It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:36 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:46 pm 

I bought this tablet about 6 months ago

http://www.sears.com/linsay-10.1-new-qu ... ockType=G2

and of course, on the box it said quad core, but the tablet itself said dual core when i got it.

sears has like a 30 day return policy on it, and since i never opened it for the first few weeks i didnt realize i got a piece of shit.

but i did send it to linsay and they sent me back a quad core, that shipped from sears :lol: my guess is linsay found out sears repackaged a bunch of returns wrong or something.

anyway, even the quad core version, while a lot better, is still a cheap pos tablet. the screen is pretty crappy, the camera is hilariously bad, and i dont even want to try the microphone/speakers.... but i AM going to keep it because it DOES screencast to chomecast well! thats really all i care about. i can browse the web ok, read email and throw content onto a large tv. so its worth the $80 for that...

but the point of my subject is look at the sears reviews. notably, i noticed they took mine down (a 2 star bad review) and all the reviews on there are 5 star. these are all fake. shame on you sears!!!! you wonder why people trust amazon more... those guys are actually taking fake reviews to court!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Who shops at Sears?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:50 pm 

i do. they give me thousands of points when i spend like 4 bucks

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
bigfan wrote:
Who shops at Sears?

I got my washer and dryer there. Some of the big ticket items like that and lawnmowers are pretty decent but I don't shop there for anything else.
Since I got Amazon Prime there is really no reason for me to shop anywhere else.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
You bought a 10.1" 600p tablet for $89 made by some brand called Linsay and Sears is the douchebag????

What kind of aspect ratio is 1024 x 600? The lowest resolution widescreen ever?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:16 pm 

Even the lowest tier Amazon Fire 6 has a 1280x800 resolution and is only 6".

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:19 pm 

people make too much of a fuss about resolution. sure, if i was going to use it everyday, i would buy a $300 proper tablet... but this is for taking with me on trips. plane travel. public places. it will also sit on my workbench and stream content to my garage tv. the resolution is fine. if it breaks or gets stolen, boo hoo go buy another. if i had a galaxy tab s 10 break on me i would be depressed.

im not mad at sears for selling this item. ive had worse tablets. im mad at sears for fabricating their reviews. like i said, if you shop at that website just keep in mind the reviews mean NOTHING.

oh, and sears did send me the wrong item in the right box to begin with. that sucked. and they said they wouldnt replace it either... but the manufacturer sent me a brand new one, the right one, no questions asked and for some reason it came shipped from sears. the first one i got was a dual core real piece of shit. this one is quad core and plays videos fine. its really not that bad for what it is.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:27 pm 

I think those reviews are legit. Think about who still shops at Sears. Old folks / non tech savvy individuals.

To them, 1024x600 on a 10" screen would look amazing compared to the 28" Zenith they ordered from the Fall 1988 Sears catalog.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:52 pm 

they cant be. one said the camera was great. its worse than android 2.3 phones i used to have, no kidding. i would imagine it is a 0.3MP sensor, i am not exaggerating a bit. it makes you laugh

i put a piece of tape over all mine anyway. i dont want my dick on the internet.

what i like best now is i can keep this thing and sell my acer icona a1-830. sure, thats a nice intel tablet as well, and does feel a little snappier than this chinese one... but overall? meh. even the acer camera is pretty lame too, its not like i would use that either. and yes, the acer has a better screen but its smaller... i definitely like the 10" screen. resolutions are actually very similar too...

and the chinese tablet can do ART runtime, so with that enabled its pretty damn snappy. keep in mind my daily driver is an LG G2 and i hate laggy devices... the acer cant do ART and it never will get lollipop... AND it will NOT screencast! it just doesnt work on the acer!

I can get $100 for the acer, which will be a $20 profit from when I bought it a year ago. its a great little tablet, but for what i need this linsay actually fits better. plus it came with a keyboard case that makes it like a mini laptop.

Last edited by IkeSouth on Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
i can understand complaining about getting a dual core tablet when it said quad core.... but you can't expect a sub $100 tablet to perform at an acceptable level for anything but the most basic of tasks.

probably 7 years ago my old roommate bought a 50" tv from sears... they delivered a 54" tv... he didn't complain about the free upgrade.

i share your concern about fake reviews on websites though, i generally trust amazon especially if there are more than a handful of reviews for the item.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:00 pm 

IkeSouth wrote:
they cant be. one said the camera was great. its worse than android 2.3 phones i used to have, no kidding. i would imagine it is a 0.3MP sensor, i am not exaggerating a bit. it makes you laugh

i put a piece of tape over all mine anyway. i dont want my dick on the internet.

The same logic applies to the camera as it does the display.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:04 pm 

IMU wrote:
IkeSouth wrote:

The same logic applies to the camera as it does the display.

but people know what decent cameras are. this is worse than youre thinking, trust me. theres no way all those people gave this tablet perfect stars, its obviously fake. plus, they took my 2 star review down. proof they are tampering.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:09 pm 

I'll reserve judgement until I can read an IkeSouth product review. I've read IkeSouth message board posts...it is reasonable to think one could choose to remove IkeSouth opinions from a topic.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:39 pm 

at least my handle isnt Instant Masturbation Ulcers

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
AT&T tossed in an LG Gpad 10.1 when I upgraded my phones back in January. I think it was only supposed to be a 7.0, but either they didn't have those in stock; it was a thank you for being a customer with anywhere from 3 to 5 devices on my account for 15+ years; or it was part of the overall bribe to get me to give up my grandfathered in "unlimited" Cingular-then-AT&T data plan.

Great device, you can pick em up for under $200 on amazon. It's not top shelf in terms of processor and screen but the lower specs = longer battery life. I use laptops and desktops most of the time anyhow. Mostly it's a dedicated pr0n-machine. Using either my Nexus 6 or HTC One M8 (or whatever the 2014/last year's model is) for everyday mobile device uses. HTC One has awesome sound.

aside: the proliferation of tablets/phablets as replacements for laptops and desktops among the younger generation(s) risks losing the US's long-standing global-edge in software development, as American "kids today" don't engage their computing devices the way prior generations did.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
btw, IkeSouth, or anyone, is it possible to set up distinct user accounts on Android, the way I can on my Linux desktop installs? Sucks to have people borrow the tablet and then see all the xhamster links in my browser history; which I hate deleting cuz it's like a "best of" list, gnomesayin.

maybe if I root it and install a custom "ROM"?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
bigfan wrote:
Who shops at Sears?

We bought our bed at Sears.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:47 pm 

1 hour and 37 min on battery while streaming internet radio, still at 99% battery!!!!! that cant be right

i used to have an older android phone that with a custom rom had user accounts...

but i know the nexus 10 with android 4.2 was the first to officially add that option. Not sure what tablets have that nowadays, but I would imagine a few do

you could just install a different browser, and also install an app locker. lock the 2ndary browser down with a password and just use that for hot teenage girls videos of choking down lesbian anal dildos

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:01 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
We bought our washer and dryer and dishwasher at Sears.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:02 pm 

IkeSouth wrote:

But you came up with that handle quickly given only an acronym as inspiration.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:02 pm 

sears does have good appliance repair support when you buy from them. they offered me a job once, wanted to give me a van and everything.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:03 pm 

IMU wrote:
IkeSouth wrote:

But you came up with that handle quickly given only an acronym as inspiration.

bigfan massed pm'd it to everyone awhile back. something about a name change

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Caseys
Sears and K-Mart one and the same now. Just bought a new mower and Craftsman weed eater couple weeks ago. Sears in the dying mall in Galesburg closed a year ago but K-Mart survives. I like it because I have a credit account there and basically can walk in and get whatever I need and walk out with it without using my credit cards. 90 days same as cash or they just put it on my account and interest is low if you qualify. They do this because they as a company are circling the drain.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:04 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
I bought a dryer at Sears outlet. Picked it up, floor model, like $600 but it originally was like $1100. Got it home and it didn't work.
So... they told me I needed to get a service guy. I knew what the problem was though, board wasn't sending voltage to the ignitor, bad board. Anyway they insisted on sending a tech. Guy comes and diagnoses a bad board.
They told me 2 weeks for a new board.
I'm like dude fuck that I got LAUNDRY you know?
So the store manager told me can you bring it back, I'll get you a new one.
So the wife went with me. PIcked out another one, was actually $900, originally $1500. So the difference was $300.
I was expecting to pay another $300. Manager said Sears would eat the $300. Take it. Be merry.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:27 pm 

Sears does try. Theyre just mismanaged on many levels. I like the madison east side sears tho