It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:02 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 398 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Pisa Pizza, Countryside
Microsoft Flight is now taking Beta applications which begins in January... you know, if you're into that kind of thing... which I am.

https://connect.microsoft.com/site1134

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:38 pm 

immessedup17 wrote:
If you played Battlefield 3, you wouldn't need Flight Simulator!!!!

:twisted: :lol:

soon...soon...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:53 pm 

pizza_Place: I vehemently disagree
imu, how are you at flying jets in BF3? If you are good, I'm going to buy you a XBOX 360, pay for a year of Gold Membership for you and require that you repay me by being my BF3 teammate and flying those planes on my team. I can't do shit with any of the aircraft.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:18 pm 

I think it's a lot more fun being infantry.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
um, GTA5?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
immessedup17 wrote:
spmack wrote:
um, GTA5?

I imagine 2013 for that, yeah?

4 was scheduled for release 6 months after the first trailer, but got delayed until 13 months after the first trailer. I'd think they could get 5 out in 2012.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
I remember when GTA Vice City came out....and getting home on a Friday night from work, and playing the game for the entire weekend....as in only getting up to use the bathroom, and an hour or two of sleep here and there...

Man, I miss being 23 sometimes......

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
spmack wrote:
I remember when GTA Vice City came out....and getting home on a Friday night from work, and playing the game for the entire weekend....as in only getting up to use the bathroom, and an hour or two of sleep here and there...

Same thing re: GTA Vice City ... bonus - played it the first weekend on the small TV, got the big screen the next week ... wonderful!

When I was 23, Goldschlager was a super brand new booze.

My life sucks.

Thank you.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:38 pm 

Not really feeling this list thus far... sans Counter-Strike of course... Maybe I was spoiled by 2011

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Little Caesar's
immessedup17 wrote:
spmack wrote:

Me too...

He said TWENTY-THREE not THIRTEEN.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:13 am 

pizza_Place: Old World Pizza in Melrose Park
Question for IMU - PS3 is free to play now over the internet but I read that they are going to start charging in January. Is this true and is it only for new people who buy PS3 or everyone even if they already are part of the PSNetwork.

Oh...Eastern Illinois. They contacted me. I didn't take the entrance exam because I had 64 crayons instead of 3. But I loved going through Central Illinois. Watching people on bad cooked up Tide is the best.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:15 pm 

:shock: they better not... if so I may have to make the full conversion over to pc... I'm half way there as of now.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Old World Pizza in Melrose Park
immessedup17 wrote:
jackref wrote:
Question for IMU - PS3 is free to play now over the internet but I read that they are going to start charging in January. Is this true and is it only for new people who buy PS3 or everyone even if they already are part of the PSNetwork.

I have NOT heard this and I highly doubt it. PSNPlus is what costs $$. Psn's infrastructure isnt strong enough to support it being pay only. Also, free is the only reason some prefer psn to live.

Ahhh thanks for clearing that up!

Oh...Eastern Illinois. They contacted me. I didn't take the entrance exam because I had 64 crayons instead of 3. But I loved going through Central Illinois. Watching people on bad cooked up Tide is the best.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:01 pm 

As of right now, the only game I have to buy in 2012 is Mass Effect 3. Not really excited about anything else right now. Ghost Recon Future Soldier looks pretty good, though.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Mass Effect 3...Halo 4...otherwise, I'm completely meh on the lineup I'm seeing thus far.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:02 pm 

immessedup17 wrote:
lipidquadcab wrote:
Mass Effect 3...Halo 4...otherwise, I'm completely meh on the lineup I'm seeing thus far.

This is because you hate games with captivating storylines, engaging gameplay, and revolutionary concepts. And it seems you also hate sequels and improvements made to some of the most famous gaming franchises ever, such as Diablo and Counter-Strike.

:roll:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:12 pm 

Cool.

Didn't realize commenting in this thread meant I was subjecting myself to a referrendum on my gaming tastes, but I shouldn't be surprised.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:17 pm 

immessedup17 wrote:
lipidquadcab wrote:
Cool.

Didn't realize commenting in this thread meant I was subjecting myself to a referrendum on my gaming tastes, but I shouldn't be surprised.

It is a forum. We are forumizing.

This thread specifically is about games I am looking forward to.

My mistake. I thought it was about anticipated in general, not just by you. Guess I'll see myself out as I really don't give two shits.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:00 pm 

I was just commenting on console games. Maybe there are more exciting PC games. I'd probably play Counter-Strike, but I friggin' hate all Final Fantasy games, so many of those types don't interest me at all.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:27 pm 

Tomb Raider lost me years ago. Not even nostalgia will bring me back to that one. I loved Bioshock, but I thought Bioshock 2 was meh. Basically felt like a redundant wandering story line whereas the first one had a thoroughly interesting Ayn Rand feel to it. Never heard of Dragon's Dogma.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:50 am 

I find your lack of Microsoft Flight inclusion disturbing.

Twisted Metal?!? I forgot about that one, can't wait to pound the clown!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:25 pm 

immessedup17 wrote:
crosscheck wrote:
I find your lack of Microsoft Flight inclusion disturbing.

Twisted Metal?!? I forgot about that one, can't wait to pound the clown!

I've never really played those at all - I never had the whole joystick whatever set up...and the games seem kind of lonely, to be honest. Flying around solo above a bunch of semi-photorealistic settings? I think you'd have to be a huge airplane / jet guy to get true enjoyment out of that.

EDIT: Maybe similar to how Gran Turismo aims for the "gearhead" crowd...whereas most other racing games aim for more casual video game fans.

Yeah, that pretty much sums it up, but in the last version of the game they added missions to the mix, which is what got me enjoying the game, I think it also has multiplayer, but sucks to that piggie. The don't need to make a simulation game into a racing game.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:31 pm 

I always enjoyed the Ace series as well, but there wasn't enough simulation to make me happy. I get my kicks through taxiing and landing... Oh well Vanilla/Chocolate

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:12 pm 

immessedup17 wrote:
Congratulations console-only gamers. Diablo III is coming to your system.

http://games.ign.com/articles/121/1216193p1.html

I'm assuming, like Counter-Strike, PS3 gamers will be able to play with PC and Mac, but XBox gamers will only be allowed to play on XBox Live. But regardless, you'll be able to play the sequel to the best dungeon crawling RPG ever.
More evidence that the future of games like that are on the console. I would have thought Blizzard would have been one of the last holdouts for this but they see the writing on the wall in terms of PC sales.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:26 pm 

immessedup17 wrote:
Using your logic, they would be developing the game for console instead of porting it. I think Activision had a strong hand in deciding on a port, but the sales of Diablo III on PC vs. console will tell the story.
I said they are working on a strategy to be a player in console gaming. Blizzard was a PC only game company since Warcraft 2. I don't think it's a coincidence that Blizzard suddenly is starting to get their games on consoles around the time that PC sales are plummeting in favor of tablets. They know how many customers they have that are using their parents PC's. When those PC's basically become word processors because the parents would rather use an iPad and buy the kids an xbox they have to adjust.
immessedup17 wrote:
And I'm sorry, but there is no chance in hell Diablo III will sell more on consoles than PC. Same with Counter-Strike. Same with Witcher 2.
I didn't say they would. I'm saying that Blizzard sees the future and is adjusting accordingly.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:10 pm 

immessedup17 wrote:
I strongly disagree. Porting a video game to a new system is a relatively cheap process...and they will cash in on some easy money. But Blizzard knows where their fan base is...and where their money comes from. Console gaming is fairly small in South Korea, PC gaming is huge and a very large percentage of Blizzard's customer base is in South Korea.
Why is Blizzard all of a sudden porting things to consoles when they flat out refused for about 20 years?
immessedup17 wrote:
http://www.joystiq.com/2012/01/06/steam-sales-increase-100-percent-for-the-seventh-straight-year/

Also, Valve's Steam disputes your theory - with sales figures.
Your shortsightedness in this discussion is crazy. You can stop citing any current sales figures.

I guess it really doesn't matter. You think that PC gaming will thrive in a world where most people replace PC's with specialty devices. I think the signs and actions of game makers indicates that they see the future being on these devices.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:03 pm 

immessedup17 wrote:
A) It is now easier given the similarities between PC and console development. Consoles are almost miniature PC's in themselves, and many use PC game engines.
The fact that consoles are "almost miniature PC's" is one of the reasons they will be able to replace the need for a dedicated PC for gaming.
immessedup17 wrote:
B) Do you have any factual figures that represent most people replacing PC's with specialty devices
Come on. This trend should be well known to someone like you. PC sales are slowing down and people are using dedicated PC's for less stuff.
immessedup17 wrote:
- keeping in mind that PC's don't play games, gaming PC's do. The gamers playing Farmville on their iPad aren't the gamers playing RTS and FPS on their nVidia 580GTX systems.
I understand that, but most PC gamers start playing on the family computer and eventually need a faster PC for the better graphics. When that family computer basically is just for Word while they get email and surf the web on other devices he'll be forced to go to his xbox to play. Of course PC's aren't going to completely disappear. They'll have uses. They'll have people who want to play games on them but usage habits are already changing.

I just don't see many companies looking at the current trends and saying "I'll stick with PC only games".

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:14 pm 

immessedup17 wrote:
IGN's Top 10 XBox games of 2012.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/121/1216414p1.html

Witcher 2 should be number one.

The whole time I was working my way up to number one, I kept saying "they can't really pick Halo 4 as the biggest, can they"...yup, they did...

...right now I'm buying the game, but I need to see a lot more before I'd even consider it in the same company as Bioshock Infinite and Mass Effect 3.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:20 pm 

immessedup17 wrote:
lipidquadcab wrote:
immessedup17 wrote:
IGN's Top 10 XBox games of 2012.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/121/1216414p1.html

Witcher 2 should be number one.

The whole time I was working my way up to number one, I kept saying "they can't really pick Halo 4 as the biggest, can they"...yup, they did...

...right now I'm buying the game, but I need to see a lot more before I'd even consider it in the same company as Bioshock Infinite and Mass Effect 3.

...and Witcher 2. :)

I'm with you on this one, but you obviously knew that already. After a certain point in time, shouldn't game series be required to bring something new to the table? It is frustrating that developers fall into complacency.

The thing is, it's not even the same developer...but rest assured, these are some of the "best and brightest" in the games industry...or at least I'm told every time I read an article about 343 Studios.

Just read the PS3 list...wasn't aware of just how much turmoil there is going on behind The Last Guardian, which is a shame, because it seemed like a game to genuinely be excited about. Also interesting that the PS3 list included GTAV while the 360 didn't...obviously the editors aren't talking to each other about consistency in their lists.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Why do you need new games? Just keep playing Skyrim.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 398 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next