It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:43 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: NBA 2K
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:48 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Anyone play this? I just got 2k20 a few weeks ago. Haven't played a basketball game since Bird vs MJ 1v1 computer game back in the 80s.

Took me some time to get used to the controls and still getting used to them, but it's a cool game.

Playing the MyTeam mode. It's weird, but fun. The player ratings make no sense and it's a little confusing trying to figure out which cards to use, but there is a ton of content and I'm liking it. There are some cards you can level up so I've been focusing on those, but it's a lot of work to level them up and some of them become obsolete after you do.

2k21 comes out soon, but I've got so much to do in this game I think I'm just gonna play this one till I get a PS5 and then make the change.

Post subject: Re: NBA 2K
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Played 2K exclusively from December on until MLB The Show came out in March. Myteam is pretty cool if you're not playing people online that have dropped hundreds into the game for the best team, as there's plenty of offline stuff to keep busy with. The weird thing about picking it up now is card inflation. In January you'd have a team full of Amethysts and Golds where by May you'd have Pink Diamonds and Galaxy Opals. That's the issue you find with the Evo cards, they were definitely worth grinding up when they first came out, but you can get better cards for free at this point if you just follow the Locker Codes they put out.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:08 pm 

KDdidit wrote:
Played 2K exclusively from December on until MLB The Show came out in March. Myteam is pretty cool if you're not playing people online that have dropped hundreds into the game for the best team, as there's plenty of offline stuff to keep busy with. The weird thing about picking it up now is card inflation. In January you'd have a team full of Amethysts and Golds where by May you'd have Pink Diamonds and Galaxy Opals. That's the issue you find with the Evo cards, they were definitely worth grinding up when they first came out, but you can get better cards for free at this point if you just follow the Locker Codes they put out.

yea I've already landed some really good players and even a Galaxy Opal card, but so far I've just been trying to Evo players. Been making my way through rookie level Domination which seems like a great place to do the evo'ing. But, most of the cards I am doing this with are considered irrelevant now. I think after i evo some of these I might stop doing the evo and just start playing my best players or players I like and just doing Evo for the cards worth doing it. It's quite a grind to evo some of these cards.

Did you buy/sell cards at auction or just try and get them from packs? I'm reluctant to sell the players cause I like the idea of trying to collect the sets, but i don't have a ton of MT. I've been selling all the contract cards which brings in MT. Should I sell shoes or do you use those?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
I've only been playing Madden 20 this year. I wish they'd bring back All-Star Team Up for public play.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:36 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
the nba game is free. my son got it last week online for his playstation. i played it with him some a few nights ago. it looks amazing - the technology these days is really impressive.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:27 pm 

HawaiiYou wrote:
the nba game is free. my son got it last week online for his playstation. i played it with him some a few nights ago. it looks amazing - the technology these days is really impressive.

It's only free if you have a PS+ or XBox Gold account. I don't have that so I paid $20 for it new at Target.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
shakes wrote:
Did you buy/sell cards at auction or just try and get them from packs? I'm reluctant to sell the players cause I like the idea of trying to collect the sets, but i don't have a ton of MT. I've been selling all the contract cards which brings in MT. Should I sell shoes or do you use those?

I got most of my team from packs. Once in a while I'd buy a card low if some pack came out and everybody was selling at once and cratering prices. I bought all the Bulls though just to have them, not that any of them were good enough to be expensive. Never used any shoes except the diamond ones that last forever.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2022 1:03 pm 

This new game mode (MyNBA Eras) in 2K23 sounds pretty cool. Might have to pick up a next-gen console just for this.

https://www.operationsports.com/rewrite-nba-history-in-nba-2k23-with-all-new-mynba-eras/#comments

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2022 1:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
I'd structure it like this:

1999 - 2003: Duncan, Shaq, KG, Kobe, AI era

2003 - 2010: Lebron, Melo, Wade, Dirk, Kobe era

2011 - 2016: Lebron, Steph, KD, Harden era

2016 - present: KD, Steph, Giannis, Luka era

Probably missing several people

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2022 10:29 pm 

I think they just wanted to structure it as starting the year before big draft classes. 1983-1984 season is in the midst of the Lakers-Celtics rivalry and right before the '84 draft. 1991-1992 season is the beginning of the MJ era and the possibility of drafting Shaq. They're calling the Kobe Era starting from the 2002-2003 season, right before the legendary '03 draft. I wonder what Jay Williams' rating is? Or Jalen Rose and Eddy Curry? I give props to 2K for doing this. I know a lot of people show videos on YouTube with "mods" doing a lot of similar things on the PC experimenting with different rosters and stuff but this is finally mainstream now. No matter what era you start from, you 2K allows you to go 80 seasons. And they have every single draft class ready to go. It's pretty amazing.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 8:33 am 

Ron Wolfley wrote:
This new game mode (MyNBA Eras) in 2K23 sounds pretty cool. Might have to pick up a next-gen console just for this.

https://www.operationsports.com/rewrite-nba-history-in-nba-2k23-with-all-new-mynba-eras/#comments

bought this a week ago for this mode and a week later I still haven't figured out how to set it up correctly. Keep trying and failing to add a user created 1984 draft class. Also keep trying and failing to set up a league without a salary cap. Who knew video games were so hard nowadays, I can't even beat the menu screens.