pizza_Place: Frozen
immessedup17 wrote:
lipidquadcab wrote:
I doubt I'll get laid tonight...

But you might! and we might!

No, I won't...and no, you won't.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
I'm still glad I quit WoW. I got my money's worth, but too many people who play MMORPG's just don't know when to quit.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
KDdidit wrote:
I'm still glad I quit WoW. I got my money's worth, but too many people who play MMORPG's just don't know when to quit.

Will never pick it up...

...I know I'd be straight out of that south park episode if I ever did...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
lipidquadcab wrote:
KDdidit wrote:

Will never pick it up...

There's that possibility, but I've played 3 MMORPG's way more than I should have (Ultima Online (2 accounts), Star Wars: Galaxies (3 accounts), and WOW) but at some point in every one of those games I logged off one day fully expecting to log in the next day and never logged in again.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:45 pm 

pizza_Place: I vehemently disagree
I think MUD + MMORPG might have the same outcome as MUD + steady diet of crystal meth. Shiz... I got a family I gotta think about. There have been a couple days at work that I've had to take my lunch break taking a nap in the back of my car. Yeah... I'm a good role model for my kids.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:10 pm 

lipidquadcab wrote:
KDdidit wrote:

Will never pick it up...

I was addicted to one.

Now I post on a message board.

I don't know which is worse.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:19 pm 

immessedup17 wrote:
Which one BRick?

I've played, in some capacity; FFIX, LoTRO, AoC, and Aion. Mostly the middle two though.
Asheron's Call. I decided I wanted to try one and it had come out a month prior so I thought I would more easily integrate into it rather than Everquest.

Made back roughly 50% of my monthly fees paid by selling a piece of armor on ebay. The piece of armor may or may not have been given to me by a friend who found a way to exploit the server to duplicate an item.

I played a little bit of WoW but I think I've got the whole thing out of my system and got tired of the grind involved. I got a horse, was satisfied, and cancelled my account.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:26 pm 

immessedup17 wrote:
Never played Asheron's Call, but I heard that was a pretty hardcore one.
If you want to experience it, here it is.

Portal to dungeon. Cast 10 spells of protection on yourself, run in, attack, attack, attack, attack, attack, attack, attack, loot, attack, attack, attack, attack, attack, attack, attack, loot, attack, attack, attack, attack, attack, attack, attack, loot, attack, attack, attack, attack, attack, attack, attack, loot, attack, attack, attack, attack, attack, attack, attack, loot, attack, attack, attack, attack, attack, attack, attack, loot, attack, attack, attack, attack, attack, attack, attack, loot, attack, attack, attack, attack, attack, attack, attack, loot, attack, attack, attack, attack, attack, attack, attack, loot, attack, attack, attack, attack, attack, attack, attack, loot, attack, attack, attack, attack, attack, attack, attack, loot, attack, attack, attack, attack, attack, attack, attack, loot, attack, attack, attack, attack, attack, attack, attack, loot, attack, attack, attack, attack, attack, attack, attack, loot, attack, attack, attack, attack, attack, attack, attack, loot, attack, attack, attack, attack, attack, attack, attack, loot, attack, attack, attack, attack, attack, attack, attack, loot, attack, attack, attack, attack, attack, attack, attack, loot, Portal home, sell stuff, repeat one thousand times. Level up.

Eventually they added a lot more quests, but that was pretty much the game. The only really cool part was how they had serverwide events every month
immessedup17 wrote:
If I ever play another one, it would have to be a pretty casual one.
WoW is about as casual as you can get, but people still play that for hours. Playing games that have no ending end up having you playing forever until you get burnt out and quit. Luckily, this board is finished when you reach 15,000 posts and I can move on.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:25 am 

I still pay for WoW but I haven't really played that much after killing the Lich King a few times. I haven't seen much about the new expansion that is exciting. There are many things wrong about WoW and I could easily write several paragraphs about my negative experiences with its gamers. It is by far the best MMO out there in terms of ease of gameplay. They practically throw gold at you and you don't even need a guild to see the high end content anymore. I hope Diablo 3 is good but now that I know for sure they won't have a paladin class I'm not as excited about it.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:38 am 

MMO's are all after my time. i was into MUD's (not mynameisMUD, mind you). CircleMUD and other DikuMUD's, JediMUD a little bit here and there.

did get into Gemstone III on AOL for a little while until they started charging for it. but i understood why they did that...too many users and it was crashing all the time.

i was gonna try everquest; i even bought it and bought a month subscription but my computer was not ready for that thing. and even when it ran OK i just liked text based stuff better, i guess.

i'll never get into MMO's, especially after the South Park episode.