It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:47 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Madden 11
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Ugueth Will Shiv You wrote:
Seriously? Wait... tell me you guys are kidding. Please.

sorry Ugueth. Its not that the game isn't good, I'm sure it is when you play multiplayer as most of you do. But, I have no friends and only play games for single player and therefore I judge all sports games based on the AI and how long the game remains competitive when playing vs the computer. With Madden, the game is competitive for about 3 matches before it becomes a "who scores last" contest.

I guess I'm spoiled cause I used to pay Winning Eleven all the time and that game had amazing AI. I could play that game on the highest difficulty for a year and still occassionally lose to the computer and even when I won the games would be close for the most part. To me, that's the sign of a great game. Madden fails in that area big time.

But, like I said, I only play single player so I don't know how it is in multi. Do the games in mult play realistically? Or do they end up being arcade shootouts?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:20 pm 

shakes wrote:

sorry Ugueth. Its not that the game isn't good, I'm sure it is when you play multiplayer as most of you do. But, I have no friends and only play games for single player and therefore I judge all sports games based on the AI and how long the game remains competitive when playing vs the computer. With Madden, the game is competitive for about 3 matches before it becomes a "who scores last" contest.

I guess I'm spoiled cause I used to pay Winning Eleven all the time and that game had amazing AI. I could play that game on the highest difficulty for a year and still occassionally lose to the computer and even when I won the games would be close for the most part. To me, that's the sign of a great game. Madden fails in that area big time.

But, like I said, I only play single player so I don't know how it is in multi. Do the games in mult play realistically? Or do they end up being arcade shootouts?

yep, agree 100% shakes. madden hasn't been inventive, nor has improved in years.

NFL2K series was much, much better. even though i think that AI in most games has really been bad, "Madden" past '04 has just been the same game over and over...only sometimes it's gotten ridiculous (Reggie Bush at a 99...hah).

I haven't bought a Madden title since '06 and I don't think I'm missing out on anything. I don't play multi either, and I'm big on "smart" AI and Madden's is SHITE.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
I love the game. I get into it every year. I usually play it off and on til December or so than get real busy with work and life shit.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:41 pm 

pizza_Place: *
shakes wrote:
But, I have no friends and only play games for single player

:lol:

AWESOME!

No traces of you, what can I do?
Alone and confused

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
Tommorow's the big day or if you want to stay up late, you can go to a store at midnight and get it.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:54 pm 

I originally had the week off work so I could buy the game at midnight and just sit around all week and play the game. Well something came up with work and I had to reschedule my vacation. So instead of playing it at midnight Ill be playing it at around 2 pm tomorrow.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:57 pm 

Chris_in_joliet wrote:
I originally had the week off work so I could buy the game at midnight and just sit around all week and play the game. Well something came up with work and I had to reschedule my vacation. So instead of playing it at midnight Ill be playing it at around 2 pm tomorrow.

Real story: His wife will not let him take off from work to play a video game :D

Alone and confused

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Forward Unto Dawn Mess Hall
Chris_in_joliet wrote:

Well that blows...

Same thing happened to me last year with MW2...I'm doing everything to make sure it doesn't happen again this year with Reach...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:29 pm 

Free Ajent wrote:
Chris_in_joliet wrote:

Real story: His wife will not let him take off from work to play a video game :D

I thought Douchebag was still away on his honeymoon? :D I found out 3 of my stores have really hot sales this week and a so I decided to switch up weeks, because I was just on vacation about 2 weeks prior.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:33 pm 

Chris_in_joliet wrote:
I thought Douchebag was still away on his honeymoon? :D I found out 3 of my stores have really hot sales this week and a so I decided to switch up weeks, because I was just on vacation about 2 weeks prior.

Was it Food 4 Less that had the 5 for 10$ tombstones?

Alone and confused

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:35 pm 

Free Ajent wrote:
Chris_in_joliet wrote:

Yep..Starts Wednesday and Ultra Foods has Digiorno on sale for 3.88 limit 4.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:37 pm 

Chris_in_joliet wrote:
Free Ajent wrote:
Chris_in_joliet wrote:

Yep..Starts Wednesday and Ultra Foods has Digiorno on sale for 3.88 limit 4.

8)
Will be hitting it up.
How long is that for?

Madden+Pizza+Beer= :cheers:

Alone and confused

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:38 pm 

This Wednesday to next Tuesday for Food 4 Less. And than Ultra is Thursday to Wednesday.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:38 pm 

Free Ajent wrote:
Will be hitting it up.

The special on the pizzas or his wife while he is at work?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:43 pm 

Home5licE wrote:
Free Ajent wrote:
Will be hitting it up.

The special on the pizzas or his wife while he is at work?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:51 pm 

pizza_Place: ***
W_Z wrote:
shakes wrote:

yep, agree 100% shakes. madden hasn't been inventive, nor has improved in years.

They overhauled the engine last year. It's quite different. I play the NCAA games and they just made the transition there this year, and it's wonderful. Run blocking is 100% better, for example.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
I just bought this at Target this evening and will be playing either tonight, or tomorrow. By the way, if you buy this game along with 2 bags of those Stadium Nacho Doritos, you get a $10 gift card.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Jack Brickhouse Toppings
Was out in my car, about to leave to go purchase the new madden, and I thought, "Maybe I should check the Amazon reviews just in case."

One word. Bad.

Generally, the big time game developing companies can still pull a 4 out of 5 on any title for a good amount of time after release no matter how many one star reviews the game has been given. Not Madden 11. This game only got 3 out of 5 stars after only a week on the shelves. Not to mention they've already dumped the price on the game down to 49.95. NCAA 11 is still at 59.95 and it was released in the middle of July.

So I jumped on the EA forums and people are shitting their pants with how bad this game is. Talking like EA is just robbing its customers.

I guess it goes without saying EA isnt getting my money for this slacker effort. Ill just save some money and preorder Halo Reach instead of purchasing both games.

"He sounds like a man that was never challenged to be a man."
"He gives a lot of opinions without probably having many life experiences."

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Pisa Pizza, Countryside
I don't know, I haven't bought is game for a next gen system yet, and after playing the demo, I was really pleased with the game play... I'm strongly considering buying this, but I'll look at gamespot's review first...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:35 pm 

JBills, while I absolutely support the diversion of dollars from this game to Reach (so I'm a fanboy...sue me)

...people complaining on the EA forums isn't anything new...that's what people do there...(i know...I used to do it all the damn time)

As for the price dropping, I'd be interested to know where that happened...just checked BestBuy.com and they still have it at 59.99.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Jack Brickhouse Toppings
Home5licE wrote:
JBills, while I absolutely support the diversion of dollars from this game to Reach (so I'm a fanboy...sue me)

...people complaining on the EA forums isn't anything new...that's what people do there...(i know...I used to do it all the damn time)

As for the price dropping, I'd be interested to know where that happened...just checked BestBuy.com and they still have it at 59.99.

This morning at about 8am Amazon had the game at 49.95 and also a 3 out of 5 rating which is absolutely terrible for a renowned title released a week ago.

"He sounds like a man that was never challenged to be a man."
"He gives a lot of opinions without probably having many life experiences."

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:42 pm 

Interesting...

...seeing as that drop is only on the 360 version and not the PS3 version, I wonder if Microsoft has a hand in that...

...but yeah, 3/5 stars isn't so good...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:30 pm 

Strange that critics seem to like it more than the regular folk... The reviewer for gamspot called it one of the better madden games ever and all the critics on the website gave it an 8.7 out of ten whereas the players only gave it an average score of 7.0. Damn, now I'm actually going to have to work for a day or two to pay for it...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:33 pm 

crosscheck wrote:
Strange that critics seem to like it more than the regular folk... The reviewer for gamspot called it one of the better madden games ever and all the critics on the website gave it an 8.7 out of ten whereas the players only gave it an average score of 7.0. Damn, now I'm actually going to have to work for a day or two to pay for it...

The cynic in me says "of course they like it...they haven't been shelling out 60 bucks every year for it"...

I dunno...don't spend much time at gamespot anymore, so I don't know if that 7.0 is just haters hatin' (that happens all the time at gametrailers.com)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:36 pm 

Home5licE wrote:
crosscheck wrote:

The cynic in me says "of course they like it...they haven't been shelling out 60 bucks every year for it"...

I dunno...don't spend much time at gamespot anymore, so I don't know if that 7.0 is just haters hatin' (that happens all the time at gametrailers.com)

Yeah I wouldn't pay for it every year like NHL, but I think once every five years is a good ratio...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
So who else has this? So far I love it. People just like to bitch about everything...

Hit me up on Xbox live. I'm very beatable...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:57 pm 

I have it and I cant figure out the settings I like on this game. All madden is too hard. Not really too hard, its just not realistic at all. You cant tackle the computer at all. I bounce off everyone when trying to tackle them. All Pro is too easy. Im kinda stuck right now because of this and Im really pissed off about it too.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Chris_in_joliet wrote:
I have it and I cant figure out the settings I like on this game. All madden is too hard. Not really too hard, its just not realistic at all. You cant tackle the computer at all. I bounce off everyone when trying to tackle them. All Pro is too easy. Im kinda stuck right now because of this and Im really pissed off about it too.

Adjust the sliders...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:03 pm 

That feels like cheating then.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:51 pm 

Chris_in_joliet wrote:
That feels like cheating then.

it's not and trust me, I know cheating