picture quality is amazing, from any angle. but that may just be a side effect of their choice to buy 'long lasting', as those tv's need to be on all the time.

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2021 1:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
I've owned a Kuro, a Panasonic VT and currently have a LG OLED.

I've also owned 4 TCL's. Sure, the image quality isn't the same as the above listed TV's. But for a second TV, they are quite amazing, have Roku built in and last a while.

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2021 4:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
shakes wrote:
I'm sorry you're all poor.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2022 8:37 pm 

My 85 inch Sony 850g television is no good. I was playing FIFA against my old college roommate the other day — I got up from the couch and flung/thrusted my fist (with controller in hand) towards the television in excitement after scoring a pretty insane header to go up 2-0. Problem is the controller did not have a battery cover and the batteries flew like bullets towards the screen. We never saw the batteries hit the screen, that’s how fast it happened.

Long story short, I’m thinking of buying another 85 inch Sony television, this time around the X85j. OLEDs are terrific, they’re just a little out of my price range for the size I’m looking for (I see prices have come down though compared to when I bought 2 years ago). I wonder too much about that burn-in with the ESPN and news tickers.

Anyone buy a TV recently?

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2022 1:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
shakes wrote:
I'm sorry you're all poor.

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2022 1:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Ron Wolfley wrote:
My 85 inch Sony 850g television is no good. I was playing FIFA against my old college roommate the other day — I got up from the couch and flung/thrusted my fist (with controller in hand) towards the television in excitement after scoring a pretty insane header to go up 2-0. Problem is the controller did not have a battery cover and the batteries flew like bullets towards the screen. We never saw the batteries hit the screen, that’s how fast it happened.

Long story short, I’m thinking of buying another 85 inch Sony television, this time around the X85j. OLEDs are terrific, they’re just a little out of my price range for the size I’m looking for (I see prices have come down though compared to when I bought 2 years ago). I wonder too much about that burn-in with the ESPN and news tickers.

Anyone buy a TV recently?

I just bought a Sony XBR 4k for our master bedroom. It's very nice. I go through a boutique Video/Audo company and just tell them to get me nice stuff and they brought the Sony. For my main TV that I had them install a year and a half ago they brought an 85" LG that is fantastic.

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2022 3:45 pm 

my 55'' samsung from 7 years ago is still running strong. might stick with Samsung or not break the bank and go TCL.

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2022 4:09 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
I have an LG OLED 2021 C1 from Costco. The picture is ridiculously good. it comes in much bigger sizes too.
The screen is maybe a quarter inch thick. I'd recommend that model to anyone, especially gamers and sports fans. LG makes most of the OLED screens you find in pretty much every competitor tv.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.