It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 1:22 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:52 am 
1000 CLUB

I've given up on taking my iPod Classic with me and instead just carry my Galaxy S4 with multiple batteries. As I have Bluetooth with the phone, I want to carry a small Bluetooth speaker with me.

I have the Uber Clip and the iWave Que.

Keep in mind I am usually living out of my carry-on (might have a small camera bag with me too). I'm usually without wheels. So I am sort of strict about weight. The clip is 2.3 ounces, the Que is 2.5 ounces. The Que can get loud - much louder than I would need. But seems nice enough given I'm not an audiophile. Amazon has it for $55; I bought it at Ross yesterday for $13.

Any other recommendations for cheap, lightweight and small Bluetooth speakers? I don't think I would want something more than 1/4 pound, and it should be roughly the size of a deck of cards.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Positanos on 55th Street

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:44 pm 

:lol:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
C_Howitt_Fealz wrote:
I've given up on taking my iPod Classic with me and instead just carry my Galaxy S4 with multiple batteries. As I have Bluetooth with the phone, I want to carry a small Bluetooth speaker with me.

I have the Uber Clip and the iWave Que.

Keep in mind I am usually living out of my carry-on (might have a small camera bag with me too). I'm usually without wheels. So I am sort of strict about weight. The clip is 2.3 ounces, the Que is 2.5 ounces. The Que can get loud - much louder than I would need. But seems nice enough given I'm not an audiophile. Amazon has it for $55; I bought it at Ross yesterday for $13.

Any other recommendations for cheap, lightweight and small Bluetooth speakers? I don't think I would want something more than 1/4 pound, and it should be roughly the size of a deck of cards.

OK, c how, do you feel you have gone overboard at this point with the .2 ounce issue on your bluetooth speakers?

The only thing you should care that much about in the .2 ounce scenario isnt TSA approved.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:39 am 
1000 CLUB

You misunderstand. Just giving specs on the two I have. Willing to go up to a quarter pound.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:51 am 

Just use the speaker on the phone. It's probably just as good as any chunk of shit you buy that will weigh 0.2 pounds.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:19 am 

wouldnt you want headphones for traveling?

sears has these with $50 store credit after purchase ($20 headphones after credit is used) http://www.sears.com/nakamichi-noise-is ... ockType=G8