It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:30 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: fuck you google chrome
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:12 pm 

on windows, it has turned into absolute dogshit. its bloated, takes a shitload of ram, and it NEVER shuts off even if you close the browser.. The only way to kill it is through task manager (kill like 5 instances too since they separate every activity), and i can only imagine how much data these fucktards are mining from their customers 24/7

if youre laptop is running warm or has short battery life, even if you dont use chrome and you just have it installed... uninstall all things chrome/google related and watch the temps fall off a cliff.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:15 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
Smooth as silk on the Chromebook. Best computer purchase I ever made.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:20 pm 

im sure it is... its also great on my phone. like i said in the other thread it seems like they crippled its performance on windows to make people think their laptops are crappy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:21 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
I like it.

Your take not the Windows performance.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:56 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
i've seen lots of people bitching that chrome is just not as good as firefox and others right now... luckily my PC's all have plenty of ram so i dont notice it being the resource hog it is...

but the user experiecnce is still excellent for me

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:26 am 

firefox is where its at for me. i like it on my phone too. and they dont watch you masturbate

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:48 am 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Opera used to have a really good mobile browser. Still do, looks like:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... wser&hl=en

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:09 am 

pizza_Place: Ian's Pizza
Would love to move on from Chrome, but the ability to share bookmarks, history open tabs, etc between devices keeps me on it. And the tie ins to Google Now, Maps and Gmail too.

Would love to eventually move to Safari/iCloud, but I still don't like Apple Maps, and I'm stuck on a PC for work.

Google locked me in. Well done.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:32 am 

firefox had the ability to share bookmarks, tabs and etc before chrome did. it works great.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:51 am 

IkeSouth wrote:
firefox had the ability to share bookmarks, tabs and etc before chrome did. it works great.

Maybe I'll give it a shot. I'm trying to think if there is anything I'd miss out on.

Edit: I don't think Firefox is on iOS, though... right? That wouldn't really work for me.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:54 am 

Looks like it's coming:

Is Firefox available for iPhone or iPad?

Apple's restrictions have previously prevented us from bringing the current version of Firefox to iOS devices (iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch). However, we are working on a Firefox experience that you can enjoy on your iOS device in 2015.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:47 pm 

so it will be a crippled firefox experience.

fucking apple. i have known a few programmers who wanted to put their apps on the iphone store and apple simply wouldnt allow it for some bullshit reason

why people buy that crap is beyond me. apple computers and phones are fucking lame

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
IkeSouth wrote:

fucking apple. i have known a few programmers who wanted to put their apps on the iphone store and apple simply wouldnt allow it for some bullshit reason

why people buy that crap is beyond me. apple computers and phones are fucking lame

And on this you and I agree. I refuse to buy any Apple product.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:40 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Scorehead wrote:
IkeSouth wrote:

On a related topic why don't the make granny smith caramel apples? Those red ones they use always suck.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:35 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
Scorehead wrote:

i'm far from a bible bouncer, but when they're sitting there thinking up the new company in wozniak's garage and jobs is like "HEY HAS ANYONE USED ORIGINAL SIN AS A LOGO?" it just kind of makes sense, like the apple 1 debuting at $666.66

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:47 pm 

its quite amazing. that sales sheet looks like a classic snake oil page. an to think what happend over the next 30 years...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:48 pm 

if youwant more reasons to shit on the new version of chrome they are blocking plugins that use "npapi" so silverlight, adobe reader, flash no longer work. there is a way to override this change for now but in spetember that override goes away too

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:57 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
billypootons wrote:
if youwant more reasons to shit on the new version of chrome they are blocking plugins that use "npapi" so silverlight, adobe reader, flash no longer work. there is a way to override this change for now but in spetember that override goes away too

http://www.oldversion.com/windows/google-chrome/ and turning off auto-updates?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:12 pm 

well i wouldnt use an old version of a web browser... far too great of a security risk

the real option is firefox. open source and privacy advocate browser. its really a no brainer especially since its the only browser left that actually fully works with any site you go to. Im a little sad Internet Explorer is going away, because as shitty as it was at times it usually was the most compatible with the internet.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:17 pm 

billypootons wrote:

what they are trying to do is re-shape the way websites are created.

i say good luck, becuase whatever market share you think you have right now will dwindle the moment people get frustrated with your product... especially when the competitors are offering the same deal without the hassle.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Chrome compatible new browser from some folks who worked at Opera previously:

https://vivaldi.com/

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:37 pm 

wow looks like they have a solid team behind it too. i wonder how they plan on capitalizing on their work put in

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:13 am 

billypootons wrote:
if youwant more reasons to shit on the new version of chrome they are blocking plugins that use "npapi" so silverlight, adobe reader, flash no longer work. there is a way to override this change for now but in september that override goes away too

Thanks for playing troubleshooter for me. For the life of me I couldn't figure out why in the hell I suddenly couldn't print anything while browsing with chrome. So now I'm relieved knowing that I didn't screw my office computer up. (this time)

Hussra wrote:

And so far I love this new browser, thanks for the heads up.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:03 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
billypootons wrote:
if youwant more reasons to shit on the new version of chrome they are blocking plugins that use "npapi" so silverlight, adobe reader, flash no longer work. there is a way to override this change for now but in september that override goes away too

Thanks for playing troubleshooter for me. For the life of me I couldn't figure out why in the hell I suddenly couldn't print anything while browsing with chrome. So now I'm relieved knowing that I didn't screw my office computer up. (this time)

Hussra wrote:

firefox is onboard with blocking npapi too, they just haven't forced it upon us like google is choosing to do.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:50 pm 

billypootons wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
billypootons wrote:

Hussra wrote:

firefox is onboard with blocking npapi too, they just haven't forced it upon us like google is choosing to do.

only a matter of time then. i welcome change i just hate how its implemented sometimes.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
I just read that Microsoft is ending the Internet Explorer brand in its next version of Windows. They are developing a new browser with a different name. Wont matter to me as a longtime Firefox user.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan