It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 12:42 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:38 am 

Gameplay is fantastic and I like the camera angles. Improves upon what made FIFA 10 Probably their best effort. Music is better (one song is taken from NBA2K10 oddly), and the atmosphere of the game is good. I still think FIFA World Cup 2006 is 10x better than this game as far as presentation.

Still haven't gotten to the end yet; I'm working on the Captain Your Country and i'm still in qualifying. But I've heard when you win the Cup it's quite a scene.

My biggest complaint...and I still don't comprehend this...THERE'S NO CREATE A PLAYER! The only way you can do this is by doing Captain Your Country. But really...WTF?

I'm getting better at some of the fancy schmancy moves; the controls are real smooth. But defenders are right on your ass the moment you get the ball. Plus in CYC, they're kinda hard on you in scoring. You lose points easily by getting the ball taken away, even if you had no time to react to the ball coming to you.

Overall this is a solid game. But unlike '06, I probably won't be playing it after the World Cup is over.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:51 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 6 characters
I really wish I liked soccer.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:53 am 

Im thinking about picking this game up. I really don't like Soccer, but the FIFA games are usually a blast. I haven't bought one since 2003 or 2004.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:53 am 

You know what sucks? Soccer.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:43 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 6 characters
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
You know what sucks? Soccer.

You (would) know it.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
The last soccer game I played was FIFA 94 on the Genesis...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
WZ, have you ever played the Winning Eleven/PES games? They've fallen off a bit in the past couple years but they were always much better games than FIFA. I was wondering if you played both and if so how the gameplay compares in this game to the old WE games. FIFA always had a much prettier game, but the gameplay and specifically the AI were so much better in WE that it made the FIFA game unplayable for any serious soccer fans.

I'm thinking of getting the FIFA game, but not if the gameplay is still worse than WE.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:47 pm 

shakes wrote:
WZ, have you ever played the Winning Eleven/PES games? They've fallen off a bit in the past couple years but they were always much better games than FIFA. I was wondering if you played both and if so how the gameplay compares in this game to the old WE games. FIFA always had a much prettier game, but the gameplay and specifically the AI were so much better in WE that it made the FIFA game unplayable for any serious soccer fans.

I'm thinking of getting the FIFA game, but not if the gameplay is still worse than WE.

I think the tide has turned towards FIFA this year. I usually go a few years between soccer game purchases and had previously been a Winning Eleven guy. FIFA is less clunky and the graphics are better, at least on the 360. 'Course FIFA has more licensed club teams, leagues, and stadiums than WE. The editor and placeholder teams and stadiums are still in WE and I'm sure there's a file downloadable with the real teams, etc. Most online reviews I checked seemed to favor FIFA as well for the first time in awhile.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:08 pm 

i'm currently the captain of my squad but i still got another year before the WC...but right now we have 36 goals for and 0 against...so i think we'll qualify.

i found another thing i don't really like...unless i'm missing something, the user profile isn't as in depth as WC 06 was. i really don't know why they've changed so much from that format, it worked so well. it just had a very nice "aura" about it. great atmosphere. i liked how you got updates from other teams on the menu screens when you were playing the WC...like if a team lost would be like "The coach of Nigeria says he's disappointed with their loss against Japan. 'We needed to score more.'" Or it would have like "L. Donovan says, 'It's great to be a part of this and to go further for the fans.'" It just added a nice touch.

But the lack of a create a player is really really a loss.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:45 pm 

W_Z wrote:
I've heard when you win the Cup it's quite a scene.

Man oh man...I won the cup with the Americans and it really is pretty damn awesome. Especially when Clyde says, "We'll see you at the 2014 World Cup...when the DEFENDING 2010 World Cup Champions, the United States, come to defend their cup."

or something like that. it's pretty amazing.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:12 am 

Quoting yourself now? :mrgreen:

Here's a nugget for you that relates to another thread you created: I went to Hollywood video at 103rd and Harlem to go rent this game two weeks ago and the fucking store was closed down. Signed up for the free trial on gamefly.com to try and rent it and quite naturally it's not available. So, I'm stuck with FIFA 10 and it's "tournament" mode.