It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:59 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Diablo 4
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2023 7:33 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
you can say those people are morons and you might be right, but there's no denying that the number of "morons" universally blasting this game right now is pretty staggering.

They're saying the end game sucks, the seasons suck and the loot and character skill progression is completely unfun and just consists of incremental stat increases once you get past the initial stages of building a character.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2023 7:48 am 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
shakes wrote:
you can say those people are morons and you might be right, but there's no denying that the number of "morons" universally blasting this game right now is pretty staggering.

They're saying the end game sucks, the seasons suck and the loot and character skill progression is completely unfun and just consists of incremental stat increases once you get past the initial stages of building a character.

Ok. That's their opinion. They're entitled to it. Maybe it's just that I don't get as much playtime as they do, but I'm enjoying it just fine.
Also I feel like they're comparing a launch version to the full versions of d2 and d3 which are polished, updated, expanded and de bugged. This is a game that just launched two months ago.
Anyway do with that what you will.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2023 10:24 am 

Darkside you still playing this? If you are you might be one of the only ones. Apparently the number of people still playing this has dropped off dramatically. Lots of complaints that end game is horrible.

I'm still thinking about getting this just for the campaign just to check it out for myself.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2023 10:32 am 

shakes wrote:
Darkside you still playing this? If you are you might be one of the only ones. Apparently the number of people still playing this has dropped off dramatically. Lots of complaints that end game is horrible.

I'm still thinking about getting this just for the campaign just to check it out for myself.

Still playing it yeah but a lot of my recent weeks was getting Doug thru the campaign. We'd go thru it with you if you want.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2023 10:55 am 

shakes wrote:

This is all true. I burnt out midway through season 1. Tired of unloading my shit inventory drops, scanning every stat to see if it is a keeper or trash. You literally do this after every dungeon run. Sometimes twice each run. Nothing fun about a world boss or running the same hell tides event over and over. Hate the paragon system board at end game. After you build your character to lvl 50 the game falls off a cliff.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2023 10:57 am 

Juiced wrote:
shakes wrote:

This is all true. I burnt out midway through season 1. Tired of unloading my shit inventory drops, scanning every stat to see if it is a keeper or trash. You literally do this after every dungeon run. Sometimes twice each run. Nothing fun about a world boss or running the same hell tides event over and over. Hate the paragon system board at end game. After you build your character to lvl 50 the game falls off a cliff.

did you like the campaign though? that's the only part I plan to play.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2023 12:01 pm 

shakes wrote:
Juiced wrote:
shakes wrote:

Yes, but it is not worth the $70. Would wait for it to go on sale. Finished the campaign in two weeks, playing a couple hours a day. I did have the help of friends to get me through the campaign.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2023 12:14 pm 

Juiced wrote:
shakes wrote:
Juiced wrote:
shakes wrote:

Yes, but it is not worth the $70. Would wait for it to go on sale. Finished the campaign in two weeks, playing a couple hours a day. I did have the help of friends to get me through the campaign.

It was on sale recently... like half price or something.
Supposed to be some pretty big changes coming with season 2 in 3 weeks.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2023 4:19 pm 

Darkside wrote:
Juiced wrote:
shakes wrote:
Juiced wrote:
shakes wrote:

It was on sale recently... like half price or something.
Supposed to be some pretty big changes coming with season 2 in 3 weeks.

I will go back to it if they fix endgame inventory management and make the season more unique. Star Trek online did this fairly well with their chapters, but they had years of an iconic franchise to work with.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 10:46 am 

started Diablo 4 over the weekend. So far not a fan. Which is a shame because it's one of my all time favorite genres, love the isometric dungeon crawler looter shooter RPG.

But as a solo player only this game is tough to stomach in parts. For me the biggest deal breaker is that you can't pause your game in the middle and come back to it hours or a day later and still be at the same spot. It kicks you back to the town. I HATE that. I like to play games at my own speed and usually that means playing for a half hour here, 45 minutes there and stopping whenever I want to go do other things. sometimes not coming back to the game for days at a time. Every other game I play lets you do that and come back right to the exact same spot when you boot it back up.

Also so far the combat doesn't feel very interactive. Feels like I'm just watching dice being rolled as opposed to being actively involved in the combat. maybe that feeling goes away as I get more into the game.

And don't like that there are other players around. I'm fighting something and some other dude starts fighting as well. Who gets the chest in that situation? Do we each get our own or is it a race to get there first?