It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 2:16 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:30 am 

pizza_Place: Pisa Pizza, Countryside
http://www.eastsidehockeymanager.net/

Alright, this is for the curious hair's, the northsidedan's and maybe the apologist's and I'mmessedup's of the board, and anyone else interested in the management aspect of sports. One of my favorite part of the EA games is the be a Gm mode, well this is like the ultimate be a gm mode, it gives you control over every little detail. If you like that mode, you might like this.

I've has this for about a year, but recently kicked it up again this past weekend, it's basically a full GM NHL simulator, all real players, and all real prospects, all the fucking leagues you could imagine: all junior teams, all us a development teams, colleges, WHL, OHL, KHL, all the European leagues. You get control of the scouts, couches, assistant gms, ect, you control contracts, wavers, drafting, and line management, and even individual player tactics and overall team tactics. It is really in-depth. During games, you have the ability to view a 2-d visual of every play taking place in realtime:

Here's a preview of what players are rated by:

the only thing that sucks is that the rosters are from 2006-2007, so you still have the ruutu's and the vandermeer's from the dark-ages of you're a blackhawks fan. But if you're technically savvy, you can update the rosters and the staffs to current day, I did this yesterday, and it's all very accurate, and pretty easy. You can even update the schedules too, but I haven't gotten to that yet.

It's relatively expensive for a 3 year old game, $34.00, but you can download the full version and a full 30 day demo free from that website I gave you, you have to register, but it takes 2 minutes, and an instant email conformation. But similar to the 2005 MVP EA baseball game, there are thousands of people out there who keep updating rosters, and keep it up-to-date.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:59 am 

pizza_Place: Pisa Pizza, Countryside
immessedup17 wrote:
That's good stuff. I don't know if I could justify paying for it...but I will check out the demo, possibly search for a torrent.

Yeah, that was the biggest issue for me as well, the demo says you have like 60 days or something, but in reality it won't let you get past march in the first season, so I remember that I just got tired of having to keep starting over, so I decided to just spend the money, because the demo was THAT good... I don't regret spending the money at all, hours of entertainment, and all of the people dedicated to keeping it current makes it a good investment...

I forgot to mention that there is also online play as well, so you could have a league with 30 of your friends, or a competitive leagues with strangers. It can make for a really entertaining competition, or so I've heard, I've never actually done the online games...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
The have something like that for soccer...Its called Football Manager 2010...It's made by the same people that do the Eastside Manager...Its pretty cool...Not sure if I am going to buy the 2011 Football Manager...I get it for my computer...problem is my computer is to slow for it.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Been playing Championship Manager/Football Manager since 2001. It completely ruins any management game for the rest of your life since they all suck in comparison.