It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 3:08 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:36 am 

pizza_Place: Lou's
I ordered it off of Amazon, but have yet to receive it :(.

It looks interesting and can't wait to invite some people over for it. I assume a few people play this, and will hopefully come out from the shadows!

I haven't even read the rules, so I'm unsure how scoring goes or what strategies to use.....

C/N: Carcassonne, looks cool, fun times, strategy game

ImageImage

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:37 am 

This looks like a lame version of Risk.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:38 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
I'm assuming you two play that Magic card game on a daily basis while drinking from your chocolate milk cartons at lunch.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:40 am 

For a second I thought this looked cool, but then I remembered it wasn't the 1950's and they have all these great electronic devices that allow you to have more fun than moving plastic on cardboard.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:54 am 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
Douchebag wrote:

It's actually much better than Risk. Risk is fairly boring as games go. Carcassonne is a German board game (German board games are a category of board games which emphasize strategy and tactics as opposed to those which concentrate more on social activities and "luck of the draw/roll" such as Apples to Apples, Risk, Monopoly, etc.) It is played for 2 to 5 players. The game board consists of a number of tiles that are composed of fields, roads, castles, mountains, and water. To play, you place a piece on the game board area adjacent to an existing piece/pieces, and you have to match up the appropriate sides (fields need to touch fields, water to water, etc.) Then you put these little guys on either roads, fields, castles, or mountains. To get points, you have to close the fields, castles, etc. You get more points for bigger areas, but less points (in some cases) if they are unfinished at the end. It is a really fun game and very replayable.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:00 am 

immessedup17 wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
For a second I thought this looked cool, but then I remembered it wasn't the 1950's and they have all these great electronic devices that allow you to have more fun than moving plastic on cardboard.

So next time don't get mad at your wife when she opts for electronic devices instead of the real thing.
Maybe one day you'll know what the real thing is like rather than having to rely on your avatar.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:10 am 

newper wrote:
Douchebag wrote:

It's actually much better than Risk. Risk is fairly boring as games go. Carcassonne is a German board game (German board games are a category of board games which emphasize strategy and tactics as opposed to those which concentrate more on social activities and "luck of the draw/roll" such as Apples to Apples, Risk, Monopoly, etc.) It is played for 2 to 5 players. The game board consists of a number of tiles that are composed of fields, roads, castles, mountains, and water. To play, you place a piece on the game board area adjacent to an existing piece/pieces, and you have to match up the appropriate sides (fields need to touch fields, water to water, etc.) Then you put these little guys on either roads, fields, castles, or mountains. To get points, you have to close the fields, castles, etc. You get more points for bigger areas, but less points (in some cases) if they are unfinished at the end. It is a really fun game and very replayable.

I only play Risk with each dice roll settled by a game of Stratego. Wanna play?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:11 am 

:lol: It didn't hurt my feelings. It's not like you made fun of my eating habits or referenced a roommate situation that I brought to the board but expect that everyone pretends it didn't exist.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:15 am 

immessedup17 wrote:
and that the adult way of handling it would avoid causing unnecessary issues.
:lol:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:24 am 

immessedup17 wrote:
Funny coming from me, yes, but you don't disagree, do you?
I don't think it's the boards job to make sure that you and november are best friends especially when you've put it out on the open both on here and facebook(according to you).

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:27 am 

immessedup17 wrote:
Either way, it won't matter. It just makes me see people differently.
I'm sure Free Ajent weeps daily about this turn of events. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:37 am 

sjboyd0137 wrote:
I'm assuming you two play that Magic card game on a daily basis while drinking from your chocolate milk cartons at lunch.

You turd. You're just jealous because you wanna play. Eh, if you want to I don't care but you can't mind the chloroform.

newper wrote:
Douchebag wrote:

+1

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:33 am 

This game also kind of looks like Settlers of Katan (sp?).

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:38 am 

Douchebag wrote:
This game also kind of looks like Settlers of Katan (sp?).

Risk, no. Settlers, yes. Its brought up a lot with it as well as Puerto Rico(made by the same people as Carcassonne).

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
I have this game on Xbox Live...actually, almost everyone who's been on Xbox Live for three years or so has it because they gave it away for free a few years back...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:05 am 

immessedup17 wrote:
Ah, but Rick. That's exactly what I don't want people to do. It does exist, and it would be nice if those around here could recognize it and realize that what they say has the slight chance to inflame the situation...and that the adult way of handling it would avoid causing unnecessary issues.

welcome to the internet.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:36 am 

pizza_Place: *
immessedup17 wrote:

It seems like you are bothered by something, would you care to elaborate on who these "people" are?

No traces of you, what can I do?
Alone and confused

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:41 am 

Free Ajent wrote:
immessedup17 wrote:

It seems like you are bothered by something, would you care to elaborate on who these "people" are?

Dem blacks...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:54 am 

pizza_Place: *
immessedup17 wrote:
Feel free to venture your own guesses.

I will, however, confirm it is not dem blacks.

Hows about you just come out and say who so we don't have to guess, champ

No traces of you, what can I do?
Alone and confused