It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:34 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Diablo 4
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2023 8:11 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Got about 20-25 hours in so far. I'm sincerely impressed. Now I've always been a Diablo franchise fan. But this one takes the cake. Honestly the story sucks. That's pretty common for ARPGs. But the CGI cutscenes are amazing. The main villan is a fair well crafted character with impressive depth, deep enough to make you wonder if you're on the right side. I feel like there's an easy 500 hours here to play, maybe even more (I've got more than 4k hours in both versions of destiny so ya know I find a game and play the fuck out of it). The game world is wide open and you can play at whatever pace you want and go wherever you want, although I'd recommend rushing thru the campaign so you can get access to the high difficulty levels and really open up the skill trees and xp levels.
I feel like it's absolutely worth the investment.
I think this is an easy 9/10 game and it will be even better with the inevitable expansions.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

Post subject: Re: Diablo 4
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2023 10:02 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Dunno what any of that means..but I like their Sawzall blades.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2023 7:59 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Darkside wrote:
Got about 20-25 hours in so far. I'm sincerely impressed. Now I've always been a Diablo franchise fan. But this one takes the cake. Honestly the story sucks. That's pretty common for ARPGs. But the CGI cutscenes are amazing. The main villan is a fair well crafted character with impressive depth, deep enough to make you wonder if you're on the right side. I feel like there's an easy 500 hours here to play, maybe even more (I've got more than 4k hours in both versions of destiny so ya know I find a game and play the fuck out of it). The game world is wide open and you can play at whatever pace you want and go wherever you want, although I'd recommend rushing thru the campaign so you can get access to the high difficulty levels and really open up the skill trees and xp levels.
I think this is an easy 9/10 game and it will be even better with the inevitable expansions.

I'm looking forward to finally getting a chance to play probably Decemberish when I finish up with Zelda.

I only play single player so not happy about the always online component, but from what I hear it's still a great single player experience so far.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:06 am 

shakes wrote:
Darkside wrote:

I'm looking forward to finally getting a chance to play probably Decemberish when I finish up with Zelda.

I only play single player so not happy about the always online component, but from what I hear it's still a great single player experience so far.

It is. You don't have to interact with others at all. They're in town, show up to public events, things like that but they don't get in the way and actual dungeons are privately instanced so you don't see them when you're not out in the open.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2023 12:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Sam’s - Oglesby, IL
Darkside wrote:

Is the perspective top down, kind of off at an angle?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2023 12:37 pm 

The Division wrote:
Darkside wrote:

Angled.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2023 6:36 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Colombo's
I played the hell out of 1 and 2. I heard 3 sucked so didn't bother. Blizzard was firing on all cylinders back in the day.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2023 7:41 pm 

Darkside wrote:
The Division wrote:
Darkside wrote:

Angled.

ok, I saw some gameplay of that. I don't like that perspective so I probably won't play it.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2023 6:56 am 

The Division wrote:
Darkside wrote:
The Division wrote:
Darkside wrote:

Angled.

ok, I saw some gameplay of that. I don't like that perspective so I probably won't play it.

Awesome. Your contribution to this thread was immense.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2023 8:01 am 

The Division wrote:
Darkside wrote:

it's called isometric top down.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2023 6:00 pm 

Darkside wrote:
The Division wrote:
Darkside wrote:
The Division wrote:
Darkside wrote:

Angled.

Awesome. Your contribution to this thread was immense.

Always glad to help out.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2023 8:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Geo's Pizza
Is Diablo 4 continuing the concept of Seasons like Diablo 3? Haven't had the chance to play it yet as I decided to revisit Fallout 4.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2023 7:56 am 

Does Diablo respect pronouns and we need to boycott?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2023 9:28 am 

Brick wrote:

What in the holy hell are you talking about?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2023 11:07 am 

Darkside wrote:
Brick wrote:

Seems to be a straight forward question.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2023 6:34 pm 

Brick wrote:
Darkside wrote:
Brick wrote:

Seems to be a straight forward question.

Jesus christ man. You really need a couple fucking hobbies.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2023 6:47 pm 

Nearly a month in and not suck of it. Having a blast building my character and gearing up. Still a real challenge while closing in on level 75 on my main. Its fun. Worth the bux.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2023 7:50 am 

Hey Darkside, how was the single player campaign? That's the only mode I am interested in.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2023 6:53 am 

shakes wrote:
Hey Darkside, how was the single player campaign? That's the only mode I am interested in.

It's good. It will be over long before your character is even ready to get to world tier 3. The campaign is just the start of the game really. Some really great moments and one exceptional cut scene (probably the best cut scene in any game ever).

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2023 8:35 am 

Darkside wrote:
shakes wrote:

It's good. It will be over long before your character is even ready to get to world tier 3. The campaign is just the start of the game really. Some really great moments and one exceptional cut scene (probably the best cut scene in any game ever).

thanks. And is there still no new game +?

My issue is I want to play the campaign and nothing else and i want to be able to max a character do new game + on higher difficulties.

How long is the campaign? I'm hearing different thing. I've heard 25 hours and I've heard 50 hours.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2023 9:13 am 

shakes wrote:
Darkside wrote:
shakes wrote:

thanks. And is there still no new game +?

My issue is I want to play the campaign and nothing else and i want to be able to max a character do new game + on higher difficulties.

How long is the campaign? I'm hearing different thing. I've heard 25 hours and I've heard 50 hours.

There is no new game + unless you're talking about doing a seasonal character (previously ladder characters). I found that surprising myself. Perhaps that changes when the expansion comes out. Not sure. You can take 25 hours and grind out the campaign or you can level up, do side quests, move up in world tiers, find hidden stuff on the world map and take 100 hours to fill out the campaign.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2023 1:55 pm 

Darkside wrote:
shakes wrote:

The beginning cut scene in the church with the priest and his "subjects" was my favorite cut scene.

That is when I realized this game was going to be epic. Just unlocked world tier 4 and started Season 1.

Having a blast with the game.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2023 2:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou's, Pequod's
I never played any of the Diablo games. I know 2 was considered epic, 3 had mixed reviews, convince me now in 2023 why i should start with 4.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2023 2:34 pm 

Juiced wrote:
Darkside wrote:
shakes wrote:

The beginning cut scene in the church with the priest and his "subjects" was my favorite cut scene.

That is when I realized this game was going to be epic. Just unlocked world tier 4 and started Season 1.

That was a cool cutscene. The one I was referring to was the "Gates of Hell" scene near the end of the game.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2023 2:59 pm 

Darkside wrote:
Juiced wrote:
Darkside wrote:
shakes wrote:

That was a cool cutscene. The one I was referring to was the "Gates of Hell" scene near the end of the game.

I rushed through the end scenes so I could catch up with my friends. Is that the scene where Lilith fights her former lover?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm 

Apologist wrote:
I never played any of the Diablo games. I know 2 was considered epic, 3 had mixed reviews, convince me now in 2023 why i should start with 4.

This was the first Diablo game I have ever played. Mostly stick to MMO's but a group of friends convinced me to play it and I love it.

Combat, Skills, Gear progression and the diversity of class specific builds has kept me interested.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2023 6:21 pm 

Juiced wrote:
Darkside wrote:
Juiced wrote:
Darkside wrote:
shakes wrote:

I rushed through the end scenes so I could catch up with my friends. Is that the scene where Lilith fights her former lover?

Yeah and the actual war at the gates of hell.

Shakes if you're just playing an ARPG for the campaign only... I feel like you're doing it wrong. This game might not be for you.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2023 4:09 pm 

Darkside wrote:
Juiced wrote:
Darkside wrote:
Juiced wrote:
Darkside wrote:
shakes wrote:

Yeah and the actual war at the gates of hell.

Shakes if you're just playing an ARPG for the campaign only... I feel like you're doing it wrong. This game might not be for you.

that's interesting because the game is getting blasted these days by everyone for it's end game stuff. Tons of recent youtube videos claiming the game has gone to total shit in the last few weeks.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2023 7:00 pm 

Those people, shakes, are morons.
But again, if all you really are interested in is the campaign then really no disrespect at all, these types of games aren't for you. Aarpgs are about blazing thru the campaign then playing for hundreds of hours to get the BiS gear and the perfect build for your style.

Also, unless you're a dedicated diablo devotee, I'd say no diablo game really hits its stride until the first expansion. Sit it out til that comes out and reassess.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2023 7:04 pm 

shakes wrote:

that's interesting because the game is getting blasted these days by everyone for it's end game stuff. Tons of recent youtube videos claiming the game has gone to total shit in the last few weeks.[/quote]

We had shock jockies in the 90's and the Youtubers are this generations version of them. They say anything for clicks and views.