It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:00 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Acer Chromebook 15
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:16 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
Typing on it right now. Basically a 289.00 internet browser but if all you do is surf the web and stream videos/movies, this is the rig for you. Not for anyone who games or needs a computer for business functions. 1080 screen with awesome speakers.

Post subject: Re: Acer Chromebook 15
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:20 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:50 am 

i dont know your situation, but unless you rely on that crazy good portability i think these are the best deal going right now http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dell-Latitude-E ... 3f4a9cd1c1

i know its not new, but these are not throw away machines

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:28 am 

pizza_Place: A few...
Those are nice, Ike. I believe that is my wife's work computer. I don't really have any need for Windows and there is no way it is as fast as this is. You open the lid and it's on....no waiting for startup. And those Dell's aren't full HD.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:05 am 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
Talk to an IT guy about the Chromebook. I considered buyjng one for one of my kids and talked to our IT guy and he said they are crap.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:16 pm 

Peoria Matt wrote:
Those are nice, Ike. I believe that is my wife's work computer. I don't really have any need for Windows and there is no way it is as fast as this is. You open the lid and it's on....no waiting for startup. And those Dell's aren't full HD.

i do agree if it does what you need its better than a windows laptop. also if you are into the google ecosystem than it makes total sense, because a windows machine does not run google stuff well. i honestly think google made it shitty on purpose so people buy their chromebooks!

plus like i was saying, a chromebook is ultra portable. you will never hesitate to take it with you.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:17 pm 

Scorehead wrote:
Talk to an IT guy about the Chromebook. I considered buyjng one for one of my kids and talked to our IT guy and he said they are crap.

of course an IT would say that- he needs a creation machine not a consumption device. and we all love our android phones.... chromebooks are the same thing just tailored for a desktop use environment.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:34 pm 

its not windows. win7 is great

and chrome was awesome when it came out. but that was before all the bloatware it comes with now. it doesnt even tell you what the hell its doing, in task manager it just says "chrome.exe" listed 5 or 6 times, all taking up ram and all eating cpu cycles... causing a normally cool running laptop to run at full fan speed constantly.

im not alone on this, a quick internet search find a whole lot of others with the same resolutions. google just trying to infiltrate windows much the same microsoft tried to infiltrate internet explorer into windows before the lawsuit.