It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:13 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: SEGA *Mega Drive* Mini
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:09 am 

It was only about 4 years ago that i was still hooking up my Genesis to an old tube TV and playing MK and Sonic 2. But had to get rid of the TV because it was taking up too much space. it was huge.

now, i really long for those days. the latest MINI is definitely cool in its detail and design. it has everything down to openable flaps (that do nothing).

there are 42 games, and some of them i have no interest in ever playing. however, with inclusions like "toejam & earl", "beyond oasis" and "vectorman", it's worth the buy. it also has the Genesis' Contra and Castlevania games.

emulations on this definitely look like emulations, and not exactly like the graphics you'd see back in the day. they look a little "put on".

but the gameplay is still fun. i was rockin' out to "streets of rage 2" and that is such a satisfying beat-em-up. i think moreso than "double dragon".

i wish it did have "mortal kombat" and some sports games, but licensing wouldn't allow for that. plus, i'm sure there is a way that you can put all the games on the thing, like people have with the NES and SNES Mini's.

i also like that it came with 2 controllers. i still don't get why the NES one didn't, because it came with 2 player games. that just seemed like a cheat, since you'd have to buy a second controller.

overall, it's solid. i would recommend changing the background to black, because stretching to widescreen looks terrible, and the other backgrounds to me are distracting.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:05 am 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
I've been reading that the sound emulation is solid but that sound lag is a few frames off, I'm sure this sucker will be hacked shortly, though.

Love the look and the fact that you can get all the little Sega CD/32x "add ons." I'll pick it up with a 6-button controller I have these games on my SNES Mini (not to be "that guy") but I like the look of the Genesis more.

And still no Sonic 3?